Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:37:02 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Girl on a bike.... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Girl on a bike....  (Read 7058 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« on: February 17, 2014, 06:37:13 PM »

okay, I've only seen one scene from this movie and it went like this:

a teenage girl  is riding a bike on her own in the countryside and comes to what looks like a little grassy clearing. she either gets off her bike or kind of 'falls' off it (but not in a crash kind of way), and for the next couple of minutes all we see is this girl having what looks like some kind of hallucination or gradually increasing panic attack of some kind, with the camera occasionally panning to the surrounding grassy area. (she doesn't flip out or anything, it's like a 'calm' panic attack if that makes sense?). This scene is really tense but hard to explain why. It's possible there is some kind of bad thing (killer/monster - although it didn't feel like a 'monster' film at all) nearby, except in the scene we don't see or hear it. But you get the impression something not nice is about to happen.

there was no dialog or music (I don't think so anyway) in the scene at all. only other thing I remember is there are possibly occasional cut-aways during this scene to another girl in a different location who is possibly the first girl's sister, or friend.

the movie is in colour and I would guess to be dated between 1975 and 1985. (edit, on 2nd thoughts it could maybe be a bit earlier 70s or even late 60s?)

I was amazed when someone got my last movie ID which I thought would be impossible so maybe someone knows this??!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 08:14:32 PM by zombie #1 » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Javakoala
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 09:32:53 PM »

And Soon The Darkness is what I'm thinking. Here is the IMDb link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065398
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 09:37:56 PM »

okay.... this is a movie I have heard of but don't think I've seen. the synopsis/plot looks very promising, but I would need to see the actual scene again to know if it's actually right. I can't remember what the girl even looked like.

the entire thing is on youtube so I'll investigate and get back to you, thanks!

Javakoala
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 09:48:48 PM »

okay.... this is a movie I have heard of but don't think I've seen. the synopsis/plot looks very promising, but I would need to see the actual scene again to know if it's actually right. I can't remember what the girl even looked like.

the entire thing is on youtube so I'll investigate and get back to you, thanks!

It fits the time frame. And I believe there was a scene where one of the girls is in a clearing. You are given the very clear impression she is being watched, but you never actually see anything. I remember it creeping me out when I saw it ages ago. Now I want to watch it again.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 10:11:16 PM »

yeah, it's this.  Thumbup 25-29 minutes in is the scene I was on about

brilliant thanks, this was going to bug me forever, haha... liking the film too, it is creepy

Javakoala
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 12:49:02 AM »

Awesome! Glad I could help.   Cheers
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 08:10:27 AM »

- just noticed there was a 2010 remake...think I'lll skip that one lol

Javakoala
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 08:56:25 PM »

Yeah, I saw that when searching for the original. I thought, "Maybe I ought to...nah, skip it." It looks like a typical remake with pretty, pretty people and no soul.
beyondbaffled
New Visitor

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 10:32:28 PM »

Omg, I love the movie And Soon the Darkness!  I don't know what type of genre lover this makes me?  Weird, offbeat, sort of B-rated horror or something else entirely?  I too am afraid to watch the remake for fear of disappointment.  This movie is how I fell in love with Pamela Franklin and stumbled on some other interesting movies like The Innocents 1961, The Nanny 1965, and The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie 1969.  I'm so glad that I found this site!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Girl on a bike.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.