Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:34:24 PM
714348 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Pot « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Pot  (Read 27198 times)
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2014, 12:58:07 PM »

I've pumped a widish range of legal, illegal, and semi-legal stuff into my system over the years, and none of it stuck (oustide of coffee).  Its a good buzz, less fattening than booze (minus the munchies), but its still not my thing.   I worry about legalization and how some people (kids mostly) will latch onto it.

Legalizing in my mind is complicated. Its an "easy" high and I think that it feeds addictive personalities due to  its "natural" and "herbal" and "medicinal" properties.  So in that way I think its more addictive as people think its "clean" and more wholesome than other highs.  And yes it is addictive, you can't see a "wake and bake" user and not see that.  BUT we don't need to be spending billions busting people with it either.  Its not the evil drug of Reefer Madness, but it's not harmless neither.

I lived in the Netherlands, and the approach was interesting, yes it was legal, but there was a sort of social stigma associated with using it (analogous to maybe going to nudie bars here).  You never saw professionals in the pot shops, or grannies or anything like that. 

-Ed

Yeah I would actually say I'm anti-legalization despite being a pot smoker. It isn't the same for everyone that's what people don't realize it is genuinely damaging to some people especially if you have undiagnosed conditions. The addictiveness of it also depends on the person as it's more psychologically addictive than chemically addictive, *personally* everyone I know has stopped with no problem at all, suddenly, after being heavy users - the worst symptom being mild boredom. I've stopped after long periods of smoking tobacco as well with practically no issues so it could just be me, legalising is best done how NL have done it though plus yeah I think it's worth mentioning NLs social approach to recreational drugs in general - their youth is a lot more clued about the dangers than in the UK for example (2-MMC being a classic example of people NOT researching a drug, which is far from harmless).

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2014, 06:18:24 AM »

or grannies or anything like that. 

My Mom visited several pot shops when she was in Amsterdam three years ago...  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2018, 02:05:50 AM »

4 and change years later I had some pot brownies that my sister's bf (potential brother in law?) made. My sister doesn't like edibles because of how hard the high hits. I can see where she's coming from. Being high for that long was strange, though it's more likely that I'm not used to being high and feeling my body ripple is a foreign experience.
I'm for legalizing it, if only to bankrupt privately owned prisons. New Orleans still has pot being illegal, but it's not on a high (pun not intended) priority as much as finding murderers or preventing a brawl. Case in point was that nearly two months ago I went to a big gayfest with some friends and bought some edibles. There were cops nearby and saw me buy some and didn't care. Same thing about the police at the music fest I attended over the weekend. There were people bringing in pot through security and smoking it at the venues, and the cops didn't care because of the priority.

yeah no.
claws
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2018, 02:24:03 AM »

I'm not even surprised how many people at work smoke pot and do other drugs and also admit it. Seems like more people do drugs these days than back in the day when I would occasionally smoke a joint in hiding  BounceGiggle

I guess times have changed and people are more open about it. Most I know even seem proud doing drugs. Kind of like vegans who tell everyone they are vegan even though you don't want to know.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 02:26:24 AM by claws » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2018, 03:16:04 AM »

Why did this old thread come back?
As long as it did-
Yeah-I still smoke pot. More than ever, actually!
Oh-I was never a Vegan.
Oh yeah- I been smoking pot since 1977.
I'm smoking pot right now.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 03:20:50 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2018, 03:26:31 AM »

I'm not even surprised how many people at work smoke pot and do other drugs and also admit it. Seems like more people do drugs these days than back in the day when I would occasionally smoke a joint in hiding  BounceGiggle

I guess times have changed and people are more open about it. Most I know even seem proud doing drugs. Kind of like vegans who tell everyone they are vegan even though you don't want to know.
Times have changed. Vegan? WTF is a Vegan?
I know what a Vegan is- but I still ask-What the f**k is a vegan? And why?

Times have changed? How old are you? Maybe in your late 30's?
Times have changed? You gotta be kidding me.
Not a damn thing has changed. Only balance of power..
Folks been smokin pot a long time. Let them be.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 03:39:17 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2018, 03:50:24 AM »

So! After all this fun debate-!
I like pot,myself.  Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2018, 04:30:19 AM »

I remember when I was due to finish my contract back in 2010, the thing I was looking forward to the most was that I was going to have a huge joint, then they asked me to extend to 22 years and that put that idea out the window. Not sure why I wanted to have one since they'd had so little effect on me when I was younger. Maybe it was just the thought of having the freedom again to be able to do something like that, rather than the act itself. After all, you do give up a lot of personal freedoms to be in this job. Now, I don't think it would matter to me if I left, I doubt I'd feel an urge to go smoke one anymore. I don't have any issues with anyone that does though in their private time though and want's to smoke it (although equally I'd take issue with someone smoking it and doing a safety critical job for example).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2018, 04:37:20 AM »

If pot ruins lives why does Michael Phelps have 8 gold medals? Question

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
claws
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2018, 04:52:36 AM »

I'm not even surprised how many people at work smoke pot and do other drugs and also admit it. Seems like more people do drugs these days than back in the day when I would occasionally smoke a joint in hiding  BounceGiggle

Times have changed. Vegan? WTF is a Vegan?
I know what a Vegan is- but I still ask-What the f**k is a vegan? And why?

Times have changed? How old are you? Maybe in your late 30's?
Times have changed? You gotta be kidding me.
Not a damn thing has changed. Only balance of power..
Folks been smokin pot a long time. Let them be.

I'm aware that folks been smoking pot a long time. What I meant was that where I grew up people would do drugs more secretly, in private and were kind of hush about it. No idea about other places but this was my experience from where I lived back then.
I usually get new people (temps) at work assigned to me and I have to show them what to do. More than often some will tell me after a couple of hours that they can't wait to get home to chill and smoke pot or do other drugs. Even though they barely know me, they mention this casually. This wasn't the same years ago. People wouldn't boast about their drug habit to strangers, at least not in my neck of the woods.
Laws regarding drugs are strict here in Germany. People think they get a free pass doing pot for own use but in reality they don't. Even if cops catch you with a small amount you can still get into trouble with the law.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 03:11:48 AM by claws » Logged
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2018, 09:11:39 PM »

We're entering a phase in which we'll learn some real science about what CBDs are good for and what they aren't.

Marijuana demonstrably harms younger brains, and there's no good reason for a kid (<22 years of age) to use it.   None.  The harms outweigh the benefits, we know this already.

What the benefits may be, in appropriate patients, remains to be seen.

The rest is marketing and greed, and fake news.  :)

- Zapranoth the family doctor
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2018, 10:07:15 PM »

TeddyR

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2018, 10:51:52 PM »

We can not justify banning marijuana while alcohol amd tobacco remain legal.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Bushma

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2019, 05:46:56 PM »

I've tried it before and it's not something I care for. I've had some bad reactions with it, maybe it was laced with something, I'm not sure. I know people that use it regularly, because it's legal in Oregon.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
316zombie
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2019, 08:31:57 PM »

you might be allergic, bushma. several family members are.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Pot « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.