Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:29:15 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  The King Of Arcades « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The King Of Arcades  (Read 2716 times)
Umaril Has Returned
« on: March 25, 2014, 08:59:22 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2395228/

Here in New Jersey, my buddy Richie Knucklez is soon to release his documentary, "The King Of Arcades". It's a film about how he turned a small hole-in-the-wall in New Jersey into a major retro-gamers club and a venue for internationally recognized gaming events which attracted the best players from all over the U.S. and the world.
It also highlights his friendships with Billy Mitchell (former Donkey Kong champion) and Walter Day (founder of Twin Galaxies International Scoreboard).

More importantly, this documentary is a testament to how Richie single-handedly revived arcade culture. Had it not been for him, classic arcade machines would now be just a memory and a vague reference to the past. He's done more for classic arcade gaming than you could ever imagine. See this movie and believe, this is gonna' be BIG!

Also, Richie is the singer-songwriter for the New Jersey powerhouse Knuckle Sandwich. They have a new album, "Not So Nice" coming out very soon. Here's a clip of Richie fronting for the band...

Small | Large

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 01:57:24 PM »

Richie seems like a cool guy, full of energy and passion for the games.  And pretty nice in general.
Billy Mitchell seemed like such a douche in the documentaries I've seen but Richie said he's not really like that.  I don't get why people would portray themselves like that though.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 10:48:58 AM »

Richie seems like a cool guy, full of energy and passion for the games.  And pretty nice in general.
Billy Mitchell seemed like such a douche in the documentaries I've seen but Richie said he's not really like that.  I don't get why people would portray themselves like that though.

Hey RR, how's it going?   Cheers

Yeah, Richie is definitely a great guy, and you're hard pressed to find something to not like about him.

With Billy, I find him to be nice (from the many times I've met him) and it's no big secret that he's glib and superficially charming at times. Other times it seems as if he's being deliberately enigmatic in an effort to hide who he really is, a nice person.

Looking back, Mitchell's DK "kill screen" was never officially verified by anyone other than TG and the media, and I think that while Mitchell DID do it, the media rushed him into the spotlight and he became an overnight star, and with it he realized there's an image he has to uphold, so he plays it to the hilt because now it's too late to be anything different.

At night, I think Mitchell sleeps with a totally different person than he is in front of the camera and the spotlights, because there are times when we met him that he was completely different than his image of a villainous, opportunistic game champ.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 01:36:57 PM »

Interesting.
I've never cared enough to apply myself to be a world-beater at games or really anything in my life.  I just don't want or need the attention.  The methods these guys use to get a leg up on the competition/further their score is kind of interesting but I won't go out of my way to make it work for me.  There are games I'm good at and I'm happy enough to just be good.
Have you tried to make any world records yourself?

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  The King Of Arcades « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.