Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:59:44 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Unintended Consiquences : Or, "oops, haden't thought a' that. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Unintended Consiquences : Or, "oops, haden't thought a' that.  (Read 8281 times)
Lee
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2002, 01:09:39 PM »

My head hurts.
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2002, 01:13:37 PM »

My head hurts.

Show no sign of weakness or injury....or you're the next guest of honor* at the feast...

*entree
Future Blob
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2002, 03:00:33 PM »

Mr. Wendigo says, "Good drink, good meat, good God let's eat!"
Akira Tubo
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2002, 04:54:35 PM »

Star Trek is full of BS like that.

I hate ST with a vengeance and cut it absolutely NO slack.
Flangepart
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2002, 05:44:06 PM »

Heh...theres a subject they never touched in ST/TNG! Would a Klingon Cannibal say that humans taste just like Romulin? And, if a Bajoran  did eat a Cardassian, would that be cannabalisism, or what? They come from different worlds, but they are intelligant species, so would that change the definition?  How would the Feds deal with a planet where they exchanged diplomats, and ate same as a sign of cultural acceptance? As per phasers, they'd be the perfect anti-zombie tool. Unless...as in return of the L.D., they became "Breathable", if you get my drift. Dang...now i'm hungey!
J.R.
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2002, 06:45:26 PM »

Another big gap in Trek's science is that they call divisions of space quadrants. A quadrant is a division of four, yet I've heard them refer to way more than delta.
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2002, 06:51:52 PM »

The first four letters of the greek alphabet are: Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta.  I don't  recall them ever mentioning any others.
J.R.
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2002, 01:27:53 AM »

Still, space is infinite, and Trek never claimed to have explored all of space, so how could they divide infinity into four pieces?
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2002, 08:25:54 AM »

I don't think it was the universe in quadrants, just the galaxy.

With a few notable exceptions, they didn't have much dealing with things outside the Milky Way; not in any sense where they had mapped it out and divided it into sections
AndyC
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2002, 10:00:02 AM »

Just remembered something else that struck me as funny on Star Trek - the transporter.

It would seem to me that converting a human body into energy would result in a pretty damn big explosion. Look at what the incomplete conversion of a few ounces of matter did to Hiroshima. Six crewmen, weighing an average of, say, 170 pounds would seem like a hell of a lot of energy to contain, much less transmit. The transporter beam itself should be enough to make the phasers look like a tickle ray.

The other thing about the transporters that always bugged me - how do they know they're getting the same people on the other end? How do they know it's not killing the original person and assembling a duplicate somewhere else? I suppose there were a couple of episodes that suggested people could remain conscious while converted to energy, and even talk to one another, but how is that supposed to work?
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2002, 10:37:51 AM »

One thing to keep in mind in Star Trek is that the science doesn't matter.  It's kinda like "ok here are the general rules for the technology, take it at face value and let's move on to the story"  Most of the stories are about the people in the situations; not the science involved.

Contrast this to a story like "The Stars Like Dust" by Asimov, (or many of his) where the science is central to the the story and the plot and is usually as accuarate as was known at the tim eof the writing.
AndyC
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2002, 01:08:23 PM »

I think we're all aware of that. I think the whole point of this thread is to more closely examine the things we take at face value....or to discuss cannibalism.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2002, 02:09:57 PM »

AndyC wrote:
>
> I think we're all aware of that. I think the whole
> point of this thread is to more closely examine the things we
> take at face value....or to discuss cannibalism.

I know.  Far too many of us take cannibalism at it's face value.

I mean a delicacy like long pig cheeks is currenlty going for almost $25/lb.  (Rimshot.)
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2002, 02:48:57 PM »

>long pig cheeks

Is that 'rump roast' ?

Or..something else?
Flangepart
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2002, 02:58:10 PM »

Dag, how am i to take this......i wanted to see if anyone else had been thinkin' bout contridictions and connundrums that the producers/writers hadden' concitered....how did we all (Mie culpa) get off on the long pig thing? Should i be flattered at the lingth of the response list? ( Size does matter). Or, is it just lunch time where you freaks are posting? (Glad i keep Kosher). Doth i speak freak geek? Ah, so, but not in Greek, for to seek in Greek a freak geek is reach a peak...of which i dare not speak.  I'm sorry....time to dine while reading the Tech manual agine........
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Unintended Consiquences : Or, "oops, haden't thought a' that. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.