Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:53:44 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Best Compliments You Have Received « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Best Compliments You Have Received  (Read 6289 times)
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 03:29:01 AM »

I agree with some of you on the awkwardness - most of the time when I get a compliment I think the person is being polite or insincere.  I usually turn red and get hot and say “Thank you!” and then do my best to return the compliment by saying the truest and nicest thing that comes to mind which is usually something stupid like ”And you look so tall!”  But if I get a really good compliment, when the person walks away, sometimes I punch the air and silently say “Yesss!” and then my self esteem goes up a couple notches for a week or two!
Some of the best I can remember are:

“You never make any sense, but you always manage to make me feel better” – from my friend Julia.

“How does something so small and lovely make such a loud and horrible sound” – from my friend Crystal about my burping.

“She has superhuman abilities in Cognos” – from the Data Manager at work.

When I met my friend’s boss at his birthday party, I overheard him gushing for at least 5 minutes straight telling my husband that I was extraordinarily beautiful, angelic looking and hard to keep his eyes off of.. granted, he was totally drunk and had wayy too much bacon that evening, and we were in a dimly lit bar… it was still very nice to hear something so sweet being said so sincerely from a guy who was not attempting to charm his way into my pants.

And I have had my fair share from you all as well and I swear I take them all to heart!  I believe Doggett responded to something I said once with “Weirdest post ever”..coming from HIM on HERE, that was a total compliment!  And I am very flattered that El Misfit has signatured my feelings on Snoballs for the world to remember that I squeeze them like a pervert.

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 03:14:33 PM »

And I am very flattered that El Misfit has signatured my feelings on Snoballs for the world to remember that I squeeze them like a pervert.

And we are all flattered to know a lady as unconventional as yourself, who would have the daring to squeeze Snoballs in that context in the first place. Not too many people would admit to such a practice!  Buggedout BounceGiggle
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 04:51:47 AM »

In a backhanded way, the best compliment I have ever received happened in my first year of high school in 1980, where, after my IQ was tested, I was told that my IQ was very, very low and that I would not amount to anything in life.  Question The douche bag who gave me the results grudgingly admitted that I had shown positive results in class tests, was good in sports and that, despite the fact that my IQ was essentially low, I could stay on at the school.

You really don't want or need to hear crap like this when you are thirteen, but my promise to myself was that I would and will prove the teachers wrong: 33 years later, I continue to do so.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 12:02:36 PM »

In a backhanded way, the best compliment I have ever received happened in my first year of high school in 1980, where, after my IQ was tested, I was told that my IQ was very, very low and that I would not amount to anything in life.  Question The douche bag who gave me the results grudgingly admitted that I had shown positive results in class tests, was good in sports and that, despite the fact that my IQ was essentially low, I could stay on at the school.

You really don't want or need to hear crap like this when you are thirteen, but my promise to myself was that I would and will prove the teachers wrong: 33 years later, I continue to do so.  Smile

Trevor, Honey, clearly you are crap at IQ tests.  There: it had to be said.  It's OK: nobody is good at everything.   TongueOut

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 02:56:22 PM »

Are you sure it wasn't just you, but your undies?  TeddyR

yeah no.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2013, 03:56:06 AM »

Trevor, Honey, clearly you are crap at IQ tests.  There: it had to be said.  It's OK: nobody is good at everything.   TongueOut

TeddyR TeddyR

Exactly the case: those IQ tests prove nothing at all IMO.  Thumbup

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2013, 03:56:51 AM »

Are you sure it wasn't just you, but your undies?  TeddyR

LOL: They were clean [er] back then.  Buggedout Twirling TongueOut Wink

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2013, 03:49:13 PM »

And I am very flattered that El Misfit has signatured my feelings on Snoballs for the world to remember that I squeeze them like a pervert.

Just doin mah part for the community here. Wink

yeah no.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Best Compliments You Have Received « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.