Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:16:37 PM
713374 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  "Good" Movies only YOU think are unintentional funny « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: "Good" Movies only YOU think are unintentional funny  (Read 18853 times)
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2013, 04:03:27 PM »

Signs is pretty damn funny, especially the first half of it.

"I can't swear, it sounds fake when I swear." -Mel Gibson
In light of what I know now, that line is funny.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2013, 09:51:52 PM »

I know this will probably get me a spot in Hell, but - PRECIOUS (2009)

The first time I saw it I was dutifully horrified by Mo'nique's character  and felt bad for poor Precious. I watched it a couple more times and realized I was finding some parts hilarious (Precious stealing the chicken and then throwing it up again, the photos of her mom and teacher coming to life, the extreme stereo-typed fellow students, mom's primping in front of the TV, the scene of Precious' family trying acting normal for the social worker visit, even Precious' child with Down's Syndrone being nicknamed 'Mongo').

I read a recent interview with director Lee Daniels that made a bit of sense. He said his favorite director was - John Waters, and the film that most influenced his career was FEMALE TROUBLE! I have no idea if he intentionally gave this very serious minded film a campy overcoat, but I know I'll never see it again without picturing Divine and Edith Massey as Precious and her mother. (Featuring Mink Stole as "Mongo")

« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 09:54:56 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 03:05:43 AM »

Not sure if this falls in the 'good' movie category, but there is an unintentionally funny scene in Jack Reacher (2012) with Tom Cruise.

Spoiler ahead:

>
>
>
>

One of the villain's petty henchmen has failed him, and the villain gives him a chance to redeem himself.  He offers the story of how when he was starving in Siberia, he bit off the fingers of one hand to prevent gangrene from spreading, and said that was how much he was willing to live.  He then offered the same deal to his minor henchman: lose the fingers of one hand, or be shot in the head.

The henchman blurts out, "but I don't even have a knife!"  And the villain murmurs, "did I have a knife in Siberia?"

At that moment, I let out a laugh, but the rest of the theatre was dead silent.  The henchman put his thumb in his mouth, and two elderly ladies got out of their chairs and never came back to the cinema.  Meanwhile, I was chuckling because long movie experience showed me where this was going.

In the end, the henchman couldn't bring himself to bite off his fingers, and was shot in the head for his lack of courage.  So those two old ladies missed the rest of the film, which was surprisingly good.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Gst0395
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2013, 09:15:41 AM »

Point Break is one of my favourite action flicks, though I did find the line "I am an F.B.I AGENT!" unintentionally hilarious for how over-dramatic it was. I also found Dennis Hopper's character in Speed (1994) funny because of his over-psychotic personality.

Then there's The Thing (1982) which is one of my favourite horror/sci-fi films, some of the mutations and deaths made me laugh a bit but also horrified me at the same time.
claws
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 12:18:10 PM »

Wendigo (2001)

It has a reputation of being "good" but there's tons of unintentional humor in this one. Personally I think Wendigo is highly overrated, and not the hidden gem it is made out to be.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  "Good" Movies only YOU think are unintentional funny « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.