Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:10:05 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Hello bad movie junkies, I have a question for you all « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Hello bad movie junkies, I have a question for you all  (Read 13399 times)
DrSimonCowell
Dedicated Viewer

« on: February 17, 2014, 03:13:55 PM »

Hello. all you crazy bad movie junkies who get highs from watching ridiculously pathetic movies.  But I know then terrible films aren't your only form of enjoyment.  I am sure some of you enjoy the theater (not the movie theater, mind you) and going to the arena to watch your favorite sports teams trash the visitors.  Well my question focuses on a form of entertainment some or all of you might have seen:  Stand Up Comics.

You know, those men and women who go on stage and tell things in a very humorous way to make us laugh (or try to.)

I would love to know who your favorite stand up comics are.

Mine?  Well lets just say two of my all time favorites are dead now.  One blew his brains out and the other died of old age.  You got it. Richard Jeni and George Carlin.  I have gone to a few of Carlin's shows and 2 of Jeni's shows.  I tell you. George was a stand up master.  I just loved his routine called Stupid things we say.  That one was all about expressions we say which sounded stupid like "The greatest thing since sliced bread" or "Tell us in your own words."

Alicobarus Nerocosassy.  There you go, I have said something in my own words.  Your turn!  LOL!!!

But in all serious, tell me about your favorite stand up comics as well as your favorite routines of theirs and what they talk about in them.

That is all, bad movie junkies.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 03:39:13 PM »

Hello, Wyrewizard!!!

The funniest stand-up guy I ever saw was named Scott Jones.  He never made it big, as far as I know, but he put me on the floor holding my sides in hysteria for an hour and a half one memorable evening around 1988 or so.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 04:04:16 PM »

Not stand up comedy but this is funny:

Internet Bridge Troll

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
DrSimonCowell
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 04:14:42 PM »

Hello, Wyrewizard!!!

The funniest stand-up guy I ever saw was named Scott Jones.  He never made it big, as far as I know, but he put me on the floor holding my sides in hysteria for an hour and a half one memorable evening around 1988 or so.

Indiana, Indiana, Indiana, I am not WyreWizard.

I guess that is why I have never heard of Scott Jones.  What show did you see him on?  Star Search?
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 04:46:22 PM »

George Carlin is still my all time favorite stand-up comic. Damn, I miss that guy. Wish I'd had a chance to see him in person.

Denis Leary's No Cure For Cancer is another long time favorite stand up album. I can quote that thing chapter and verse.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 04:53:01 PM »

Aw, come on, "Simon".  We figured you out with your first post!

But in answer to your comment about Scott Jones, he came to my college campus and performed for the student body.
He had a large rubber toy named "Sucker Man" that he incorporated into his act, and a slide show tour of America that I giggle
when I think about to this day.

We also got to hear Judy Tenuta (Tenuda? not sure on spelling) on our campus the next year.  She is one funny lady.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
DrSimonCowell
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 06:01:16 PM »

Aw, come on, "Simon".  We figured you out with your first post!

But in answer to your comment about Scott Jones, he came to my college campus and performed for the student body.
He had a large rubber toy named "Sucker Man" that he incorporated into his act, and a slide show tour of America that I giggle
when I think about to this day.

We also got to hear Judy Tenuta (Tenuda? not sure on spelling) on our campus the next year.  She is one funny lady.

Ah!  Judy Tenuta, author of the Power of Judyism.  I can't remember what show I saw her on.  But in that show, I remember she played an according and called up 2 women to join her on stage.
Javakoala
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 09:40:42 PM »

Not stand up comedy but this is funny:

Internet Bridge Troll

I liked that. And it was WAY better than anything Scarlet Frye ever did.  BounceGiggle
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 09:55:55 PM »

I have a soft spot for this Jimmy "Dynomite" Walker album I used to listen to in college

Jimmie Walker: Dyn-o-mite - The Ghetto Small | Large

It's not great but a lot of fun

"I'm glad slavery is over. Otherwise, I'd be out in a field picking dacron or polyster or something"
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 09:59:48 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 07:35:11 PM »

Bill Hicks
Bill Hicks on Marketing Small | Large

Mitch Hedberg
Mitch Hedberg - 5 minutes special Small | Large

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 11:47:35 AM »

George Carlin is still my all time favorite stand-up comic. Damn, I miss that guy. Wish I'd had a chance to see him in person.

Denis Leary's No Cure For Cancer is another long time favorite stand up album. I can quote that thing chapter and verse.

I got to see George Carlin live many years ago and I laughed so hard my head felt like it was 'gonna explode! He was a real one-time deal, that guy!
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 05:10:33 PM »

Haven't been in contact with many american Standup-Comedians, but the ones that I watched and liked were Eddie Murphy and Pablo Francisco.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 09:10:14 PM »

Dom Irrera is underrated.
Dom Irrera - How to Speak Italian Small | Large

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Bushma

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 09:57:49 PM »

Heyya Doc!  Long time no post. Glad to see you made it back.

currently i think my big two are Jeff Dunham and John Pinette.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 10:16:55 PM »

A couple funny parts from EDDIE MURPHY RAW (NSFW):
Eddie Murphy - Raw (Italians & Rocky) Small | Large

Eddie Murphy Raw Cosby Pryor Small | Large

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Hello bad movie junkies, I have a question for you all « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.