Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:42:38 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Retail stores for weed in Colorado- « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Retail stores for weed in Colorado-  (Read 6641 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: January 04, 2014, 05:33:10 AM »

Weed is legal in Colorado-I predict (in Crisswell voice) that-
Michigan,Oregon,Washington and Indiana will be next-or some southern state-like Lousiana or Georgia-its gonna happen-the flood gates are cracked-that kid on the paint can pulled his finger out of the hole-like Led Zep sez-when the levee breaks-!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 10:16:27 AM »

Other states are going to watch Washington and Colorado for a couple of years to see what happens. I predict the next states to legalize will be out west.

I honestly never dreamed marijuana would ever be legal in my lifetime---I thought it should be, but I never thought it would actually happen. Growing up I thought NORLM and all those pro-pot people were just fringe lunatics with no grasp of reality. Now it looks likely.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 09:10:53 PM »

The point of prohibition was to make it too expensive and the legal cost, namely incarceration, high so that people wouldn't seek it out or sell it. It didn't work. The stuff is available, affordable and the jails are full of people that use it. The government making money off it is probably the main reason it passed but I would say that.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 01:15:28 AM »

Mom will be pleased at this: she is a proponent of medical marijuana use.  Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 01:22:49 AM »

It's been legal to various degrees at the state level off and on up here in Alaska over the years. At one point in 1990, it was legal to have up to FOUR OUNCES OF WEED for your own personal use (it was illegal to sell it) in Alaska, but since then they dropped it down to about one ounce.

This web page on the Alaska state website always cracks me up for some reason: http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/VitalStats/Pages/marijuana.aspx

What these yahoos in Colorado and Washington don't mention much in the news is that it is still a federal offense to grow, use, or possess marijuana. I don't know, I never really got into the stuff, so it doesn't really affect me much either way.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 08:40:53 AM »

What these yahoos in Colorado and Washington don't mention much in the news is that it is still a federal offense to grow, use, or possess marijuana. I don't know, I never really got into the stuff, so it doesn't really affect me much either way.

The Obama administration has said they're not going to actively prosecute users or sellers in states where it's legal. Future administrations could always change that approach but it seems unlikely to me. It technically remains illegal under Federal law but this is the most serious erosion of Federal drug law in my lifetime.

Actually I think Alaska's decriminalization strategy is the best approach for all drugs. I don't support buying heroin at Walmart, but I don't want people thrown in jail for using a drug if they're not causing anyone else any harm.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 08:48:28 AM »

Weed is legal in Colorado-I predict (in Crisswell voice)

TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 03:42:14 PM »

Actually I think Alaska's decriminalization strategy is the best approach for all drugs. I don't support buying heroin at Walmart, but I don't want people thrown in jail for using a drug if they're not causing anyone else any harm.

I'm all for decriminalization of all but the most extreme and/or toxic of drugs, like heroin and meth, for starters. But there must be a ebb and flow approach to tackling the drug problem in this country, not just making it all legal. There is a severe lack of substance abuse rehabilitation programs in Alaska, for example.

I don't know about other states, but the primary problem in Alaska is alcohol; just walk down any street in Anchorage and you're bound to see a drunk or two staggering or passed out along the side of the road or in an alley. The political solution to the problem up here is to simply tax it all, which I don't 100% agree with, in that it only shaves the tip of the iceberg above the water, while the real problem lies below the surface.

If they choose to legalize any drug, then they are giving an "okay" to substance abuse and must provide recovery solutions for that problem. As of right now, I don't see that happening. In fact, I see a lot of federal funding being cut to rehabilitation programs right now. Simply legalizing pot isn't going to stop people from becoming addicted to it, since recreational marijuana, like medical marijuana, is still a drug after all.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 09:51:51 PM »

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 04:01:46 PM »

Nice video.,  I would have went with this personally.

Small | Large
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Retail stores for weed in Colorado- « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.