Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:50:52 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Get "Tanked"! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Get "Tanked"!  (Read 5454 times)
Umaril Has Returned
« on: November 06, 2013, 04:17:06 PM »

New Wave Of British Heavy Metal legends Tank have released another album not too long ago. The album is called 'War Nation" and here's a track from it. BTW-all original members of Tank are apparently no longer in the band, but the music isn't too bad even so.

Had to post the URL as the Youtube option isn't working:
Small | Large
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 11:52:36 AM »

Hmmm... not too sure if I could get on board with the "new" Tank with no original members. I miss Algy's vocals. Then again, Napalm Death have no original members left and they're still putting out respectful music, so maybe I'm just plain wrong.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 02:45:22 PM »

Hmmm... not too sure if I could get on board with the "new" Tank with no original members. I miss Algy's vocals. Then again, Napalm Death have no original members left and they're still putting out respectful music, so maybe I'm just plain wrong.

I feel the same way, because I remember such great Tank classics as 'Don't Walk Away", "Walking Barefoot Over Glass", "Crazy Horses" and others that Algy was the vocal power behind. I like the music on it's own merits, but like you, I will always default to the original lineup of Ward, Brabbs and Brabbs any day of the week.   Cheers
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 10:41:38 AM »

I thought I'd heard that Algy Ward started his own version of Tank so there are two bands using the name. Y'know, kinda like "Great White" and "Jack Russell's Great White" or the two Queensryches.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 11:31:55 PM »

The original TANK were GREAT.  This new song isn't bad, but can't compare.  

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 12:37:22 PM »

I thought I'd heard that Algy Ward started his own version of Tank so there are two bands using the name. Y'know, kinda like "Great White" and "Jack Russell's Great White" or the two Queensryches.

That I hadn't heard. I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the tip. I suppose it's possible, kind of like Ozzy originally did with Sabbath, it was Black Sabbath, and Black Sabbath w\Dio until they went with the name Heaven and Hell. I think, anyhow.

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 12:38:20 PM »

The original TANK were GREAT.  This new song isn't bad, but can't compare.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FL8iTfHC2Q

You know it, man!  Cheers 
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 01:47:27 PM »

That I hadn't heard. I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the tip.

Algy Ward's "Tank" released an album in June called "Breath of the Pit," apparently...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/algy-ward-s-tank-breath-of-the-pit-cover-artwork-unveiled/

In a 2009 statement to Classic Rock magazine, Ward slammed his former bandmates for taking a version of the band out on the road in Europe without him. He said: "I wish the loyal TANK fans around the world to know that the band playing various European festivals under the name of 'TANK' do so without my consent.

"The band name TANK, associated logos and images are my sole intellectual property and copyright.

"I am currently unable to perform live due to poor health but continue to write and record."

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 04:11:54 PM »

That I hadn't heard. I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the tip.

Algy Ward's "Tank" released an album in June called "Breath of the Pit," apparently...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/algy-ward-s-tank-breath-of-the-pit-cover-artwork-unveiled/

In a 2009 statement to Classic Rock magazine, Ward slammed his former bandmates for taking a version of the band out on the road in Europe without him. He said: "I wish the loyal TANK fans around the world to know that the band playing various European festivals under the name of 'TANK' do so without my consent.

"The band name TANK, associated logos and images are my sole intellectual property and copyright.

"I am currently unable to perform live due to poor health but continue to write and record."

I heard about Ward's condition. Some said it was a brain tumor that he had as that was one of the stories going around. I know whatever it is it has him looking really old. There again he's in his mid 50's as Tank's heyday was in the early 80's.  like the rest of us from that day like myself, the lad's not 20 anymore.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 08:28:55 PM »

I heard about Ward's condition. Some said it was a brain tumor that he had as that was one of the stories going around. I know whatever it is it has him looking really old. There again he's in his mid 50's as Tank's heyday was in the early 80's.  like the rest of us from that day like myself, the lad's not 20 anymore.
You got that right.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 01:35:23 PM »

You got that right.

Thanks! It's sad to see our favorite folks get older, but we're getting there with them and it's a trip no one is spared (darn it)  Bluesad   I wish Algy well and hope that he continues as best he can.  Smile
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Get "Tanked"! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.