Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:52:47 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  A_Dubya reviews 50 Years of WWE « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A_Dubya reviews 50 Years of WWE  (Read 2281 times)
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« on: January 02, 2014, 04:18:52 AM »

This will be a fairly short review, as I will just highlight some thoughts I had after watching this the other day.
WWE 50 Years of WWE - The History of the WWE...

or as I call it, 50 years of revision. Yes, I figured it would be this way, but I decided to give it a try anyway. The first maybe 25 minutes were okay, and offered some insight that I wasn't 100% aware of before. After that, it becomes more or less your typical current-era WWE revisionist re-telling and embellishment of many incidents. At times, specifically when it deals with HHH or going PG, it becomes hard to watch. The WCW section I found to be very contradictory and lacking in honesty, but what do you expect, right? Not to spoil anything, but long time fans of the wrestling industry will know this already. I find humor in how Vince and Co. seemed relatively fine with closing out various territories in the 80's, yet cried foul when their talent left, or was taken by WCW in the late 90's.

Don't buy this tripe. If you are just morbidly curious like I was, rent it just for the first 30 minutes, then turn it off. Your brain will thank you I'm sure. I enjoyed two things though. Mike Tyson speaking on his love for Sammartino was cool, as well as guys like Bret, Owen, Shawn and Undertaker being given some love for sticking around in the whole new generation era. After that, it just takes a nosedive for me, because in any documentaries or biopics I watch, accuracy and legitimacy are very important to me. 2 stars outta 5.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  A_Dubya reviews 50 Years of WWE « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.