Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:26:44 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Madea movies. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Madea movies.  (Read 3074 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: March 08, 2014, 09:58:39 AM »

ugh. I dont know-It's just-like watching Jerry Lewis say-"HEY LAAAADY! HEY LADDDY".
I-I just cant stand seeing this big man act like an old lady. It dont work-Why WHY???? is this guy so popular?

Madea.--its like  the tv show Happy Days-it gets real old real fast.

I dont know.
Who really thinks the Fonz going "AYYYY!" is funny?
Was this ever good?

Do the Fonzie Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 12:18:38 PM »

I'd have to agree....I saw DIARY OF A MAD BLACK WOMAN, and all I saw was this buffoon-in-a-dress tummling soul-food style, and I was embarrassed by the viewing. I feel the same way about THE BROWNS, and TYLER PERRY'S HOUSE OF PAYNE, although my wife loves them.

This is just silly, and silly is NOT funny.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 12:45:20 PM »

I consider myself lucky because I have never seen any of the Madea-Movies...but I saw Alex Cross and Tyler Perry just didn't work for me in that role.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 08:54:07 AM »

I've never seen a Madea movie (and I have no desire to see one).

As for HAPPY DAYS, the early episodes of the show were very good.  However, when they switched to doing it in front of a live audience, and they got away from 1950s & 60s fashions, hairstyles, and plots, the show became really stupid.  I have no idea how it survived for as long as it did.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 11:19:32 AM »

I can't stand Madea....barf! Thumbdown

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 06:43:56 PM »

I compare it to HAPPY DAYS-because its a parody-a very BAD parody-of a lifestyle-I dont hink Tyler Perrys aping of black culture and Happy Days recreation of an era is even close to real life-I can forgive Happy Days-because its TV s**t-but Tyler Perry TRIES to be relevant-but he's just too much of a shmuck. tv show is stupid and stero typical fluff garbage. I lie parodies-it their done well-these are not done even close to well-these are mindless crap. And not GOOD crap even! This is the equivilent of McDonalds fast food-shovel the masses s**t and they'll eat it crap.

OK-lets put it this way-Tyler Perry is a mo-mo-and he SUCKS!
I hate all his s**t!  hot

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 06:38:53 PM »

I have seen none of Tyler Perry's films. I have no interest in seeing any of Tyler Perry's films, but his films to recently have earned enough at the box office, that he's been able to do another one. That string may have ended with his last film "The Single Mom's Club," which, I have heard, bombed at the box office. That may be because it looks like he tried to do something different from what he did in the past, and that is often hard to do, when people expect you to do the same thing you did last time.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 07:13:05 PM »

I didn't really understand Madea Goes To Jail (2009). I guess that was what they refer to as a "dramedy", but it was very disjointed. Like in one scene the movie would be very funny, and then in the very next scene it would be very dramatic and weepy to the point of ridiculousness, so much so that I would often find myself wondering if I was supposed to be laughing at the crying scenes or not.

Granted, I loved seeing a grown-up Rudy from The Cosby Show (1980s) playing a rough, street-wise prostitute, and Sofia Vergara as a nutty, Jodi Arias-esque jailhouse inmate, and of course Tyler Perry himself as Madea, but they should have just kept to doing those scenes. Unless what I suspect was true, that Tyler Perry ran out of goofy material to make an entire comedy film early on, and had to resort to some kind of dramatic sub-plot about Rudy The Prostitute getting "saved" from the streets by her ex-boyfriend or whatever the hell that garbage was supposed to be about.

It was too disjointed a film to be a proper bad movie, and it was by no means a good one. Not even a good bad movie. In the end, just mediocre and "meh."

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 08:14:35 AM »

Never seen any Madea movies, or any of Tyler Perry's work in general.

I was somewhat interested in his turn as Alex Cross until the bad word of mouth killed it. At the very least, he looked right for the part. I've read a number of the Alex Cross books and the previous films with Morgan Freeman in the role didn't work for me either because he was too old for the character. In the novels Cross is middle aged, has a couple of young children, a sassy Grandma character who lives with them, etc. Tyler Perry was at least the right age to play Cross.

...hey, maybe if they every try another Alex Cross film, they can get someone else to play Alex and Perry can play Grandma.  BounceGiggle

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Madea movies. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.