Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:33:08 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who were the first people you got real close to on BAD MOVIES.org? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Who were the first people you got real close to on BAD MOVIES.org?  (Read 9926 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 10:12:13 PM »

Newt who Id honestly consider a big sister.  AHD who's eccentric nature is enlightening and brings life to the forum.  Andrew of course who is a true gentleman.  Circus who is my brother from another mother.  My platonic life partner Doggett.  JJ80 whos wit is beyond measure. AndyC who is a fellow critic of all things annoying.  The always kind Trevor. And the wise OLD owl himself Jack who I relate to on many levels.  

Ah hell theres too many to list...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 10:16:11 PM by Mr. DS » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 12:11:40 AM »

It was a tough transition for me when I first started coming here after Scifilm's forum was discontinued. I missed and still greatly miss a number of folks who posted there (many of whom still remain really good friends, I also have a number of friends from the IMDB boards who started posting  at Scifilm after IMDB lost its appeal). Some regular/semi-regular BMO posters did regularly visit Scifilm too though including Andrew, Andrew Kidd,  Gerry (who was webmaster at Scifilm), boyscoutkevin, and Menard (who actually invited me over here too). I do wonder whatever happened to IronWolfe and Andrew Kidd in particular. Of course, AHD being here was pretty cool even if we did have a few disagreements over certain stuff at times at Scifilm where perhaps I took things a bit too seriously at times. Was very happy to see him here and he remains one of favourite people on this board. Also Andrew was very welcoming.

Not sure if I can really say I'm overly close to anyone on this board but I have enjoyed interacting with many posters here. Trevor is a sweetheart. ulthar I consider super cool. Raffine and RC stun me at times with their knowledge. umaril knows his stuff too.  Newt, Jack, Doggett, Circus all have been very cool to me. VenomX, bob and Happy Gilmore feel like my wrestling buddies and are all tops with me. Also really enjoy reading stuff from Darksider, Ash, retrorussell and Trekgeezer. Miss Shadow, KillerBees and GWD. Lots of great posters here (some seem to come and go and some like Cheezeflix and Susan are greatly missed by many) and a really friendly, fun atmosphere overall is what keeps me around and coming back.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 01:04:29 AM »

I like the community and you all are all pretty cool guys and girls, but I don't think I'm particularity close to anyone here. 
claws
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 02:39:00 AM »

I'm not really close to anyone here but I always enjoy coming here  Cheers
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 09:25:58 AM »

I'd have to say, not really close, but appreciative of the group and your imaginations. And Andrew for starting this place, and having the ca-hones to be a full time marine.
Stay weird, people! Twirling

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 01:47:24 PM »

My first buddy was Trek, whom I miss dearly and hope he is doing well.  Ash and RC were later additions whom I feel close to (and worry the hell about). Trevor is the only person who is privy to my "real" life.   Rev Powell is a joyful nemesis and I always apprecaite his input. And Andrew is a saint in camo.

Others I greatly respect are Indy, retrorssel, and Paquita.  Manard is worth a laugh when he deigns to appear, and his anti troll abilities are second to none. 
Frankly theres not a one of yez whom I don't like and love hearing from.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 04:09:28 PM »

Trevor.

He is there in South Africa, and I am here in the U.S., and that is as near as I want to get to him. Till such time as he starts to change his underwear on a daily basis.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 05:53:20 PM »

Trevor.
I wouldn't say I'm *real close* to anyone but I'm fond of Jack, Mr. Vindictive, AHD, & HappyGilmore; and in general this is a good group of people.  Cheers

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2014, 08:37:37 PM »

Hmmm.  I guess my early friendships on here were with Cheezeflix and All Hallows Day . . . and you, Ronnie!
If we all got together and participated in violent sports, IndianaSmith is the guy I'd ask to hold my wallet.  There is no member I trust more.  

It was MENARD who brought me here...  
As though there aren't enough reasons for the peasants to be revolting (and they are truly revolting  Wink ) you have to blame that on me.  TongueOut
I seem to recall that when I had an 800 number at my disposal we chatted a few times.  No?  I know your real name!  I know your real name!   Smile

Trevor.
I wouldn't say I'm *real close* to anyone but I'm fond of Jack, Mr. Vindictive, AHD, & HappyGilmore; and in general this is a good group of people.  Cheers
I enjoy ChaosTheory because of his wicked sense of humor and he is kind to cite me.  And HappyGilmore has great taste in music.  

Oh!  I like VenomX73 (whose name and membership changes too often) but I know he's here in NJ. 

Several members are lucky enough to cite Andrew as a friend.  I wish I could, but I think he tolerates me.  A lot.  I will always admire him and look up to him.  He is my internet hero.  

I'm blessed, and cursed, with a long memory.  
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 08:48:43 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2014, 12:57:20 AM »

And-of course-Trevor-who is very  near and dear to my heart and beloved by all.

Hugs, BrotherR  Cheers

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2014, 12:58:39 AM »

Real close to? First?  Must have been Doggett.  Then Trevor.  Or maybe the other way 'round.  Seems to me they have always been there so it is hard for me to tell.  Several others I consider friends (they know who they are, I hope) since then but I am pretty sure those two were the first.

As much as I love Brother Doggett, I would quite willingly battle him for the fair Maiden Newt's hand.  Smile

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2014, 12:59:52 AM »

Everyone loves Trevor!  Wink

I have realized that since I joined and it makes me appreciate myself as I don't really love myself at all.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2014, 01:01:45 AM »

Trevor, ah, Trevor. I've said so many very mean things and he always comes out laughing.

Question

When have you ever said anything mean about me? Funny things, yes but mean: not even close.  Smile

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2014, 01:05:36 AM »

However, we must ALL feel very close to Trevor because we know intimate details about his undies.

Considering the icky state of those garments, I am lucky that anyone is as close to me as they are.  Buggedout TeddyR

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2014, 01:07:22 AM »

....except for the occasional troll...

I see no need to drag me into this conversation.  Twirling

It was MENARD who brought me here... 

As though there aren't enough reasons for the peasants to be revolting (and they are truly revolting  Wink ) you have to blame that on me.  TongueOut

Dr Menard was one of the first people here to say welcome to me: that's why I try and include him in most of my reviews.  TeddyR

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who were the first people you got real close to on BAD MOVIES.org? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.