Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:58:40 AM
714322 Posts in 53093 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What Do You Sell Online? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Do You Sell Online?  (Read 2942 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: March 12, 2014, 08:28:47 PM »

I know this has been brought up before on the forum but there are a lot of new faces on here.   Do you sell things online?   I'm one of those guys that yard sales/thrifts and re-sells items wherever I can.   My area of knowledge is around pop culture and toys but I branch out to whatever sells.   Lately I've been trying out coffee mugs and am doing ok with it.   They're cheap to buy and you can get a decent profit on some.

So how about you?   Do you sell stuff online?   If so where and what do you like to sell the most of?  What are some of the biggest sales you've had on a single item?

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 08:48:54 PM »

I sell Indian artifacts on EBay.  Not my personal finds - those go into my "relic room" and don't leave except when I display them at shows.  But I buy collections and split them up.  I remember one time I bought "Fourteen Pounds of Indian Rocks" for about $120 or so on EBay.  By the time I parceled that set out and sold them all, I got about $900 for them.  That was a good investment!

Since we're self-promoting, here's a link to my auctions!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/indianasmith1/m.html?item=151250890257&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 09:33:18 PM »

Awesome stuff Indy  Thumbup  You deal in fossils too correct?

For me the thrift stores and yard sales are the new treasure hunt.  The inventory rolls every day.

DarkSider's Realm

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 09:40:42 PM »

Some of my favorite flips include:

I paid a buck for a sealed He-Man figure that I thought was a reissue at a yard sale.  Turns out it was vintage, sold for $150.

I bought a sealed pair of Twilight dolls at a thrift store for anout ten bucks.  I was finally given a single reason to like the franchise when they sold for $225.

I picked up a vintage brass bathroom set for about three bucks at a thrift store.  Sold it off in pieces for a total of about $150.

I have more but Ill let others brag now.   Wink

DarkSider's Realm

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 10:23:47 PM »

Awesome stuff Indy  Thumbup  You deal in fossils too correct?

For me the thrift stores and yard sales are the new treasure hunt.  The inventory rolls every day.

Not extensively, but I do sell personally found fossils when I get too many on hand ( they are WAY more bulky than points! ).
Also odds and ends that I run across from time to time.
But mainly arrowheads and other artifacts.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 06:44:27 AM »

Nothing anymore.  I sold a bunch of comic books and a few old games a few years ago.  At one point, I purchased a collection of about 6,000 comics.  I kept the ones I wanted and sold all of the other stuff and the duplicates.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Javakoala
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 03:41:45 PM »

I had a brief run of selling stuff online.

I sold a out of print action figure from Xena. Went to great pains to notify the buyer when his payment was received, when the package was bundled and sent, and basically tried my best to make the whole thing as transparent as possible so he knew exactly what was happening and when.

The jackass gave me a crappy rating because I "hassled him with emails".

People in general suck.
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 03:42:16 PM »

Satisfaction...

Sorry always wanted to do that... I don't sell nuthin.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What Do You Sell Online? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.