Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:44:31 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that promised closure « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Movies that promised closure  (Read 5431 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« on: March 07, 2014, 03:13:45 PM »

a flip on chainsaw midget's thread.

movies that pretty much did away with any notion of a sequel, then carried on anyway

an obvious one is how Friday 13th declared the end twice

Part 4 'The Final Chapter' (erm, nope)

Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (nope again)

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 03:24:45 PM »

Highlander.  The whole purpose of the movie is that In the End there can be only one, and in the end, there was.  Then they continued it.  Then there was only ONE five more times or so. 
Couchtr26

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 03:25:21 PM »

Every Jaws after the first one.  Jaws shark is dead and then we get three more sequels.  

On that same note, wasn't Godzilla 1985 more or less an end.  Then I guess there was a reboot but then didn't we have Godzilla Final Wars?  

Ah, the good old days.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 10:46:57 PM »

While the movie really didn't provide closure, the set up for Jeepers Creepers was so that it didn't create a franchise.  I remember hearing that because the creature is only active for a month every 23 years, this was intended to be a one and done movie.  Didn't stop the first sequel and a third has been in production limbo ever since.

Personally, I want to see it continue as a franchise.  Not really because I liked the movies that much, but I want to Jeepers Creepers 6 where the Creeper wakes up and finds that he has to conduct his hunt in a world of laser pistols, flying battle mechs, and the advanced alien species that rules his half of the world.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 01:37:55 AM »

As terrible as the sequel was, I doubt they will ever make another!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 03:34:38 AM »

Well, maybe they didn't promise closure per se, but at the end of HALLOWEEN H20 (water?), Michael gets beheaded by his sister (Jamie Lee Curtis).  Looked pretty final, then they state that ol' Mikey switched clothes with a paramedic at the beginning of part 8.  LAME!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 08:01:54 AM »

Looked pretty final, then they state that ol' Mikey switched clothes with a paramedic at the beginning of part 8.  LAME!
yeah movies that have to make some convoluted backstory to justify another sequel. "but  actually this happened...". in other words treating the audience like idiots. (although half of them probably are, lol)

Every Jaws after the first one.  Jaws shark is dead and then we get three more sequels.  

Not sure what to make of Jaws here. I wish there'd only been one movie, but at the same time the prospect of 'another' shark is not too far fetched, I can sort of buy it. There's always plenty more fish in the sea (literally)

Couchtr26

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 02:17:38 PM »

Not sure what to make of Jaws here. I wish there'd only been one movie, but at the same time the prospect of 'another' shark is not too far fetched, I can sort of buy it. There's always plenty more fish in the sea (literally)
[/quote]

I can see your point but Jaws: The Revenge does imply either the same shark or some relation.  However, for those wishing to forget it, I can agree. 

Ah, the good old days.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 02:55:07 PM »

if Speilberg had made the trucker from Duel come back to chase Dennis Weaver again, then we'd be talking!

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 08:57:13 AM »

THE STING.  Why, oh why, was STING II necessary????

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 08:28:37 PM »

Was a Poseidon Adventure sequel really necessary? I think not....

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 09:01:13 PM »

I haven't seen The Sting and cant remember the ending of Poseidon Adventure so this may not apply, but just to be pedantic it's not about whether the subsequent movie/s were any good (or even 'necessary') it's about whether they should've been impossible given the ending and/or claims of the movie that preceded them.

ChaosTheory

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 02:09:19 PM »

I didn't have unanswered questions at the end of THE EXORCIST.

FINAL DESTINATION, although those sequels are so stupidly fun I can't really complain...

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 11:11:24 AM »

I haven't seen The Sting and cant remember the ending of Poseidon Adventure so this may not apply, but just to be pedantic it's not about whether the subsequent movie/s were any good (or even 'necessary') it's about whether they should've been impossible given the ending and/or claims of the movie that preceded them.

THE STING - A sequel would not have been impossible, just unlikely.  The ending of the original ties everything up in a neat bow and there's no hint of, "Hey, don't worry, we'll all be back for part 2!"

THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE - Again, a sequel would have been unlikely.  SPOILER ALERT!!!!!! Actually, at the end of the book the ship sinks.  At the end of the movie, the ship is still barely afloat.  In part 2, Michael Caine shows up to salvage the ship before it sinks.  Paul Gallico wrote both novels and he wrote an explanation at the beginning of the second one that it is a sequel to the movie, not a sequel to his original book. 

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 05:02:02 PM »

The Matrix: Neo has discovered that he is the One and has the power to rewrite the matrix code on a whim. The monolithic power of the machines is about to be broken, and a new age for man and machine is about to dawn.

Then we get The Matrix Reloaded, in which we find that the machines are not really a monolithic enemy, but a bunch of squabbling crime lords, and the "great change" is that Neo increased the rate of freeing humans from slavery from a dribble to a tiny stream.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that promised closure « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.