Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:02:55 AM
714311 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Watching bad movies...ALONE. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Watching bad movies...ALONE.  (Read 7019 times)
wicked_rose
New Visitor

« on: December 01, 2013, 08:18:18 PM »

I love watching terrible movies but don't always have someone to watch with me. How do I make watching bad movies alone fun?
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 09:08:14 PM »

Find a really fun bad movie, something like THE LOST EMPIRE or NINJA BACHELOR PARTY.  Invite some friends over, serve some popcorn, put it in, and riff the movie while it's playing.  Get them to laugh at it with you.  You may go through a few friends before you find one that will embrace this strange mania of ours, however.  BTW, welcome aboard!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Javakoala
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 11:10:45 PM »

I tend to talk to the TV when watching bad movies. "You don't move radioactive waste in blue jeans and flannel, people." I get a kick out of laughing at these movies by myself. Yes, it would be fun with others, but you can get just as much fun by yourself.

The big thing I like to do is make mental connections with the movie I'm watching. Like picking out odd character actors I've seen in other movies, or compare this director's early films to a later film, or whatever you want to focus on. Even counting the number of times you can clearly see the boom mike or the shadow of the boom mike can make a film fun.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 11:36:20 PM »

I love watching terrible movies but don't always have someone to watch with me. How do I make watching bad movies alone fun?

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 11:42:29 PM »

He said fun, not s**t faced on the table drunk fun. TongueOut

yeah no.
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 11:03:12 AM »

I've been known to live-share my pain on Facebook while watching a bad movie. I suppose you could live Tweet for much the same effect.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 01:16:25 PM »

I watch most of my movies alone, because my wife works a lot of night shifts. It's probably better that way because she doesn't share my taste in Z-grade cinema so if she were there I'd have to listen to her running commentary, i.e. "Eww, this movie is gross. Why are you making me watch this? This is awful. Can't we watch something else? You owe me big for making me sit through this crap."  TeddyR

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
claws
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 01:44:59 PM »

My sister and me usually watch three movies in a row (almost) every Sunday at my place, its been a long tradition. Sometimes I put together a triple feature of carefully selected bad movies (always trying to avoid the really dull stuff). Our mocking running commentary comes naturally and we always have a good time. My sis is a good sport and enjoys the badness as much as I do.

When I watch a bad movie alone its not much different than me watching any other movie alone. I don't do a commentary but I will react depending on how ridiculous the cheese is. I also have a habit of sharing my bad movie viewing experience on facebook as in quotes, pictures or selected scenes I might find on YouTube.

The fun when watching alone should still be a given, depending on the movie of course. Bad movies are like comedies, you are (should be) amused because of the unintentional humor.
major jay

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 02:15:29 PM »

Watching a bad movie alone is way better than watching it with someone that doesn't get it.
That situation can turn out being a real drag. It's not easy finding like minded people.

wicked_rose
New Visitor

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 04:58:55 PM »

He said fun, not s**t faced on the table drunk fun. TongueOut

She actually
Flangepart

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2013, 06:35:55 PM »

Watching a bad movie alone is way better than watching it with someone that doesn't get it.
That situation can turn out being a real drag. It's not easy finding like minded people.
Got that right.
When all else fails, use food and beer to prime the pump. You'll get fatter, but if you don't over do it...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
MrMari

Keepin' my pimp hand strong since 1975.

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 12:24:46 AM »

Some time ago, there was a thread on here where a group of form members would agree on watching a bad movie on Netflix together over the weekend. We would all comment on it then Monday after. I participated in a few of those. It was a lot of fun. I member Paquita being part of the hi-jinx. :) We watched "Hot T-Shirts (1980)" as a group. LOL

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2013, 11:57:22 AM »

I do most of my bad movie watching alone.  I enjoy watching several in a row on Saturday nights.  A few years ago, I'd stay up until about 2:00 a.m. on weekends watching bad movies.  These days, I usually don't go past midnight except on rare occasions.  One of my fondest memories is when I watched THE MILPITAS MONSTER late one weekend night.  That was quite an experience.

Small | Large

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2013, 01:16:14 PM »

Netflix is a great source of bad movies. In my searches for a good movie to watch, I inevitably come across a bad one. Over the years, I have learned to enjoy bad movies so long as they are not boring. Some bad movies can have hilarious premises, while others are just a boring waste of film and time.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2013, 12:10:24 PM »

Just last night I watched this one alone (thanks to Mill Creek's Sci-fi Classics 50-Movie Pack):

Small | Large

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Watching bad movies...ALONE. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.