Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:25:00 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  My Interview w/ Actor Crispin Glover « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My Interview w/ Actor Crispin Glover  (Read 5929 times)
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« on: February 25, 2014, 11:37:38 PM »

You know him, you love him, he was in Back to the Future, Friday the 13th 4, and The River's Edge...

As much as you might want him to be the oddball that we all know him as, truth is he's just a super nice, intelligent, fascinating dude (but, definitely a bit on the quirky side).

Check it out:  http://influxmagazine.com/an-interview-with-actor-crispin-glover/

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 03:51:46 AM »

As weird as he's always portrayed, I've always found Crispin Glover to be highly intelligent and grounded. That is, not crazy at all.

However, the things he is interested in are not what most people care about. He's got his own purview. If that makes him "weird" to most people, so be it. But I've always found him eminently sensible.

That being said, my tagline next to my profile is taken from Rubin & Ed, so there you go.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 09:49:20 AM »

I'm impressed. How did you land an interview with Glover? I need to get him on my site.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
JayJayM12
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 11:11:27 AM »

As weird as he's always portrayed, I've always found Crispin Glover to be highly intelligent and grounded. That is, not crazy at all.

However, the things he is interested in are not what most people care about. He's got his own purview. If that makes him "weird" to most people, so be it. But I've always found him eminently sensible.

That being said, my tagline next to my profile is taken from Rubin & Ed, so there you go.

That's exactly it.  I'm not going to lie, I was kind of expecting the weird side, which would have been fine, but he was just a genuine guy all around.

I'm impressed. How did you land an interview with Glover? I need to get him on my site.

Thanks!  To be honest, it was just his PR people contacting me since he's currently doing press for his new film (The Bag Man).  I saw the new film, and it was enjoyable, but I honestly didn't have that much to ask about it.  Generally, on these 'press tours', the PR people will request that we talk mostly about the film (understandable - they are there to promote), but Crispin was gracious enough to let me talk about subjects that fascinate me a bit more.  As long as I kept it interesting, he seemed into it.  He granted me much more time than is usually given on these type of things - the interview, as posted, was really only about half of our time after editing...

Rev - I have no personal way to get in touch with Glover, but I can certainly get you in contact with the PR reps for the new flick and they might be able to set something up.  My interviews are about 50/50 split as far as me reaching out to them and them reaching out to me, so I don't always have a direct way to contact them (not that I'd be able to give that out anyway  TeddyR), but let me know if you wanna chat with the PR peeps...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 12:49:07 PM »

Thanks!  To be honest, it was just his PR people contacting me since he's currently doing press for his new film (The Bag Man).  I saw the new film, and it was enjoyable, but I honestly didn't have that much to ask about it.  Generally, on these 'press tours', the PR people will request that we talk mostly about the film (understandable - they are there to promote), but Crispin was gracious enough to let me talk about subjects that fascinate me a bit more.  As long as I kept it interesting, he seemed into it.  He granted me much more time than is usually given on these type of things - the interview, as posted, was really only about half of our time after editing...

Rev - I have no personal way to get in touch with Glover, but I can certainly get you in contact with the PR reps for the new flick and they might be able to set something up.  My interviews are about 50/50 split as far as me reaching out to them and them reaching out to me, so I don't always have a direct way to contact them (not that I'd be able to give that out anyway  TeddyR), but let me know if you wanna chat with the PR peeps...

PM'd you.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 08:43:37 AM »

You know him, you love him, he was in Back to the Future, Friday the 13th 4, and The River's Edge...

As much as you might want him to be the oddball that we all know him as, truth is he's just a super nice, intelligent, fascinating dude (but, definitely a bit on the quirky side).

Check it out:  http://influxmagazine.com/an-interview-with-actor-crispin-glover/

Nice review: when I finished, I noticed you have an interview with an uncle of mine on that page. Uncle Uwe Boll, btw.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
major jay
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 08:52:06 AM »

Nice interview JayJay. Keep up the good work. Thumbup

JayJayM12
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 08:36:02 AM »

Thanks guys!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  My Interview w/ Actor Crispin Glover « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.