Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:10:44 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Pot « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Author Topic: Pot  (Read 26579 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

Pot
« on: February 07, 2014, 06:51:21 PM »

aka grass-ganja-weed-dope-mary jane-whatever you wanna call it-I just call it Pot-its gettin legal-I would like to know if you smoke it-and  your opinion on its legalization.
Myself-In my life-Ive smoked so much pot its crazy.
I quit for a long time. Lately I been smoking it-alot-. I Like pot. I think It should be legal everywhere.Booze is legal-and POT is not? Wha?  Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 06:55:23 PM »

Sorry, I've always hated pot.  I can't stand the smell.  It's illegal here in Portland and people still do it all the time.  And the cops do nothing.  Yeah, alcohol is worse and I don't really do that either.  Just an old stick-in-the-mud fuddyduddy I guess.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 07:01:22 PM »

I don't do any intoxicants.  Period.  Ever.
That being said, alcohol kills WAY more people than all illegal drugs combined.
I have become a very reluctant advocate for legalization.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 07:01:47 PM »

Sorry, I've always hated pot.  I can't stand the smell.  It's illegal here in Portland and people still do it all the time.  And the cops do nothing.  Yeah, alcohol is worse and I don't really do that either.  Just an old stick-in-the-mud fuddyduddy I guess.
There aint a damn thing wrong with being an old "fuddy duddy".
I was born in 1962-I cant stand new music for the most-but Im an addictive personality--now-s**t like Ecstasy,meth,or any other drug-I dont f**k with any other drugs. I did LSD in the 70's and 80's,cocaine,opium,herion,qualudes,mescaline,methadone,moriphine,mushrooms....I did em all. I drink whiskey and smoke pot now.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 07:03:24 PM »

I agree with you 100% Indy. I actually think they should make booze harder to get than pot!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 07:08:44 PM »

The war on pot has been a waste of money and human lives for decades-its time for it to STOP!
Throwing decent folks in jail for smoking a joint is insane-all-and I do mean ALL of the politictions since this country started have had get togethers that involved f**king BOOZE!
 This country is a BOOZE and cigarettes country-and they slam POT? Horse s**t.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 11:24:51 PM »

Angry BELA!  Angry!   BounceGiggle 

So now you're smokin' weed?  Who knew bourbon was a gateway drug?   TeddyR   Drink  Hey, lots of us lived (and I mean lived) through the '70s and '80s.  Heroin?  Yuck.  I knew lots of people who had been were etc, etc, yuck.  I knew a girl I loved and heroin killed her.  However, I get you.  I kind of had a moment where two friends of mine tonight saw no tragedy just disgust with PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN.   They had no experience with drug addiction.  I spoke up but shut my mouth with the hostile reception 'cause his death is damned f**king sordid.  He was a father of three, but I can't defend him.   Bluesad 

Back on topic:  You want weed?  Grow it.   TeddyR

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 11:37:19 PM »

I like to see it use for medical use first.

yeah no.
claws
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 01:33:57 AM »

I don't do drugs or alcohol, though I did try both when I was younger.
Personally (this isn't an attack) I feel sorry for people who feel the need to "enhance" their life with pot, or alcohol.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 09:13:39 AM »

It made sense in a way, sociologically, to ban it because it was foreign. It's part of the culture to an extent now though.

Also, more to the point, prohibition hasn't worked. By making it illegal they were supposed to make it hard to get and unaffordable, neither of which it achieved at all.

I don't smoke it.
Flangepart

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 09:45:01 AM »

Never done pot, have no desire to. I drink, but only when I'm at home for the day, or going to be somewhere long enough to loose the buzz.

I fear people who can't control dangerous objects when they're 'sober' as it is...when the brain is addled by booze or drugs...well, there is a good reason I'm a paranoid behind the wheel...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 12:50:12 PM »

As one who has lost relatives to both alcohol and drugs, I wish that neither of them had ever come into existence.  My father was also a drug\alcohol addict and it cost him his family. So while the balance of power tips in the direction of the ones who want it, I can only hope that there exists some understanding for those of us who have good reason  to not want it, esp. if it's affected our families.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 02:37:06 PM »

My experience with pot: loved it when I was a teenager. I very briefly fell into a group of stoners who smoked everyday and didn't like it at all. Just started feeling lethargic and a little "dopey" all the time; completely lost the fun. I returned to smoking it somewhere between once a week and once every two or three months through my twenties; never has any problem putting it down. Then I stopped for years simply because none of my friends smoked. Tried it again in my thirties, and apparently something in my brain chemistry had changed. Just couldn't get really high anymore; I felt slightly intoxicated but it was not much fun.

Overall I think that pot's no big deal. I understand there are some people who have an issue with it, but I think the verdict is in that it's a lot less damaging/debilitating than alcohol or most other drugs. If alcohol and pot were both discovered tomorrow and a panel of scientists had to pick one to be the social intoxicant of choice, I have no doubt weed would win.

I think it has close to zero value as medicine. That seems like a gigantic scam.

As far as drug control policy goes, I like the Portuguese decriminalization model. Possession of drugs for personal use is an administrative offense, not a criminal offense. Offenders can be fined, put on probation or enter drug treatment free of charge. They will NOT be thrown into prison. Sale of narcotics remains illegal like everywhere else. This seems to me like a well-balanced policy that is more humane to drug users but doesn't go so far as legalization.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Javakoala
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 03:12:06 PM »

I'm in favor of legalizing it and then taxing the snot out of it, booze, and cigarettes so that they are obtainable, but not every day items.

Of course, I believe that we should bill the cigarette companies for all the health-related issues that come from smoking. My tax dollars shouldn't help care for people who make stupid choices when they have had clear evidence for decades that it can destroy your health.

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 04:04:20 PM »

Never used it.

I don't dink alcohol (can't stand the taste) and I've been around smokers enough to know that's not for me either.  But the tax on them can help pay for things so if its legalized for that reason I can understand.

Like anything,  it's a risk vs reward situation.  I'm sure there will be some negative consequences to legal marijuana. Any substance can be dangerous if taken in excess, even water.  And there may be some others we just won't know about until they happen.  The question is will they out way the benefits of sin tax and non-violent offenders not going to jail.

I suppose if it where legal everywhere, I might try it.  But until then, I'm staying clean.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Pot « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.