Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:49:14 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  80s horror movie - aliens + possession « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 80s horror movie - aliens + possession  (Read 6930 times)
pierre
New Visitor

« on: January 20, 2014, 01:13:43 PM »

Hi!

I'm trying to remember the name of a horror movie my older brother made me watch somewhere in the late 80s (or I maybe I just watched it by accident).

The plot involves people being possessed by an alien entity of sorts - I think it moved between people - there's also a scene with lots of burrowing underground, ie something tunnelling under the ground really quickly so the road surface bulges up. There might have been pink lightning too, although I could be wrong - it was about 30 years ago after all :-)

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 01:45:23 PM »

This matches up, in many ways, with Tobe Hooper's remake of INVADERS FROM MARS (86) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091276/?ref_=nv_sr_1
pierre
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 03:25:25 PM »

Thanks, I'll "investigate", brb.
pierre
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 05:36:34 AM »

Although Invaders from Mars looked like it had all the right elements, can you recall any other movies with alien possession + something tunnelling underground? The film I'm thinking of felt like it was set in LA, and the action happened during the day. I'll ask my brother if he's seen Invaders of Mars though, thanks!
Snesman64
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 10:14:31 AM »

This might not be a helpful reply but I do remember seeing a film on TV with similar elements, though instead of possession it involved aliens putting mind control probes into people's spinal chords.  The aliens are these giant fourlegged elephant-things with demonic faces instead of trunks.  The main character was a young boy, and one of the villains was his possessed teacher.  There's a spectacular scene when she's commanding the aliens to go after him and one of them knocks her into another aliens mouth and for whatever reason it devours her instead of, you know, spitting her out.

There's a scene when two guys get sucked underground Graboid-style by something under the sand.  They later come back as alien possessies.

I don;t know the name of this movie but I have previously (as in, years ago) asked about it on this site and gotten the name.  If any of this sounds familiar we could put our heads together and find out more.

"Cotton candy is made from people!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 11:10:07 AM »

Is this perhaps the late 80s TV series SOMETHING IS OUT THERE? I think there were tunneling aliens in that.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 11:55:42 AM »

Now that you mention it, Something is Out There is a very strong cadidate.  The alien possesses people, burrows in one scene, and there is a lot of smoke and lighting effects when it reveals its "true" form.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
pierre
New Visitor

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 12:22:09 PM »

Oh my goodness, I'll investigate thanks!
pierre
New Visitor

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 01:04:29 PM »

The movie version (according to the Wikipedia entry, the 18 episodes were edited down into a tv-only movie) is in Youtube: I watched it, but couldn't find any burrowing - it looks like it's probably correct though! I'm trying to track down the entire series - but the plot device of having an alien that moves between people is what scared me when I was a kid, omg.
Bushma

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 06:30:23 PM »

Maybe The Tommyknockers ?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tommyknockers_(miniseries)

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
VenomX73

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 10:42:15 PM »

I was thinking The Tommyknockers as well.

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
dick rambone
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 09:14:42 PM »

I don't remember any roads bulging up in it but this sounds a lot like Inseminoid aka horror planet to me. It's an alien movie that takes place in tunnels, check it out.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  80s horror movie - aliens + possession « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.