Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:12:18 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Shooting at Fort Hood, Active Shooter Reported « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Shooting at Fort Hood, Active Shooter Reported  (Read 3575 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« on: April 02, 2014, 05:57:31 PM »

at least 1 killed multiple people are injured

Bluesad

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fort-hood-on-lockdown-as-active-shooter-reported/

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 09:23:57 PM »

That poor place has been the scene of enough suffering.
Either EVERYONE should carry a gun on post or NO ONE should!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 10:28:10 PM »

Iraq vet with mental issues for which he was being treated
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 10:56:14 PM »

Just sad.  Returning vets from previous wars didn't open up and slaughter dozens of innocents.
Why have we become such a psychotically violent people?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 12:38:18 AM »

With the first incident, our illustrious President refused to call it "terrorism" when it actually was, replacing it with the term "workplace violence". It's easy to see why...more people will scream for gun control with a term like that as opposed to a harder, more expected term like "terrorism".  And as usual, all the knee-jerk reactionists are lining up to buy tickets for Obama's "I told you so" tour as they scream for more leeway to create more feel good laws directed at the wrong people, aka 'the law-abiding citizen."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 02:39:37 AM »

Terrible news: I understand PTSD as my Dad had it, but he toughed it out and didn't harm anyone because of the war time trauma he suffered.  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 10:31:52 AM »

Terrible news: I understand PTSD as my Dad had it, but he toughed it out and didn't harm anyone because of the war time trauma he suffered.  Bluesad

That's good, to be sure, but there are those who are incapable of controlling their behavior because the illness is just too powerful.  With any debilitating mental illness, I think that either people don't know they have it, or that they do know but are too afraid to get help for fear of the social backlash it may have on them if people knew they had it.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 01:02:25 PM »

I used to be stationed at Fort Hood, whenever I see it come up in the News, i check for names I might recognize, even though I haven't been there in over a decade. 
Jim H

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 12:33:41 AM »

Just sad.  Returning vets from previous wars didn't open up and slaughter dozens of innocents.

They also commit suicide in huge numbers.  They come back after experiencing some awful stuff, have issues, and the services to help them aren't what they should be in many cases.

But, from my understanding, spree shooters have been relatively consistent in number of incidents per year for the past 40 years or so (I suppose it says something if you see how many of these there are, going back more than 100 years - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers:_Americas ).  Charles Whitman and Unruh (and that guy who murdered 9 German POWs in Utah, forget the name) are two previous vets who killed a lot of people. 
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 01:53:18 PM »

They also commit suicide in huge numbers.  They come back after experiencing some awful stuff, have issues, and the services to help them aren't what they should be in many cases.

But, from my understanding, spree shooters have been relatively consistent in number of incidents per year for the past 40 years or so (I suppose it says something if you see how many of these there are, going back more than 100 years - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers:_Americas ).  Charles Whitman and Unruh (and that guy who murdered 9 German POWs in Utah, forget the name) are two previous vets who killed a lot of people. 

That's an interesting list, Jim H.  I notice a lot of shooting from Colombia and Brazil were also listed though it seems Colombia has quite a few more. But there too, Colombia is a known drug-lord country so they may be criminally related on those grounds.  I say this because the list omits school shootings, workplace and\or hate crimes so this narrows down the list coupled with the known issues in Colombia.

Also not on the list were the knife attacks in Japan and the recent one in China that left several dead after 6 men went on a rampage. Not firearm related, but still of interest due to the use of alternate weapons and the ability to cause considerable killings with them as opposed to what they could have done had they used guns.
Jim H

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2014, 03:46:17 PM »

Yeah, it's listing just the Americas. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers

This is a human issue, it's not just an American issue, and it has been going on for a very long time.  Probably the most telling one is William Unek, who killed 57 people in two incidents three years apart in Africa. 

It might seem like really a lot of these things happen, but when you consider 7 billion people, it's really very rare.  Just something important to note.  The whole thing...  It's still awful.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 08:52:24 PM »

Yeah, it's listing just the Americas. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers

This is a human issue, it's not just an American issue, and it has been going on for a very long time.  Probably the most telling one is William Unek, who killed 57 people in two incidents three years apart in Africa. 

It might seem like really a lot of these things happen, but when you consider 7 billion people, it's really very rare.  Just something important to note.  The whole thing...  It's still awful.

Black Sabbath said it in one of their songs, it's the "Symptom Of The Universe."  War will always be with us, and so will individual tragedies like the ones listed. The reason I mentioned the incidents in Japan and China was because they were incidents where just as many people could have died by firearms as opposed to the weapons used, which were knives. For all the gun laws that have been over-regulated, it dosen't seem to help. People  will use their will as a way.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2014, 12:33:37 PM »

With the first incident, our illustrious President refused to call it "terrorism" when it actually was, replacing it with the term "workplace violence". It's easy to see why...more people will scream for gun control with a term like that as opposed to a harder, more expected term like "terrorism".  And as usual, all the knee-jerk reactionists are lining up to buy tickets for Obama's "I told you so" tour as they scream for more leeway to create more feel good laws directed at the wrong people, aka 'the law-abiding citizen."

"Workplace Violence"......? Hatred

Well....this is probably simply my personal opinion but it sure seems like some people aren't as prepared to handle battle situations as they used to. In fact,adversity of any kind. I just don't know anymore.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:35:58 PM by tracy » Logged

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 10:19:04 AM »

With the first incident, our illustrious President refused to call it "terrorism" when it actually was, replacing it with the term "workplace violence". It's easy to see why...more people will scream for gun control with a term like that as opposed to a harder, more expected term like "terrorism".  And as usual, all the knee-jerk reactionists are lining up to buy tickets for Obama's "I told you so" tour as they scream for more leeway to create more feel good laws directed at the wrong people, aka 'the law-abiding citizen."

"Workplace Violence"......? Hatred

Well....this is probably simply my personal opinion but it sure seems like some people aren't as prepared to handle battle situations as they used to. In fact,adversity of any kind. I just don't know anymore.

Well, not to steer over into the Islamic lane, but when Major Hasan was screaming "God is good"! in Arabic as he was busy killing the people around him, yes that IS a terror attack.  In his use of an alternate phrase, maybe Obama was trying to humanize the incident (as it definitely deserves to be humanized) but for God's sake, it was a terror attack, so let's call a spade a spade and get done with it.  There again, with regards to denial of the issues, we need to stop calling a spade a spade and start calling it a f**kin' shovel!

True, we as people aren't ready to handle adversity because of the social label that they get for 'being prepared', as people who don't understand them start with the usual "right-wing, gun loving paranoid hater" routine (in some cases).  Then, there are just those who think that things like this "can't happen to them."  When it comes to being prepared, you're wearing either one hat or the other...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Shooting at Fort Hood, Active Shooter Reported « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.