Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:03:24 PM
714227 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  HANGMAN (2015) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HANGMAN (2015)  (Read 1832 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: March 26, 2016, 08:40:14 AM »

Some movies are creepy because they capture a sense of supernatural dread that overpowers the viewer. (THE LAST SHIFT)
Some movies are creepy because they feature a monster or villain that works his way into our nightmares.  (JEEPERS CREEPERS)
And then some movies are creepy because they make you think:  "Holy crap, that could actually happen to me!"  Buggedout

HANGMAN is just that sort of movie.  A middle class couple come back from a family vacation to find that their home has been broken into while they were gone.  Not that big a deal, right?  It happens to thousands of people every year.

What they don't know is that this home invader has wired up their whole house with cameras.
And he is watching their every move, every day.
And he has built a small false wall in the far back corner of their attic.
And that he is living in their house.

This is what makes this film so scary:  This masked intruder is living in their house, creeping through their rooms at night, watching them sleep, reading their journals, flipping through their photo albums, watching the wife shower and make love to her husband, whispering in the young boy's ear at night - and THEY HAVE NO CLUE.

He is becoming increasingly obsessed with them, too.  Dangerously obsessed, which leads to a bloody  denouement that is genuinely horrifying.  Because it could happen to any of us!

This is my favorite horror film this year so far.  Don't miss it . . . unless you get easily creeped out by the thought of someone watching you. Watching you right now as you read this.

Was that a noise in the attic???? Buggedout

4.5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 10:00:18 PM »

I think my laser-shooting attic squirrels will keep any intruders away. I'm more worried about 300+ ft rubber monsters. Although, they tend to reside in Japan, far from where I am.

In all due non-crazy seriousness, sounds like a great movie! Haven't seen anything about it before, and I'd be willing to give it a shot if I can find it.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 02:13:48 PM »

Plus a little funny scene, where the father checks out while the daughter's TV is running and finds a vibrator BounceGiggle

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  HANGMAN (2015) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.