Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:08:00 PM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Godzilla (2014) Official Main Trailer « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Godzilla (2014) Official Main Trailer  (Read 50955 times)
VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2014, 01:14:15 PM »

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
major jay

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2014, 01:29:15 PM »

f**k Joe Dante-I got issues with that guy.

Haha, but don't let us hangin', please tell us why.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2014, 01:33:18 PM »

f**k Joe Dante-I got issues with that guy.

Haha, but don't let us hangin', please tell us why.
I dont wanna get into it-hes a shmuck.
Hes a two faced self centered a***ole who ragged FJA-and Calvin Beck-and now hes a wanna be leftover-f**k hm.
I know I aint s**t- but the guy is way too self important.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 01:37:39 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2014, 01:39:46 PM »

And dont get me started on Micheal (PSYCHOTRONIC magazine) Weldon! That lousy hippie cock sucker.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2014, 03:00:50 PM »

Come on, Ronnie, quit being coy.  Tell us what you REALLY think!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
VenomX73

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2014, 07:28:52 PM »

I just found out my Girlfriend is on call that weekend... she's wants to see it with me - asked me to wait.

So I have to wait 2 more weeks.  Saturday 24th.

I may just run up and watch it once before hand like I did with Evil Dead - and play dumb the 2nd time.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 07:31:24 PM by VenomX73 » Logged

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2014, 08:28:43 AM »

You know, I'm starting to wonder that since this is influenced by the original if they'll end it on a very sympathetic note. Also, there's a lot of internet chatter that Godzilla resembles a bear. Not that that's a bad thing, and his roar does look similar to a Grizzlies.

The only thing I have an issue with is the way that Godzilla's jaws are kind of drawn in on the sides, like he has hollow cheeks, as this makes the nose very prominent and gives him some sort of look that's hard to describe. But on the plus side, the look is very faithful to the original creature, and that's a good thing for sure.
major jay

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2014, 11:20:02 AM »

Early reviews are in and it seems some don't like the slow reveal of Godzilla. Personally, I love this kind of tactic. For me, the best part of ALIEN, Jaws and the original GODZILLA were the build up to seeing the monster. Hopefully this flick does it just as well.
Others are b***hing about the acting and dialogue. I can't lie, I'm a little concerned about that.
But I also remember the bad reviews for films like CADDYSHACK and VACATION, and wonder what the f**k were they thinking? 

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2014, 02:13:29 PM »

Early reviews are in and it seems some don't like the slow reveal of Godzilla. Personally, I love this kind of tactic. For me, the best part of ALIEN, Jaws and the original GODZILLA were the build up to seeing the monster. Hopefully this flick does it just as well.

It worked very well in Cloverfield also...the small glimpses of the monster from a few different angles and then the money shot where you finally see the creature from head to toe was well worth the price of admission alone (the arm and leg for a small soda and popcorn not included)   Wink

Others are b***hing about the acting and dialogue. I can't lie, I'm a little concerned about that.
But I also remember the bad reviews for films like CADDYSHACK and VACATION, and wonder what the f**k were they thinking? 

Bad dialogue? Geez, I can think of a million movies with bad dialogue that were still good, just not right now, for some reason... Question
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2014, 07:05:25 PM »

Now I REALLY wanna see it-'cept I live in the boonies the the closest movie house is 10 miles up the road....and it dosent play new movies until 6 months later-if were lucky.

I like the knew look-but what was mentioned earlier-with the hollowed cheeks-he looks like a dog I usta have-a beagle. Owwwwr!
But I really wanna see it. And the acting-its a Godzilla movie-I dont care about the acting.  Smile

If the dialouge is bad-that just makes it better.  Cheers
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 07:07:32 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2014, 08:18:35 PM »

They're complaining about bad acting and dialogue in a Godzilla movie? 

What's next? Are they going to start complaining that the movie has a giant lizard stepping on things? 
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2014, 08:20:47 PM »

Yeah it's not exactly going to trigger some philisophical debate about the art of cinema, not that I don't crave that it's just... there's a big beastie, it destroys stuff, things explode, bryan cranston utters epic diatribes and statements... that's going to be fun

Bushma

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2014, 09:00:26 PM »

I just got back from watching this with my daughter aand I have to say it was REALLY good.  I enjoyed almost the entire film and it was a huge improvement from that 1998 piece of crap. The only thing negative I have to say is that the Japanese are right, Godzilla is fat. He was Americanized alright, he's slower and just looks middle aged. Other than that a very enjoyable film that I will recommend.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Godzilla (2014) Official Main Trailer « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.