Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:10:31 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  man brought back from dead turns nasty? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: man brought back from dead turns nasty?  (Read 7120 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« on: December 31, 2013, 08:03:43 AM »

not a horror/action but more like a TV movie with emphasis on drama. probably late 80s to early 90s

my memory is sketchy but what I mainly remember is this guy is brought back to life possibly after being technically dead at the hospital, but he starts being mean to his family/friends and possibly tries to kill his own parents to gain their inheritance or something. In the final scenes of the movie he ends up being killed by his own mother (possibly), and I think she stabs him with one of those black metal rods you use to stoke a log fire?

I think the guy's name might've been Richard. A line of dialogue I seem to remember from near the end is his mother telling him something like "you were never the same since you came back to us after the accident Richard, you're just cold now".

Last clue, the back from the dead guy looked similar to this actor who used to be in Falcon Crest, but I don't think it's him

- although weirdly I've just taken a look at his imdb and there's a film from 1991 where this guy plays a character called Richard who dies of blood cancer. there's no other info but I don't think this is the film I mean because it looks too much like a romantic melodrama, which the film I'm on about wasn't. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101787/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_37
edit - no it's definitely not this.

any ideas?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 05:55:11 PM by zombie #1 » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Bushma

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 10:46:58 AM »

Kinda sounds like Hideaway with Jeff Goldblum.

Small | Large

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 11:16:13 AM »

haha, thanks, but definitely not that... Way too flashy, and looks like it has supernatural elements. Would've remembered if Jeff goldblum was in it well.

nah, this was your ordinary run-of-the-mill type TV movie, but with a slightly darker vibe than normal

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 03:08:11 PM »

Maybe Dead of Night/Deathdream?
A Vietnam soldier is killed, and then reanimated.  Returning home, he is evil and kills a few people.
Small | Large

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 05:53:40 PM »

Maybe Dead of Night/Deathdream?
A Vietnam soldier is killed, and then reanimated.  Returning home, he is evil and kills a few people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSi43oYTJ6E

thanks, but it's not that... too 70's looking. 

I'd say the earliest this film could've been was 1985, latest about 1991-ish. it had quite a slick, made-for-tv feel to it

I've seen it twice on TV, but missed the first half hour or so both times, that's why I'm not too sure how this guy died/was brought back to life...

thanks for the suggestions tho
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 05:57:28 PM by zombie #1 » Logged

kaiju-kara
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 06:30:39 PM »

could it be  Wes Craven's  Chiller ?   
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 06:48:42 PM »

Maybe Trilogy of Terror II (1996), made-for-cable.  The 2nd story is a bit like what you're talking about.  The flick sucked mightily, especially in comparison to the original.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 07:27:45 AM »

could it be  Wes Craven's  Chiller ?    

I think you've got it! Only clip I can find on youtube is just the credits intro, but the plot synopsis on Wikipedia is so close, I'm 99% sure it must be this. The name Miles for the main character is now ringing a bell too, although I thought it was Richard, lol...

My memory of what the main character looked like seems to confirm it too:

Thanks, whoever you are!  Thumbup  Drink

thanks Russell also, appreciate the help, even though it's definitely not that - just watched some on youtube, all 3 parts are uploaded
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 07:38:14 AM by zombie #1 » Logged

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  man brought back from dead turns nasty? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.