Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:54:40 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What things scared you as a kid? Or still do as an adult? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: What things scared you as a kid? Or still do as an adult?  (Read 21328 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2014, 10:32:37 PM »

I still can't really deal with big crowds.. or constantly having to be with people.

I was afraid of Santa as a kid.  And Donald and Mickey and Goofy at Disneyland.  Hell, anyone in a big suit looking for kids to hug or shake hands with would compel me to move quickly in the other direction.  I still don't like closeness with people, big suit or no...
Yes, we know you're afraid of intimacy.  

Anyhow, what scared me as a kid and still does?
The Beyond The Door TV spot.  This scared me badly as a kid and I admit that I still don't feel easy when I see it.  
-bDdncqvtfQ
You don't "feel easy" seeing it 'cause it stinks!  NANNY is possessed by the debil!!  

Toothpicks in baked goods.
We had a neighbor lady when I was a kid who loved to bake fancy cakes. The probelm was she held them together with a mouth-piercing array of tooth picks. After biting into one in sombody's birthday cake for years I could not eat cake or similar baked goods without checking it closely for toothpicks.
BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

This part from Dawn of the Dead (2004) didn't really scare me, since I didn't find that movie particularly scary, just hella fun to watch. But I was always disturbed by the girl's unfortunate death-by-chainsaw for some reason. Probably because I wasn't expecting her to go out like that, and she looked like a fine piece of tail.

"...a fine piece of tail..."  Nobody else cares, but, this is the state of our forum.  

-bDdncqvtfQ

I haven't seen THE BIGGEST DANCER IN THE WORLD in many, many years.  The ending scared me a long time ago, but I definitely would have looked at it again if I could find it.  It's now available on YouTube:  
Small | Large

The end... the last 4 minutes. 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:02:15 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2014, 12:19:28 AM »

Dismembered eyes freaks me out, though there is one exception.

yeah no.
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2014, 04:59:49 AM »

Some elements from the Resident Evil games scared me when they were new.
Like the dogs jumping through the windows in the first game.
And the dogs in the garden maze in the 4th game.  You'd hear them growling/panting/running in the distance.. then BAM!  They're right in front of you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eaQGqew7Dc

I can agree with this too. The other thing was flying in airplanes, large insects, and for some reason, dead fish and dead birds bother me.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2014, 09:39:49 PM »

Quote from: Allhallowsday link=topic=142104.msg515373#msg515373

[quote author=Umaril Has Returned link=topic=142104.msg515089#msg515089 date=1388342419
Anyhow, what scared me as a kid and still does?
The Beyond The Door TV spot.  This scared me badly as a kid and I admit that I still don't feel easy when I see it.  
-bDdncqvtfQ
You don't "feel easy" seeing it 'cause it stinks!  NANNY is possessed by the debil!!  [/quote]

I was rather young when the TV spot played on TV and it was like the NY stations delighted in playing the TV spot when it was time for kids to go to bed...i remember laying in bed with the hall light on when my parents were downstairs watching TV and every 10 minutes or so you'd hear 'Whooo-areee-youuuuuu" and for a kid that was scary!

Tame by today's standards? Definitely, but as a look back it conjures some goosebumps.

Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2014, 09:25:34 PM »

That wallace and gromit film where they find that oven on the moon (for real). Never figured out why. Perhaps it caused me to be a bit of a sucker for sci-fi horror movies as well

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2014, 10:58:42 PM »

You have a little problem there with your quote UMARIL, but don't misunderstand me.  Yes, those BEYOND THE DOOR TV spots scared me too!!!  I remember that TV spot!!!  It was NANNY AND THE PROFESSOR JULIET MILLS and I was... young!!!   However, it was always NANNY, so, it got "better" as I got older and I've made fun of the thing many years.  That's why we have BADMOVIES.ORG because we LOVE these terrifically imperfect films. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2014, 07:52:32 PM »

You have a little problem there with your quote UMARIL, but don't misunderstand me.  Yes, those BEYOND THE DOOR TV spots scared me too!!!  I remember that TV spot!!!  It was NANNY AND THE PROFESSOR JULIET MILLS and I was... young!!!   However, it was always NANNY, so, it got "better" as I got older and I've made fun of the thing many years.  That's why we have BADMOVIES.ORG because we LOVE these terrifically imperfect films. 

Yeah I saw the error there, forgot to add the code for the quotes or something.  But yeah I agree with you 100% that we love these films because of what they brought to the bargaining table, and sometimes, the badder, the better!   I think the biggest thing scaring those of us old enough to remember, was seeing Nanny go from this loving, benign person to this raving depraved creature.

Much in the same way, the season one Lost In Space episode, "Follow The Leader" sees Prof. Robinson slowly coming under the influence of the spirit of a centuries-dead maniacal warrior who conquered the galaxy at one time. Watching Robinson go from loving family man to megalomaniac, with a shrinking window of opportunity for him to wrest himself free of the influence, was very scary, and also entertaining too!  Good talk  Cheers
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2014, 02:07:29 AM »

This part from Dawn of the Dead (2004) didn't really scare me, since I didn't find that movie particularly scary, just hella fun to watch. But I was always disturbed by the girl's unfortunate death-by-chainsaw for some reason. Probably because I wasn't expecting her to go out like that, and she looked like a fine piece of tail.

"...a fine piece of tail..."  Nobody else cares, but, this is the state of our forum.  

-bDdncqvtfQ

So you weren't disturbed by the image of the little hottie getting chainsawed to death, but you were disturbed by my calling her a fine piece of tail? Fascinating.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2014, 02:26:26 PM »

-bDdncqvtfQ

So you weren't disturbed by the image of the little hottie getting chainsawed to death, but you were disturbed by my calling her a fine piece of tail? Fascinating.

You'll have to excuse the lad, he's a bit put out that the final cut of Beyond The Door didn't have the long-awaited upskirt shot of Juliet Mills' tail as she was floating out the door. Yeah, that one affected a lot of us too  Twirling 
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2014, 04:25:37 PM »

So many things when I was a kid....store dummies, mechanical fortune tellers, and believe it or not, octopuses; today, they fascinate me.

One that's carried over from childhood-I can't stand an uncovered window at night, the drapes / blinds MUST be closed.

Strange one....I can walk or ride a bike in practically any kind of traffic, but, even though I've known how for forty years, I cannot drive a car; I freeze up.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2014, 03:24:22 AM »

Just the random way anybody can die for any reason.

I was enthralled by the opening of Saving Private Ryan as anybody, how could you not? But the death that disturbed me the most was the one guy at the end trying to strap a "sticky bomb" on a tank and being liquidated when it exploded too soon.

But just as horrifying to me was the movie Affliction. This is a movie about a son who has lived under his father's browbeating for decades. After decades of browbeating he stands up to his father and punches him, but because his father is now a septuagenarian, it results in one of the most disturbing deaths I have ever seen on film.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Bella
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2014, 09:45:51 AM »

Snakes have always scared the hell out of me.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2014, 11:28:25 AM »

Just the random way anybody can die for any reason.

I was enthralled by the opening of Saving Private Ryan as anybody, how could you not? But the death that disturbed me the most was the one guy at the end trying to strap a "sticky bomb" on a tank and being liquidated when it exploded too soon.

But just as horrifying to me was the movie Affliction. This is a movie about a son who has lived under his father's browbeating for decades. After decades of browbeating he stands up to his father and punches him, but because his father is now a septuagenarian, it results in one of the most disturbing deaths I have ever seen on film.

I did se eboth movies and I gotcha' on both counts.  I think the horror of Affliction is a bit more disturbing because it shows that people have acted on impulse and caused something that can"t be taken back no matter how hard we want to reverse it. 

I say this because with war, it's understandable that men will die in many different and terrible ways, but when you perform a single act that causes the result that you never expected (or wanted).
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2014, 02:54:04 PM »

I
 have always wanted to do to my biological parents what Nick Nolte does
to James Coburn in AFFLICTION but only much, much worse.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2014, 01:34:42 AM »

As a kid I was freaked by Event Horizon (1997) and as an adult TRULY HORRIFIED by almost every Gasper Noe film, namely Irreversible (2002)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What things scared you as a kid? Or still do as an adult? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.