Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:15:54 AM
714211 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Pennsylvania couple avoid jail over profane, racist responses in jury form. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pennsylvania couple avoid jail over profane, racist responses in jury form.  (Read 2564 times)
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm a Mac...

« on: February 21, 2014, 10:55:56 PM »

God.  Stupid.  Burns.

SCRANTON, Pa. (AP) — A northeastern Pennsylvania couple have been cited for contempt of court for sending back a jury questionnaire filled with profanity, crude language and racial slurs.

A Lackawanna County judge cited 25-year-old Tina Keller and 23-year-old Drayke Jacobs-Van-Tol. That landed the Taylor couple a court date Tuesday. Judge Vito Geroulo dismissed the contempt citation but warned that the pair could have spent up to six months in jail for what he called the most "intentionally disrespectful" jury form he'd ever seen.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 11:45:37 PM »

To quote John Wayne: "Life is hard.  It's harder when you're stupid."

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 07:21:27 AM »

You can get 6 months in jail for filling out a form incorrectly?  One hell of a country we live in.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 09:15:02 AM »

You can get 6 months in jail for filling out a form incorrectly?  One hell of a country we live in.

That's OK, I hear you get ten years if you don't fill it out in triplicate.....
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 09:39:18 AM »

Contempt of court. The idea is that they were deliberately filling out the form falsely and offensively so they would not be selected for jury duty. There are easier ways to go about it. "The trick is to say you're prejudiced against all races."--Homer Simpson

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 01:21:08 PM »

When I first moved to Phoenix, AZ from my hometown of Juneau, AK, I was still registered as a resident of Alaska. One day I got a postcard requesting my presence for jury duty in Juneau. So I filled out the questionnaire truthfully and mailed it back. The last question on the postcard was "How far do you live from the courthouse?" I wrote 3000 miles.

They didn't call me up for jury duty.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 01:28:12 PM »

Contempt of court. The idea is that they were deliberately filling out the form falsely and offensively so they would not be selected for jury duty. There are easier ways to go about it. "The trick is to say you're prejudiced against all races."--Homer Simpson

I remember when my twin sister was filling out one and,under religion,put "Druid".....I guess they were too confused to pick her. TeddyR

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Pennsylvania couple avoid jail over profane, racist responses in jury form. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.