Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:24:14 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  New Tarzan movie? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Tarzan movie?  (Read 4669 times)
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« on: November 06, 2013, 05:27:21 AM »

First off, I am by no means a movie buff and not able to tell rumors from facts. This, however, is something I stumbled upon by chance:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/christoph-waltz-talks-tarzan-637398

Generally, I tend to think that Tarzan would be something worthwhile considering a "reboot", especially with a more serious and modern appraoch.

Regarding the cast, I don't actually know Alexander Skarsgard (Tarzan). As not much about the take on the story is given, who am I to start arguing.

Doing the opposite of what I just said: Christoph Waltz as the villain sounds nice. But I would like to see him doing without the typical funny/sarcastic touch.

No Jane yet?

Director David Yates. Not really a fan of Harry Potter, but the whole series including his last four parts looked solid work to me.

Overall: If it happens I'm gonna watch it.

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 02:44:51 PM »

No Jane yet?

The return of Bo Derek, maybe? Nah, she's too old for the part now. I'm predicting a generic choice like Megan Fox or Kristen Stewart. The role of Jane doesn't really require anything besides showing up on the movie set, anyway.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 03:14:25 PM »

No Jane yet?

The return of Bo Derek, maybe? Nah, she's too old for the part now. I'm predicting a generic choice like Megan Fox or Kristen Stewart. The role of Jane doesn't really require anything besides showing up on the movie set, anyway.

I think the last Tarzan film was around '98 but I think I missed it. I did see "Greystoke" back in '84. I wouldn't mind a new one and I agree that the "Jane" might be a lesser actress or an unknown. Hopefully not Kristen Stewart.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 05:21:50 PM »

Yeah, I was interested in knowing when was the last appearance of Tarzan on the big screen, and it is, actually this year or 2013. The reason few of us, including myself, know about it, is because it is an animated film from Germany with Kellan Lutz voicing the title character. It has opened in a few countries already with a wider release next year. There is no scheduled release date for the U.S.

Besides that and the TV shows . . .
. . . both live action and animated
. . . and the straight to videos
. . . and the animated films
. . . and the guest appearances on various TV shows

. . . the last live action Tarzan film, that I can determine, to hit the big screen was "Tarzan and the Lost City" in 1998 with Casper Van Dien as the title character. A film which I actually saw when it was released to theaters, so it looks like I may be up for a new, big screen, live action version of the story.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 08:07:50 AM »

I personally don't think the world has yet fully recovered from "The Adventures of Tarzan" (1985). How could a new franchise ever match up to the wonders of musical numbers such as this:

Small | Large

Or this:

Small | Large

TeddyR

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 12:59:21 AM »

I'd actually like a new Tarzan film, remake or reboot. My grandfather has been trying forever to get out to a movie with me but his taste range is pretty much unknown to me and he shows no interest in anything out right now. He's a major Tarzan fan and such a film would bring him out to the theater for sure.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 05:10:40 PM »

I guess that there's a UK version in the works as well. An animated family version, hopefully better than the 1994 Disney animated movie: http://whatculture.com/movie/tarzan-2013

Tarzan (2013)

11 October 2013

Directed By: Reinhard Klooss

Written By: Reinhard Klooss, Jessica Postigo

Starring: Edd Osmond, Chris Fries, Andy Wareham, Anton Zetterholm, Christian Serritiello, Rebecca Reaney, Craig Garner, Jo Osmond, Mark Deklin, Kellan Lutz, Robert Capron, Spencer Locke, Brian Huskey, Trevor St. John, Jaime Ray Newman

Runtime: tbc.

Genres: Animation | Family

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 03:54:54 PM »

I guess that there's a UK version in the works as well. An animated family version, hopefully better than the 1994 Disney animated movie: http://whatculture.com/movie/tarzan-2013

Tarzan (2013)

11 October 2013

Directed By: Reinhard Klooss

Written By: Reinhard Klooss, Jessica Postigo

Starring: Edd Osmond, Chris Fries, Andy Wareham, Anton Zetterholm, Christian Serritiello, Rebecca Reaney, Craig Garner, Jo Osmond, Mark Deklin, Kellan Lutz, Robert Capron, Spencer Locke, Brian Huskey, Trevor St. John, Jaime Ray Newman

Runtime: tbc.

Genres: Animation | Family

Actually, if we are talking about the same film, I have just seen the trailer for it, and it piqued my interest enough that I plan on going to see it, if it opens in a theater near where I live. I'm sure it'll be compared with the Disney animated film, which seems to be an apple 'n' oranges comparison to me, as we are talking about two different types of animation. This one looks to be CGI animation, while the Disney one was the old pen and ink animation, but we shall see what we shall see.
Gst0395
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 07:14:42 PM »

I only ever saw the Disney version of Tarzan. Heavily enjoyed that in my younger days, like alot of other animated flicks.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  New Tarzan movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.