Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:52:45 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Josso's Weird Movie List « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Josso's Weird Movie List  (Read 17475 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 11:01:32 PM »

For sheer, unadulterated weirdness, I think HELLDRIVER, a Japanese zombie action flick,
is perhaps the single most bizarre, random, incomprehensible thing I have ever seen in my life.
ZOMBIE ASS: TOILET OF THE DEAD was weird, but HELLDRIVER just took weirdness to some strange
new levels.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 06:43:09 AM »

For sheer, unadulterated weirdness, I think HELLDRIVER, a Japanese zombie action flick,
is perhaps the single most bizarre, random, incomprehensible thing I have ever seen in my life.
ZOMBIE ASS: TOILET OF THE DEAD was weird, but HELLDRIVER just took weirdness to some strange
new levels.

Have you seen TOKYO GORE POLICE, Indy? That's the Japanese splatterpunk standard I use for comparison.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 09:14:33 PM »

TRANSCENDENCE (2014)
So, this was kind of underwhelming. I thought: right great cast, a script dr. forbin could relate to and some cool effects.. but for whatever reason I never felt that it ever really launched anywhere, the first half of the film seems way more interesting than when they build up the datacentre (which btw, is a silly idea to run on solar power, why no nuclear reactor?). It had some nice moments, good performances but I feel like it could have been 10x the film it was.. maybe the drama:sci-fi ratio was a bit off, still thoroughly enjoyable though just frustratingly mediocre at points.

Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 01:08:37 PM »

RADIO FREE ALBEMUTH (2014)
For fans of bizarre dystopian oddities this one is for you. A great concept that has dark undertones throughout but also has a lot of hope. I enjoyed it much more than the film above despite it being like 30x cheaper to make, this does make some of the effects a bit old school looking but I'll forgive them. At first I thought it was stylistically confused, once you have watched quite a few films you get used to common formulas and when you get thrown a curveball like this flick you are like "not sure if bad or best thing ever", in the end the casting was great, concept was great, dialogue was great.. it's just a shame they didn't have like 10mil instead of 3. I've seen concepts very similar to it but I think it has a unique vibe to it. Suspense, fear, hope, mindf**ks, paranoia... this is one I'll be rewatching.

edit: ok so it's a Philip K. Dick novel, maybe we can't forgive it's weird fx and cinematography (I forgot to mention that) as much as I thought
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 08:28:55 PM by Josso » Logged

Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 12:08:39 PM »

COHERENCE (2013)
This flick takes one room movies to a whole new level, whilst this has all the drama hallmarks of The Man From Earth with it's character development and interactions it has this amazingly dark sci-fi suspense of something like Primer. This is the kind of storyline it is easy to work twists into and boy do they exploit that. The meteor thing is kind of funny, it reminds you of a large chunk of 50s/60s b-movies but the concepts underneath that are actually pretty sound for the eagle eyed nerd. Watch this film.

Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2014, 06:00:52 PM »

LOVE (2011)
An intriguing introspective film with some trippy non-linear feeling structure and editing. I feel like it could have been up to the standards of Moon (2009) but missed the mark a bit. Quite a sad film, especially with the background storyline implications but worth watching. Not sure if I'd watch it again in a hurry though, 6.7/10

Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2014, 06:33:30 AM »

APOCALYPTIC (2014)
Ok so YES it is a found footage film, as if we needed more however if you are familiar with these type of cults in real life it makes the whole thing more believable. David Macrae and some others put in some fantastic performances. It's so dark that even you want to get out of there when you are watching, it sort of reminds me of watching undercover journalism in North Korea... you are constantly aware that people don't really want you there. The ideologies expressed I think were really interesting, overall a very creepy little flick this one. The ending I personally thought was a great twist, but other people I guess weren't so positive as they are now doing 5 alternate endings or something I heard.

Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2015, 08:52:33 PM »

SNOWPIERCER (2013)
I'm not entirely sure that I would call this primarily a weird movie because a lot of aspects of it are pretty conventional but it is an unusual concept. That's kinda what makes this film though imo, you've got these really nice action sequences like you would in a herpy big budget film with garbage dialogue.. but a great dystopian vibe to the whole thing, nice writing. The train thing is totally ridiculous if you think about it for more than 2 seconds but it's just a great setup for what they did with it, and you are prepared to actually believe it. Good cast, a solid 7.5/10 at least for me.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Josso's Weird Movie List « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.