Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:27:14 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Unintended Consiquences : Or, "oops, haden't thought a' that. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Unintended Consiquences : Or, "oops, haden't thought a' that.  (Read 8282 times)
Flangepart
« on: May 06, 2002, 11:06:03 AM »

"Phasers on stun." How many times have we heard that line? Lots, for sure,but...uh...have you ever concitered what a problim that could be? A stun beam is intened to interfear with the volentary nervious system of a living being, in such a way as to render them harmless to the shooter, without killing them. One problim....i don't buy it. Reason? Anistseologist have to carefully moniter a paticents breathing, blood pressure, and such, to prevent a seditive (Sed-agive?) from causing a  paticent's death. And thats because of the fine line that must be reached to do the job. They don't do that with phasers. Differing biology,unfamilure nervious systems, or even humans with unexpected medical conditions, could turn a stun shot into a kill shot. In short, the unintened resault could be a death. Or, as in last nights "Enterprise", no resault on the tentacle thingy snatching the captain. In fact....what about Batman? Hits a thug with a thinner then average skull, and "Oops, sorry! My bad!". It could happen! So....what things that are accepted "Dogma" or "Technobabble" or whatever, have made you wonder...."That shoulden't work like that, because..."
AndyC
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2002, 12:04:01 PM »

Always thought those little laser (or whatever) hair trimmers and shavers that appeared a couple of times on TNG could do some serious damage if they weren't properly adjusted. Getting nicked by a blade is annoying, but slipping with an energy beam could cost you an ear.
John Morgan
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2002, 12:16:05 PM »

Geek Mode On:

The Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual indicates that the stun setting is designed for an average humanoid of standard build.  It could kill a weaker species or a sick individual.  I'll have to look up the information as to the exact information, but according to the guys that wrote the Technical manual, a phase could kill on stun.

Geek Mode Off:

A modern Stun Gun could kill a individual as well.  Hit a guy with a heart condition or a pacemaker with one of those and it could kill him.  Even a rubber bullet could kill if it hits in the right place.
Drezzy
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2002, 03:36:12 PM »

I never quite got why zombies have a craving for human flesh...
Cullen
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2002, 04:33:00 PM »

"I never quite got why zombies have a craving for human flesh..."

Cause it tastes great, that's why.

What?
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2002, 05:03:43 PM »

Two great lines from some commercials for Sci-Fi Channel's "Prey Week"

"Humans, the other white meat"

"Humans are about to find out they taste like chicken"
Mofo Rising
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2002, 05:10:22 PM »

Zombies crave brains because it's the only thing that alleviates the pain of being dead.  At least according to RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD.  Maybe they just need to replenish their neurotransmitters the ugly (but delicious) way.

As for UC:OOHT'aT, as I like to abbreviate it, I noticed it while watching the preview for CLOCKSTOPPERS.  In the movie they have a device that "stops time" and allows them to move freely.  Looked at another way, it just makes them move really, really fast.  About halfway through the preview my brain spoke up.

"Wait a minute, wouldn't the friction involved burn them alive?"  You know, like the space shuttle re-entering the atmosphere.  Not to mention the energy levels required to get something moving that fast.

I guess that's why I don't make the big bucks.
Cullen
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2002, 05:38:40 PM »

"Humans are about to find out they taste like chicken"

Actually, they taste like pig.

At least, that's what I heard.

What?

All this comes from a lifetime of horror movies/literature.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry, some days.
Frannie
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2002, 07:31:57 PM »

Do chickens walk around saying stuff tastes like human?
Newt
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2002, 09:30:07 PM »

Paul Theroux wrote in his book The Happy Isles of Oceania:

"It was a theory of mine that former cannibals of Oceania now feasted on Spam because Spam came the nearest to approximating the porky taste of human flesh. 'Long pig' as they called a cooked human in much of Melanesia. It was a fact that the people-eaters of the Pacific had all evolved, or perhaps degenerated, into Spam-eaters. And in the absence of Spam they settle for corned beef, which also had a corpsy flavor."
Cullen
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2002, 09:40:27 PM »

Cracked me up.
J.R.
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2002, 11:33:21 PM »

Actually, I've always had a morbid curiosity about cannibalism, and it's raised these conundrums:

Do cannibals describe various meats as tasting "like human,"?

Are young children considred akin to veal?

If a cannibal says he/she ate Chinese, does he/she mean it literally?

If you were in a desperate situation and had to eat someone, how weird would it be to have nothing left but the genitals?

Do infant cannibals eat strained or mushed flesh?
yaddo42
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2002, 05:24:30 AM »

I always wondered about the radiation poisoning from the nuke explosions in "The Peacemaker" and "Broken Arrow". I know the second one was under ground, but if the heroes could get out of range that easily, and float downstream, couldn't the fallout seap into the water also.
Lee
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2002, 09:08:59 AM »

J.R. Seek help.
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2002, 10:47:46 AM »

Do chickens walk around saying stuff tastes like human?

What did the first person to eat chicken say it tasted like?
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Unintended Consiquences : Or, "oops, haden't thought a' that. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.