Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:36:44 AM
714336 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Spy Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spy Movies  (Read 2895 times)
DrSimonCowell
Dedicated Viewer

« on: March 16, 2014, 12:37:49 PM »

Hello bad movie junkies.  I would like to talk a little something about I am sure you all have seen.  Movies with characters like James Bond and Jason Bourne.  Yes, that is right.  Espionage Films or Spy Movies.

You all probably know that spies go back over a thousand years in history.  I mean look at the story of Exodus in the Bible.  Moses' army had a double agent inside of Jericho.

But back to the subject of Spy Films.  Some of these films are unrealistic in the way they show the behavior and workings of a spy.  But I will not go into those now.  The purpose of a spy as you know is to smuggle enemy information to his or her superiors or sabotage enemy equipment.

James Bond was created by Iam Fleming.  I haven't read any of the original James Bond novels, but have seen a few Bond films (Dr. No, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger and Thunderball.)  Most of these films I just laugh at.  Because James is very unrealistic for a spy.  His behavior would draw the attention of the policing agencies of the countries he is spying in.

Jason Bourne was created by Robert Ludlum.  I never saw any of the Bourne films but have read all the novels.  For a spy who is an amnesiac, Jason is quite a resourceful and skilled man.  What I read suggests his amnesia did not wipe clean his training.  I once seen a karate expert who suffered amnesia after a car accident.  But yet, she was still very proficient at karate after her recovery.  Seems that muscles retain memory too.

Don Adams.  This actor has played spies in one TV series and many movies.  Of course, these are all comedy films.  Adams being a comedian himself.  Of course he has done more.

So tell me bad movie junkies, what are your favorite espionage films and which ones intrigue you the most?
Bushma
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 02:12:09 PM »

I think Shining Through while a love story is a great example of a spy movie.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
major jay

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 03:13:05 PM »

Hide your daughters and lock up your liquor cabinet. It's Eddie Constantine!

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 04:31:39 PM »

James Bond was created by Iam Fleming.  I haven't read any of the original James Bond novels, but have seen a few Bond films (Dr. No, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger and Thunderball.)  Most of these films I just laugh at.  Because James is very unrealistic for a spy.  His behavior would draw the attention of the policing agencies of the countries he is spying in.

The Bond books are much more "toned down" than the movies.  In the books, he does a lot more investigative work and a lot less escaping from traps and using over-the-top gadgets.

Some good spy movies that hardly ever get mentioned are THE SPY WHO CAME IN FROM THE COLD, THE QUILLER MEMORANDUM, and SCORPIO.

I'm also a fan of the (mostly European) James Bond rip-offs from the 1960s.  You can buy many of them from Something Weird Video and other online sources of obscure movies (mostly on DVD-R).  SECRET AGENT SUPER DRAGON (which has been on MST3K) is one of the most entertaining because it is so laughably bad.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 04:57:40 PM »

Spies Like Us is a personal favorite of mine. 
DrSimonCowell
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 07:06:33 AM »

Spies Like Us is a personal favorite of mine. 

Oh that spoof I had seen.  I found it rather hysterical.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 07:40:47 AM »

Hide your daughters and lock up your liquor cabinet. It's Eddie Constantine!

TeddyR TeddyR

I'll never forget him as the wimpy Mafioso guy in The Long Good Friday.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 05:30:04 PM »

If Looks Could Kill, Fred Dekker's love letter to the genre.
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 12:19:03 PM »

Our Man Flint and In Like Flint, starring James Coburn
Small | Large

Dean Martin's "Matt Helm" movies:
  • The Silencers
  • Murderers' Row
  • The Wrecking Crew
  • The Ambushers

Small | Large

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Spy Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.