Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:03:03 PM
713353 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  South Africa is a failed country...... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: South Africa is a failed country......  (Read 6779 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: March 06, 2014, 01:05:28 AM »

This quote makes me so  Hatred that I can barely take a breath:

www.channel24.co.za/TV/News/American-lawyer-calls-SA-a-failed-country-on-CNN-while-commenting-on-the-Oscar-Pistorius-case-20140305

All I have to say is - Dershowitz: Jou oumagrootjie se tottie se punt.  Hatred Hatred

« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:08:35 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 07:39:14 AM »

Maybe he got South African and Somalia mixed up.  Same continent, you know . . . . Lookingup

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 08:13:45 AM »

Maybe he got South African and Somalia mixed up.  Same continent, you know . . . . Lookingup

TeddyR Smile

Probably: either way, Dershowitz is an [expletive deleted] and I will not be translating what I wrote in Afrikaans.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 08:27:28 AM »

Maybe this is what he was thinking?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 08:52:53 AM »

BounceGiggle TeddyR TeddyR

Reminds me of that client I had here years ago who asked me if we have flush toilets here.  Question

My reply was "No, we just crap in a bucket and sling it out the window."  TongueOut Twirling Buggedout

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 03:17:26 PM »

Opposed only by the amount of African regulars with Russian rifles....
Javakoala
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 06:03:24 PM »

BounceGiggle TeddyR TeddyR

Reminds me of that client I had here years ago who asked me if we have flush toilets here.  Question

My reply was "No, we just crap in a bucket and sling it out the window."  TongueOut Twirling Buggedout

And don't forget about the koala races!   BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 06:46:52 PM »

Buggedout   DERSHOWITZ!!!!!!!!!!!   Why can't Americans stop suffering from Foot in Mouth disease?

Ah, the good old days.
Gst0395
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 06:59:37 PM »

It's unfair to call SA a failed country. I won't deny, it does have it's problems with crime, poverty and racial tension (especially against whites), but it's very well off compared to alot of countries out there, and has some really beautiful areas. Maybe the government just doesn't do as well as they should.

I don't know really, I've never been to SA. I've just read up on alot of the problems that occur there. Here's a map of so-called "failed states" around the world.

So SA is in orange which may seem quite severe, but so are countries like Mexico, India, China, Russia (all higher on the list than SA) and most of the countries shown on this map so it's pretty average, and better off than some Red countries in upper Africa and the Middle East. Western countries in Europe (labeled Yellow) seem to pretty well off, and Green places like Canada, Ireland and Australia are the most sustainable apparently.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 07:07:20 PM by Gst0395 » Logged
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 07:15:06 PM »

It's unfair to call SA a failed country. I won't deny, it does have it's problems with crime, poverty and racial tension (especially against whites), but it's very well off compared to alot of countries out there, and has some really beautiful areas. Maybe the government just doesn't do as well as they should.

I don't know really, I've never been to SA. I've just read up on alot of the problems that occur there. Here's a map of so-called "failed states" around the world.

So SA is in orange which may seem quite severe, but so are countries like Mexico, India, China, Russia (all higher on the list than SA) and most of the countries shown on this map so it's pretty average, and better off than some Red countries in upper Africa and the Middle East. Western countries in Europe (labeled Yellow) seem to pretty well off, and Green places like Canada, Ireland and Australia are the most sustainable apparently.

On my second trip to Italy a couple of the girls in my group were from South Africa and they encouraged all of us to come visit South Africa some time.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 02:35:15 AM »

And don't forget about the koala races!   BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

TeddyR TeddyR

I remember that: Koala racing, in Hillbrow  Buggedout come naked.

Good luck with that.  Wink

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 02:36:44 AM »

I see my birth country (Zimbabwe, the former Rhodesia, north of South Africa) is in red: that is not good.  Thumbdown
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:48:25 AM by Trevor » Logged

Gst0395
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 10:26:11 AM »

Yeah, I heard Zimbabwe has not been good in recent times. It's probably due to a dictating government and civil unrest.

And I know this may be unrelated Trevor, but how are things down there in SA? I often hear stories about violence and racial tension, but I can't judge if it's truly like that since I've never been?
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 11:40:11 AM »

TeddyR Smile

Probably: either way, Dershowitz is an [expletive deleted] and I will not be translating what I wrote in Afrikaans.

Oh yes, Mr. Dershowitz....  I'll throw in some German for you too. 
Dershowitz ist eine Dummkopf. Er ist ein schwanzgesteuert Versager. 

That's enough for now, I'll save some for the next time  BounceGiggle
Flangepart

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 01:08:30 PM »

The world is mad. And each madhouse looks out it's windows and screams 'J'Accuse!" at all the others. Is it a wonder I expect mankind, not to save it's self?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  South Africa is a failed country...... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.