Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:40:13 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  MR. PEABODY AND SHERMAN « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MR. PEABODY AND SHERMAN  (Read 7725 times)
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« on: March 08, 2014, 12:28:40 PM »

This is Mr. Peabody and Sherman....

I have no idea what this is....

I've not seen it, have no plans to see it, I consider it an insult to a great, funny, witty piece of tv animation, and I don't really care what their target audience is supposed to be, this is crap!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:43:12 PM by alandhopewell » Logged

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
dick rambone
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 10:22:37 AM »

Agree 100%

Surprised these unoriginal lazy scumbags haven't tried to redo any of bakshi's stuff. I hate computer cartoon garbage.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 01:41:55 PM »

I guess I am alone in saying that I love Pixar stuff!!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ChaosTheory

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 02:03:37 PM »

MrP&S isn't Pixar though. It's Dreamworks - the studio responsible for the SHREK and MADAGASCAR franchises and - ugh - HAPPY FEET. 
I don't hate CG animation, in and of itself, but this flick looks like just about the laziest nostalgia cash-in ever.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 02:18:05 PM »

I guess I am alone in saying that I love Pixar stuff!!!!!

I love Pixar, and some of Dreamworks' stuff, and I really loved this....

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 02:37:24 PM »

I haven't even seen a preview of it.  I'll wait until I do to pass any judgement. 

Although frankly, I didn't think the original was that great anyway. 
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 03:09:17 PM »

I don't even fully understand who the target audiences of these types of franchise-reboots are.  I mean, you could go after the adults who used to watch these shows as children, but they are just going to be (understandably) upset about how changed it is.  And, the kids of today have never heard of Mr. Peabody and Sherman, or Yogi Bear, or Underdog, so it's not like they are dying to see it BECAUSE of name recognition.  It seems that they could save a lot of money on rights by just giving it another name.  I don't believe that anyone would even make the connection between this and the original cartoon were it not for the name...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Flangepart

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 05:46:59 PM »

Pretty well said. I don't even wanna THINK about the UNDERDOG travesty. Yeesh!
CGI works for me, as long as the story holds up, and for the most part, Pixar is still the best.
RANGO was a good flick. I'll say give it a go! Hope you like it.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 07:13:49 AM »

I never had any connection to the characters, let alone the Rocky and Bullwinkle-thing. But I might check it out at some point, because reviews that I read seem to be pretty positive overall.

tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 11:18:23 AM »

I really like the original cartoon. I don't think I'll bother with this remake....and why do they have to put in tacky/rude humor? Lookingup

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 03:45:02 PM »

Thanks for posting this. I wanted to comment, but I didn't know where to post it. Now, I do. It's pretty much what everbody else has said so far. Though I would add that it seems to have gotten some fairly good reviews from the critics, being rated as fresh on rottentomatoes.com, with a 77% approval rating. Which makes me wonder, the critics who like it, have they seen the original cartoon version? Of course, to be fair to the film, which I have no intention of seeing, having seen and liked the original cartoon version, I am basing my opinion on what I think is a crappy ad campaign, and a crappy ad campaign does not necessarily make for a crappy film.

And whence goes Dreamworks Animation, as this film is their newest film, as they seem to being going in the opposite direction of Disney Animation, which with their last three films seems to be on an upward Renaissance so far. Of course, whether this film is successful or not at the box office, it doesn't seem likely to stop Dreamworks Animation, which has 13 more films planned between this one and 2017. With 5 or about 38% being a sequel to a previous film of theirs.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  MR. PEABODY AND SHERMAN « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.