Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:51:45 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  GWAR Frontman DAVE BROCKIE A.K.A. ODERUS URUNGUS Dead At 50 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GWAR Frontman DAVE BROCKIE A.K.A. ODERUS URUNGUS Dead At 50  (Read 5441 times)
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 24, 2014, 04:17:18 PM »

Sad news in the world of metal.      Bluesad
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gwar-frontman-dave-brockie-a-k-a-oderus-urungus-reportedly-dead-at-50/

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 05:36:35 PM »

Yeah, those guys were funny and raucous.  Cory Smoot is also no longer with us.  Rest in peace guys.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 07:13:47 PM »

I saw Gwar in 1989 here in Boston. We went to the show because it was all ages and we went to all those shows, had no idea what they were. We were shocked to see huge viking guys walking through the crowd to the stage and more shocked to see them hack the head off a dummy dressed as a redneck and fake blood fly all over us. We went to the show the next day and saw them again as their show got bigger and bigger. They were unique, there were no other bands do stage shows of that nature. They were never hip, always played it straight if of course campy w/ metal, hard rock, and hard core. very sad about this RIP Oderus
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 12:11:18 PM »

I saw Gwar in 1989 here in Boston. We went to the show because it was all ages and we went to all those shows, had no idea what they were. We were shocked to see huge viking guys walking through the crowd to the stage and more shocked to see them hack the head off a dummy dressed as a redneck and fake blood fly all over us. We went to the show the next day and saw them again as their show got bigger and bigger. They were unique, there were no other bands do stage shows of that nature. They were never hip, always played it straight if of course campy w/ metal, hard rock, and hard core. very sad about this RIP Oderus

I never got to see them. but I have a few of their old videos, like "Live In Antarttica" and a couple others, and I agree with everything you said- GWAR were truly unique and so bizarre that you just had to stray tuned to see what they were gonna' do next!  They definitely left their mark on the world of music, that's for sure!   

Rest in peace, head Scumdog, here's one for the long road home  Cheers
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 04:53:19 PM »

Such a bummer. GWAR's "America Must Be Destroyed" (1992) is one of my favorite 90s albums.

I always wanted to see them live but never got to it.  I did have a chance to back in college but I blew it. They played a club in Staten Island, NY where I went to school on Halloween night (is there a MORE perfect band to see on Halloween night?) circa 1991, but like an idiot I passed on it and went to a Halloween party on campus with some girl that I was hoping to hook up with. Nothing happened with her, so I obviously chose poorly, I should've gone to see GWAR dammit!!

I've been kicking myself for that decision for the past 20+ years... and now even more so!!

R.I.P. Oderus.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
VenomX73

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 07:45:34 PM »

RIP

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 04:01:59 PM »

Dam-I feel old-and lucky to be alive.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Void Mother
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 02:57:46 PM »

His passing was due a heroin overdose. He must have been "dabbling", as he didn't seem to have a history of substance abuse. That's according to fellow musicians anyhow... R.I.P.

And these hopeless lamentations of death.
The lonely ones walk silently in the hall of stars.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  GWAR Frontman DAVE BROCKIE A.K.A. ODERUS URUNGUS Dead At 50 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.