Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:43:08 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Doctor Who Christmas Special 2013 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Doctor Who Christmas Special 2013  (Read 4618 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: December 27, 2013, 11:46:13 AM »

Good, not great. As with so much of the revival series, it tried to be too profound. The "Classic series" was all about being fun; the 21st century series, while filled with fine episodes, likable companions and mostly brilliant Doctors, is just missing the carefree quality that made the show so watchable in the old days. All that said, the next Doctor looks like he has potential to be a really good one!

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 08:32:25 PM »

I'll give Capaldi a chance, but I loved Smith as the Doctor. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 10:00:45 PM »

I was disappointed.  Very.  I agree that it tried to be too profound.  It was uneven and full of plot holes.  As for Capaldi: his entrance wasn't the 'event' I had anticpated: a 'miss' as far as defining his personality.  He can look rather terrifying.  If he has the ability to be lighter, great;  if not... TongueOut

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 01:15:15 PM »

I got Day of the Doctor and Time of the Doctor on my PC and I wonder if you can enjoy them without ever seeing one episode of Dr.Who before? I'm asking because I plan on watching the 2005 Dr. Who at some point, but I wonder if watching the two specials might be a good start to see if I actually like the style of the show.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 04:03:48 PM »

Wait a minute....
if the crack in the wall thingie started out as a prison from which some beastie escaped, & then The Doctor banished the weeping angels into the big crack thingie, & now we find out it's connected to the doo-dad he used to hide Gallifrey from the deleks, then wouldn't the doctor still have wiped out the Gallifreyans by filling it full of weeping angels?

and in the episode The End Of Time, where did that version of Gallifrey come from, & where does it go to, and what connection, if any, does it have with the Gallifrey that was trapped in the painting, which is somehow connected to the crack in the sky thingie?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 11:11:45 PM »

Wait a minute....
if the crack in the wall thingie started out as a prison from which some beastie escaped, & then The Doctor banished the weeping angels into the big crack thingie, & now we find out it's connected to the doo-dad he used to hide Gallifrey from the deleks, then wouldn't the doctor still have wiped out the Gallifreyans by filling it full of weeping angels?

and in the episode The End Of Time, where did that version of Gallifrey come from, & where does it go to, and what connection, if any, does it have with the Gallifrey that was trapped in the painting, which is somehow connected to the crack in the sky thingie?

Hmm, definitely the work of the Cybermen.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Ticonderoga 64
Disillusionist

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 12:21:04 PM »

Wait a minute....

The crack in the wall was created by the Silence causing the TARDIS to explode and bring about the end of the known Universe back in series five. The Weeping Angels were destroyed by the crack as it is filled with time energy that wipes out most known life forms. The Time Lords are more than capable of using this both as a weapon and a means of a possible gateway.

The version of Gallifrey shown in the END OF TIME is the same as in DAY OF THE DOCTOR. The High Council with Rassilon was responsible for the plan involving the Master in END, it was the War Council that the Doctors communicated with on saving the planet during DAY. Gallifrey currently is trapped in a pocket of time outside this Universe. They used the crack in DAY to communicate with the Doctor to see if it was safe for their possible return. This was why all of those alien races, Daleks, Cybemen, Weeping Angels, etc. showed up. They wanted to attack & finish the Time Lords as soon as they came through the crack back into this Universe. This led to the events of TIME OF THE DOCTOR and was why he spent hundreds of years guarding the crack so that they would not end up destroyed.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Doctor Who Christmas Special 2013 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.