Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:40:53 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  X-Men: Days of Future Past « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: X-Men: Days of Future Past  (Read 6963 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 06, 2014, 10:47:44 AM »

You guys have no idea how hyped I am over the DoFP movie!
 Twirling

tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 12:48:42 PM »

Oh,me,too! I've seen every X-Men film.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 04:58:30 PM »

I'd be more excited if it didn't look like yet another "everything revolves around Wolverine" movie.

But of course I'll see it anyway, because, you know......

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 08:52:08 PM »

I'd be more excited if it didn't look like yet another "everything revolves around Wolverine" movie.

But of course I'll see it anyway, because, you know......

I'm the same way. While I haven't really hated any of the X-Men movies, I've also found them more missing the mark then hitting it. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 09:05:53 PM »

I'm not really interested.  I've been waiting fourteen (!!!) years for Rogue to actually do something in an X-Men movie, and she's cut from this one completely.  (Not that such a little thing stops them from using her in promotional materials.)  I'm also tired of Huge Jackman Wolverine, as others apparently are.

I want to be stoked to see this but I've been let down by every single X-Men movie yet.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 07:07:48 PM »

We need a new actor to play Wolverine because, like akiratubo said, he's been playing the part for 14 years now. Plus, I've always thought of Jackman as 'okay' as Wolverine; once we got past the novelty of the Wolverine character finally appearing in a major big-screen movie release in 2000, some of us comic book fans realized some of the shortcomings of Hugh Jackman playing the role of Logan: too tall, too hunky, too emo.

We need a short, husky, hairy, brawler-type of guy to play the Canuck!

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Archivist

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 02:10:07 AM »

We need a new actor to play Wolverine because, like akiratubo said, he's been playing the part for 14 years now. Plus, I've always thought of Jackman as 'okay' as Wolverine; once we got past the novelty of the Wolverine character finally appearing in a major big-screen movie release in 2000, some of us comic book fans realized some of the shortcomings of Hugh Jackman playing the role of Logan: too tall, too hunky, too emo.

We need a short, husky, hairy, brawler-type of guy to play the Canuck!

Jason Statham (with a wig)?

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Archivist

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 06:17:46 AM »

Yes!  Went to see it this weekend, and it is GREAT.  Everything you would want from an X-Men movie and a real ensemble cast effort.

No spoilers, no nothing from me.  Just go see it.

Although ... I was puzzled by some seeming inconsistencies between this movie and the events in earlier X-Men movies, particularly Origins: Wolverine, as well as the first X-Men movie.  It's as if they didn't remember the past movies or something.  You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 10:20:44 AM »

Not a fan of X-MEN or superhero movies generally, although I'm starting to come around to these Marvel movies. They are universally solid popcorn movies. I'm not interested in the lore or continuity of the series or anything like that; they entertain me while they're on and then I forget about them.

This X-MEN movie is pretty overstuffed, with two sets of characters, time travel, and some of the trippiest scenes I've seen in a superhero movie. There's a great "bullet time" sequence set to Jim Croce's "Time in a Bottle." I'd give it 3.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ChaosTheory

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 03:10:11 PM »

Although ... I was puzzled by some seeming inconsistencies between this movie and the events in earlier X-Men movies, particularly Origins: Wolverine, as well as the first X-Men movie.  It's as if they didn't remember the past movies or something.  You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it.

We're ALL trying to forget ORIGINS: WOLVERINE.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 11:15:28 PM »

I found it entertaining but uneven.   Pretty good, overall.

The scenes with Quicksilver were utterly show-stealing.

I read all the Chris Claremont days of the comic, so it tormented me a little to see the various liberties they took with the storyline.  They never put Rachel in, so they had to do some weirdness with the story.  But... it was still enjoyable, and much more memorable than X3.   After all, how can you top taking one of the best X-villains and introducing him with, "I'm THE JUGGERNAUT, b***h!!!!!!!!!!"
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 11:16:37 PM »

In fact, maybe that'll be my ongoing Internet rebuttal to people who argue with me.   Might work.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 11:19:05 PM »

This thread derailment has now come to a close.

Was I the only one who, while watching the movie, gleefully interjected, "A Lannister always pays his debts!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  X-Men: Days of Future Past « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.