Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:46:28 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm afraid my Grandmother doesn't have much longer. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm afraid my Grandmother doesn't have much longer.  (Read 3793 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 23, 2014, 09:21:14 PM »

Her back is really bad and she can't get around.  She's confused most of the time.  Recently, she's started seeing people who aren't there.  I don't think there's any way we can't put her in a home, and once that happens it won't be long before she goes.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 09:22:35 PM »

Sorry to hear.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 09:25:26 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that.  I remember visiting my grandmother once after she was put in a home.  

Once and only once.  She didn't know who me or my brother were.  She did recognize my dad though (her son) but there was just so much of what made her who she was that was just ... gone.  The last time I saw her, I made peace with the fact that it just wasn't the person any knew anymore.  

She actually did die a few years after that.  

I don't go to funerals either though.  I prefer my memories of people to be from when they were alive, not in a box.  
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 10:16:49 PM »

It's a point in life we all come to.
I only really got to know one of my grandmothers, she died of cancer when I was 28 and she was 77.
I was holding her hand when she passed.  It was the first time I ever watched another person die.
I was grieved, but I was also relieved for her sake to know that her agony had ended and she was at peace.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 01:57:43 AM »

Sorry to hear, Akiraturbo. 
It's tough but it definitely happens to all of us.  Almost all of my grandparents are gone (well, all my direct ones are; my stepmother's mom is still around).  Be strong and try to be upbeat in these tough times.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 02:42:04 AM »

Her back is really bad and she can't get around.  She's confused most of the time.  Recently, she's started seeing people who aren't there.  I don't think there's any way we can't put her in a home, and once that happens it won't be long before she goes.

Sending you warm hugs, Brother Akira.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 06:32:25 AM »

That sucks, man. I know how that feels. My mother is in a home right now. One day all of a sudden she was so confused she wanted to go left and she actually went right. I called an ambulance and the next day I heard that she went into a coma, because of brain bleeding (dunno the actual english term for that sry.). After she woke up it wasn't sure if she could ever breath on her own again, but she made it and is now living in a home nearby so I can visit her often.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 07:33:07 AM »

Sorry to hear that.  My grandmothers are long dead, but my mother is approaching that point. Her mind is not nearly as sharp as it used to be. Yesterday she offered to come to my "new" place to help me unpack. I've lived here two years.  Bluesad

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Flangepart

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 07:57:35 AM »

I feel for you, compadre.
My dad died suddenly one night from an aortic aneurysm, and mom went after three weeks in the hospital. No chance to say good by to dad, yet time to do so for mom.
Either way, it still hurts.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 12:05:46 PM »

Sorry to hear it.  My grandmother (my mother's mother) died young (age 60) and suddenly (heart attack at an airport).  It was my first experience with the death of someone very close to me and I'll never forget how awful I felt.  I never knew my father's mother because she died before I was born.  I'm sending positive thoughts your way.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 12:49:17 PM »

It's a point in life we all come to.
I only really got to know one of my grandmothers, she died of cancer when I was 28 and she was 77.
I was holding her hand when she passed.  It was the first time I ever watched another person die.
I was grieved, but I was also relieved for her sake to know that her agony had ended and she was at peace.

My grandmother was 78 when she passed in February of 2001 and I was 36 at the time.  She also had cancer, and watching her go downhill (at home and in the hospital) was hard, but not as hard as having that be the first funeral I ever attended, not to mention barely making it thru the funeral itself. 

And yes, I'd like to think that my grammy is in a better place too. Who knows, Indy maybe my grammy and yours are making apple pie for all the angels and the Saints in that big kitchen in the sky as we speak  Smile  Smile Smile

Big hug for you Akira. ( HUG) 
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm afraid my Grandmother doesn't have much longer. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.