Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:00:09 PM
714156 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  MST3K Movies that were actually decent... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MST3K Movies that were actually decent...  (Read 11117 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 06:15:58 PM »

I really like The Black Scorpion.  I think it has some great stop-motion work, an interesting dark atmosphere and is one of the better giant animal on the loose films of the time period.  Why it never seems to get mention with other noticeable films of the era like Them or The Giant Claw is strange.

I don't see how "Them" is comparable to "The Giant Claw", which felt pretty abysmal for a big studio production, especially with that strange bird puppet.

Oh, yeah. TGC is to THEM what Boloney is to steak.

Oh, and BTW...
http://www.rowsdowr.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/vHey11.jpg

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 09:29:23 PM »

I really like The Black Scorpion.  I think it has some great stop-motion work, an interesting dark atmosphere and is one of the better giant animal on the loose films of the time period.  Why it never seems to get mention with other noticeable films of the era like Them or The Giant Claw is strange.
I don't see how "Them" is comparable to "The Giant Claw", which felt pretty abysmal for a big studio production, especially with that strange bird puppet.
Oh, yeah. TGC is to THEM what Boloney is to steak.

I said "noticeable".   O.K. I admit I worded my sentence to make it sound like both films are masterpieces.  Really I meant that when I find discussions of the monster films of the atomic age, these are two films that I often find mentioned.  One for being the classic that it is, and the other for its camp value.  I think more people could recognize the Giant Claw first, before the black scorpion.  The Black Scorpion, to me at least really gets overlooked. I'd put it above say...Tarantula or Giant Spider Invasion

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Flangepart

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2013, 09:16:54 AM »

I said "noticeable". 
D"OAH! Missed that, my bad.

O.K. I admit I worded my sentence to make it sound like both films are masterpieces.  Really I meant that when I find discussions of the monster films of the atomic age, these are two films that I often find mentioned.  One for being the classic that it is, and the other for its camp value.  I think more people could recognize the Giant Claw first, before the black scorpion.  The Black Scorpion, to me at least really gets overlooked. I'd put it above say...Tarantula or Giant Spider Invasion
Yeah. My first MST3K was TBScorpion, and I laughed my a$$ off. Still liked it when I saw the TCM broadcast. Fun flick, fun riff. A double pleasure for me.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
ChaosTheory

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2013, 05:56:55 PM »

I genuinely like DIABOLIK. 
Ditto THE REBEL SET, THE GIANT GILA MONSTER and TEENAGERS FROM SPACE, rear-projected lobster and all  BounceGiggle
JACK FROST was okay too.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2021, 07:36:32 PM »

Sadly, I haven't watched that many episodes of MST3K (that I can recall at least) I did just discover "Danger Diabolik" last week...watched it on a marvelous DVD remastered print.   Saw the movie unriffed..and was blown away. 
Watched the MST3K episode and I can see why they riffed it.. it was a bad print..pan and scan..so a lot of the amazing camera work evaporated...made it look like a campy, cheesy mess.. It's not.

I should go back and watch more epsisods
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2021, 09:26:49 PM »

I like the weird Russian Jack Frost  -- visually it's stunning

Bride of the Monster is ok -- if the octopus was working, it'd probably pass for a good movie by most

I really like Master Ninja 1 and 2

Gamera is really good

I like Hobgoblins, Teenagers from Outer Space and Robot Monster because they're so bad they're good

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2021, 12:19:56 PM »

I accuse my parents goes hard
pennywise37

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2021, 02:03:47 AM »

which one had Robert Reed? that's a good one (1961) i think it came out in, there's one near the end of the KTMA season that i love i forget the name of it off the top of my head but i agree not all of them are terrible. the only thing that bugs me is the ones that are actually good get a low rating cause it's on the show and it's not always because they are bad
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  MST3K Movies that were actually decent... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.