Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:23:22 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Movies that influenced your dreams? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Movies that influenced your dreams?  (Read 3858 times)
Robot Ears
Dedicated Viewer

I am Error

« on: March 03, 2014, 03:50:29 PM »

Thought people might know what I mean.

Any movies give you a memorable dream or nightmare that you still remember and could explain why it was significant? haha. Might be a long shot for some. Just last night I had a totall Night Of The Creeps rip-off of a dream. There was the same slugs from that movie causing chaos in my town with in the dream. Even driving my car I saw a bunch of chaos due to the Alien slugs. I remember when I arrived home in the dream I ran to get my sister she she had been infected already. I had to barricade myself in another room where the Alien slugs kept breaking in to the room some how leaving me tormented. Okay so the dream was so not the horror comedy that Night Of The Creeps is. But some how it effected my dreams. haha. The subconcious works in mysterious ways.

Any movies or film concepts literally affect or influence your dreams? If so what movie and why?

Cheers
ChaosTheory
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 06:02:25 PM »

SHAME  Wink
It doesn't happen much now, but when I was a little kid I was definitely susceptible to stuff like that. Even just the cover art for movies like the ELM STREET and F13 series, and ALICE SWEET ALICE I definitely remember gave me nightmares.

THe first time I saw Dreyer's VAMPYR, I thought I *was* dreaming.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 08:16:04 PM »

Odd this thread comes up, I watched American Psycho the other night and had a dream I was part of Patrick Bateman's inner circle of cool friends. Or something like that anyhow. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 08:30:26 PM »

After watching "zombie" movies like DAWN OF THE DEAD I had zombie nightmares.  Repeatedly.  Only have them NOW that I'm older, not when I first saw all those scary pictures! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Robot Ears
Dedicated Viewer

I am Error

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 09:24:22 PM »

After watching "zombie" movies like DAWN OF THE DEAD I had zombie nightmares.  Repeatedly.  Only have them NOW that I'm older, not when I first saw all those scary pictures! 

Haha. I once had a crazy zombie dream that was realistic and kind of styled similarly to the 28 days later movie. Those kind of zombies that were fast and ruthless. I just remember running for my life in the dream with chaos and fires on the road and stuff. haha. SMH
dean

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 11:24:31 PM »

Did an essay on Vampire myth at University once which meant I was obligated to empty my local video store of every vampire related DVD they had.  I had weird vampire related dreams for a week.

I once had a dream that I was hanging out with Freddy Krueger at a cheap department store.  We were generally just hanging about the menswear section chatting and everynow and then he would murder someone then keep talking to me.

Last week after the news about Harold Ramis I had a dream that I was a Ghostbuster.  The only twist was the ghost trap thing was used on us instead of a ghost which turned us into batteries.  We used our new disguise to roll away sneakily from whatever it was that was hunting us.  I dunno about that one.  Just odd.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 05:11:40 AM »

House of Psychotic Women/Blue Eyes of the Broken Doll used to give me nightmares due to its depiction of gouged-out eyeballs.  Bleargh!

I used to have a lot of dreams about Michael Meyers from the Halloween films.  Not always scary dreams.  One involving him being "rehabilitated" by a psychiatrist (not Loomis), and the doctor having a grand presentation in front of an audience showing just how far his progress came.  Didn't go so well..

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
claws
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 06:47:37 AM »

Watching The Last Man on Earth as a kid gave me terrible nightmares. My mom told me I woke her up several times screaming like a banshee in my sleep.

Oh, and watching Jaws as a kid not only influenced my dreams, I was also afraid to go into deep waters for many years.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:50:34 AM by claws » Logged
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 02:56:11 PM »

PREDATOR...I had recurring nightmares of being hunted down by one as teenager.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 08:18:53 AM »

The movies Horror Express, Baffled and Crowhaven Farm gave me nightmares a lot as a child.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 02:02:20 PM »

The computer absorbed woman in SUPERMAN III actually gave me nightmares too....

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Couchtr26

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 06:50:54 PM »

I believe I had nightmares about The Nightmare in Elm Street movies when I was about 5.  I know the first movie freaked me out pretty bad.  Mostly because I had trouble discerning reality from fantasy at the time.  I was receptive to things then. 

Basketcase gave me nightmares.  Like fleshy blobs coming out of bags and boxes and such. 

Ah, the good old days.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 06:56:33 AM »

After watching Star Wars i had a dream that the mall near me had a docking bay like the one the Millenium Falcon was sucked into on the Death Star.  People were just casually munching their pretzels and eat/drinking their Orange Julius' as they strolled past a docking bay full of space ships.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 08:03:39 AM »

You would think so-but no-never. My dreams are so weird-they make no sense at all. I mean-NO SENSE!
Its like Dali did acid.
Lately I been having bad dreams of people hurting my kids and I have to kill them...but its real weird-I try to escape with them threw weird mazes and buildings...?
But we dont have guns-we have-machetes?-or pipes-? or our hands shoot out rays?
Its weird.
Like a 70's Kung Fu movie.
So yeah-I guess my dreams are like a '70's Kung Fu movie.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 08:09:27 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 06:33:51 AM »

So yeah-I guess my dreams are like a '70's Kung Fu movie.

I see no problem here.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Movies that influenced your dreams? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.