Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:22:09 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  INDY'S END OF THE YEAR MOVIE BASH!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: INDY'S END OF THE YEAR MOVIE BASH!!!  (Read 3083 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: December 29, 2013, 03:07:30 PM »

I was really busy with Christmas stuff thru the 26th or so, but I am going to try and watch a bunch of movies between now and Tuesday night to finish off 2013, and report on them here - the good, the bad, and the awful!  I have 3 down as of yesterday and one more rented to watch tonight; I may or may not pay a visit to Hastings to restock today - if not, then definitely tomorrow.  I'll keep you guys posted!

RIPD (2013) - My wife and I watched this one together last night, and it is a very entertaining, if predictable, mashup between any number of "cop-buddy" movies with a dash of MEN IN BLACK thrown in.  Ryan Reynolds is a Boston PD cop with slightly sticky fingers, killed by his corrupt partner during a drug bust. On his way to judgment, he is recruited for the R.I.P.D. - the policemen of the afterlife, who round up dead souls of evil men who refuse to leave the earth and dispatch them to eternity.  Of course, Reynolds is recruited just in time to help foil a "deado" plot to unleash an apocalypse on the earth by reconstructing an ancient artifact that will reverse the polarity of the Well of Souls and allow all the dead to return to the world of the living, and yadadada . . . great CGI effects, predictable but fun. Thumbup

INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 2 (2013) - This is a very direct sequel to the popular original film from 2 years ago; it's essentially more of the same - if you liked the first movie, you'll enjoy this one; if you hated the first movie you probably won't care much for it.  It helped that I watched this one with my 19 year old daughters who are not as jaded as I am with horror films; I enjoyed them being scared by it more than I was scared by it myself. Thumbup

BERBERIAN SOUND STUDIO - Veteran English character actor Toby Jones plays a sound technician named Guilderoy, who comes from the UK to Italy to do the sound editing on an Italian horror movie.  He spends the entire movie making sounds, recording sounds, listening to sounds, and splicing sounds on his equipment - and THAT'S IT.  I cannot believe this incredibly boring movie got a 6.3 rating on IMDB!  You spend an hour and a half waiting for SOMETHING - anything - to happen, and it never does!  You don't get to see a single clip from the movie they are working on (which does actually sound kind of cool).  It's all him working on sound effects and arguing between the production crew and the cast.  I have nothing against a cerebral horror film - I loved ABSENTIA - but this movie bored me to tears.  Avoid at all costs!!!! Thumbdown

TONIGHT:  I AM ZOZO!  (That is a movie title, by the way, I myself will still be Indy) TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 01:56:00 AM »

I AM ZOZO!  Watched this one tonight after the Dallas Cowboys' annual playoff choke.
College kids go to a cabin in the woods and play with a Ouija board, making contact with a spirit called ZOZO.
Bad stuff happens and one of them dies.
I found this to be moderately creepy, mainly because Ouija boards creep me out!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 11:20:26 AM »

http://horrornews.net/79279/film-review-zozo-2013/

There is a s**te review of it on HorrorNews.net, but the premise sounds interesting enough for me to want to check it out anyway, because I used to live in an actual haunted house a couple of years ago; the house got sold and turned into a business, so we got kicked out. Otherwise, we would have stayed because while the house was old and creepy-looking, it wasn't scary in the slightest, at least not to me. The wife hated it though, but women, you know...

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 06:51:41 PM »

BERBERIAN SOUND STUDIO - Veteran English character actor Toby Jones plays a sound technician named Guilderoy, who comes from the UK to Italy to do the sound editing on an Italian horror movie.  He spends the entire movie making sounds, recording sounds, listening to sounds, and splicing sounds on his equipment - and THAT'S IT.  I cannot believe this incredibly boring movie got a 6.3 rating on IMDB!  You spend an hour and a half waiting for SOMETHING - anything - to happen, and it never does!  You don't get to see a single clip from the movie they are working on (which does actually sound kind of cool).  It's all him working on sound effects and arguing between the production crew and the cast.  I have nothing against a cerebral horror film - I loved ABSENTIA - but this movie bored me to tears.  Avoid at all costs!!!! Thumbdown
Agreed. I bought this simply from the praise of the reviews, and the fact I love loads of 70's Italian giallo movies. Never been so bored with a movie in my life. Gave up after less than half an hour... that's probably a new record for me. When I spend money on a DVD I will always force myself to watch it to the bitter end even if I hate the movie but with this it was different. It was that bad, and I've already sold it.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 09:51:57 AM »

ZOMBIE NIGHT (2013) OK, when I saw that this zombie film was released by The Asylum and made by the director of the FEAST series, I thought  "Oh boy!  Over-the-top gore, bad acting, gratuitous EVERYTHING!"  What I got was a pretty pedestrian, made-for-TV zombie flick with one barely redeeming twist - when the sun rises the dead quit walking, so if the two families can make it through the night, they will be OK.  Other than that, it was just by-the-numbers zombie action with the gore ratcheted way down and no nudity or profanity.  Overall, pretty forgettable. Thumbup Thumbdown

TOAD ROAD (2012) You would think a studio labeled "Artsploitation" would crank out some cheesy goodness, but this movie was awful.  I have really been striking out with indie horror films this week.  A bunch of kids get together, use drugs, and talk about a trail in the woods called "Toad Road" that supposedly leads to the Seven Gates of Hell.  Eventually the good-girl-turned-junkie, Sara, talks her boyfriend/drug supplier into walking down the road with her, and disappears into the forest.  He shows up months later with no memory of what happened.  An utterly useless flick with LOTS of teens using drugs and way too much male nudity - none of them guys the ladies would really enjoy looking at, either.  Once more, AVOID AT ALL COSTS! Thumbdown Thumbdown

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 10:31:23 AM »

Finally!  I ended 2013 (at least it was 2013 when I started watching it, if now when I finished!) with a pretty decent ghost story called CASSADAGA.
Lily is a beautiful, deaf art instructor whose younger sister is hit by a car and killed near the beginning of the film.  Devastated by her loss, Lily moves to a small town in Florida called Cassadaga, billed as THE PSYCHIC CAPITOL OF AMERICA.  Attending a séance with her new boyfriend, she is contacted by a vengeful ghost who keeps showing her a series of random images.  Eventually these visions lead her to the lair of a vicious serial killer nicknamed "Gepetto," who turns his victims into human marionettes by severing their arms and legs and re-attaching them with metal joints, suspended by ropes.

This was a genuinely creepy and suspenseful horror tale that avoided trite clichés and delivered some solid scares.  Kelen Coleman was brilliant as Lily, delivering a convincing performance that was a cut above most female horror movie leads. 

It was nice to end the year with a winner after picking some solid duds!!!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  INDY'S END OF THE YEAR MOVIE BASH!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.