Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:59:16 AM
713328 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  America 3000 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: America 3000  (Read 2721 times)
JollyRott3n
Dedicated Viewer

« on: February 21, 2014, 11:32:35 AM »

Released in 1986 Directed by David Engelbach
Starring Chuck Wagner, Laurene Landon, William Wallace.

What do you get when you dump a small budget into the biggest hair and hottest amazon women you can find, and fly them all to an Iraqi desert with some horses, crossbows, a Sasquatch named Arrg the Awful, and a boom box that blasts pure 80s hard rock in a dystopian future? You get America 3000. This movie is gold. This is the kind of trashy drive-in classic I love.

"Nine hundred years after the Great Nuke. The world man created, he destroyed. Out of the darkness and ignorance of the radioactive rubble emerged a new order..." "...and the world was woggos." (in old speak that means - Crazy!)

Humans are back to primitive tribal gathering and barely anyone knows how to read. It's come down to men vs women, and the women keep men for pets. A captive man becomes a toy, or a seeder. The future language is sometimes a bit much, but it's not hard to understand. If you're good, you're 'hot plastic'. If you're dead you're 'cold'. No one is sure who the prezeedent is anymore, but everyone's sure that he or she wears a gold suit and a motorcycle helmet. No one knows what a 'Reagan' is.

Chuck Wagner plays Korvis, leader of the men, who's on a mission to rescue his fellow low-hangers from the clutches of the cultish female camp. He comes face to face with the sexy Laurene Landon, who plays Venu, leader of the amazons. They fight it out until Korvis scores an interesting advantage, and that's as much as I'll say without getting past the twenty minute mark. Basically we're talking big, big hair, plenty of wit, and good pacing that avoids getting slow like so many 80s movies. This is definitely recommended.

This is from my blog, but I can't post links yet I guess.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 12:14:27 PM »

Sounds familiar, I probably saw it a long time ago.  I see it's on Youtube in magnificent 240p, maybe I'll give it a watch tonight  Thumbup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 01:00:24 PM »

It's now available in a 4-move DVD set with Eliminators, Arena, and the Time Guardian.  Great stuff in that mix!

I have a soft spot for this one, and I don't know why.  It's absolutely terrible, but as low-budget after-the-apocalypse films go the premise and acting are all OK with me.  Korvis finding the bunker of the President of the United States, then taking up that title for some power struggle silliness is fun.

Starring Laurie Landon (from Hundra)!

There's also a huge battle at the end, which is pretty impressive for a movie of this sort.  Good 80's after-the-apocalypse cheese.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JollyRott3n
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 01:56:33 PM »

um....where is the button to edit my post?  Question
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 02:34:19 PM »

That option only becomes available once you have more than 100 posts.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 04:26:48 PM »

Starring Laurie Landon (from Hundra)!

Also from "Maniac Cop!"

I've never seen "America 3000" but from what I've read about it on this site and elsewhere, it looks like my kinda meat.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
JollyRott3n
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 08:25:48 PM »

That option only becomes available once you have more than 100 posts.
that is the dumbest s**t I've ever heard. I just wanted to post my better, revised review. that is really friggin lame.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 08:30:19 PM »

First of all, it's probably not a good idea to start off on the site by calling the Admin "lame".
Second, we have issues with spammers.
Third, I liked your review.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 10:08:26 PM »

It's now available in a 4-move DVD set with Eliminators, Arena, and the Time Guardian.  Great stuff in that mix!
I own this 4 pack but have only watched Arena and half of the Time Guardian. Based on this thread I might have to watch this one this weekend.
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 09:24:30 PM »

I remember watching this movie I think 87 or 88 on HBO I kinda like it. It was great to see Chuck Automan Wagner on the screen again.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  America 3000 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.