Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:39:38 PM
713362 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  The ET landfill stash has been found! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The ET landfill stash has been found!  (Read 6153 times)
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 02:18:16 PM »

I have it on cartridge.  It's both boring and extremely confusing.  Like a number of Atari games.  It's pretty bad.

Well. Atari got it right with Adventure! and Missile Command. Iused to love playing Missile Command for a few hours, as it was fairly faithful to the arcade version despite the graphics.  Atari had it right a few times, anyway  Smile
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2014, 06:07:16 PM »

I have it on cartridge.  It's both boring and extremely confusing.  Like a number of Atari games.  It's pretty bad.

Well. Atari got it right with Adventure! and Missile Command. Iused to love playing Missile Command for a few hours, as it was fairly faithful to the arcade version despite the graphics.  Atari had it right a few times, anyway  Smile

Oh yeah, I like quite a few Atari games.  Combat is a classic.  Yar's Revenge is fun.  Berserk.  That dragon running game, the name escapes me.  There's a bunch of solid arcade ports.  Pitfall.  A lot of the games are very entertaining to watch and great for parties.  Try playing them in the dark with people who've been drinking. 

It might be worth noting the Atari 2600 had the longest lifespan of ANY console.  It had major releases into 1992 (in other words, it outlived BOTH of its successor consoles, the 5200 and the 7800, and somehow lived into the SNES/Genesis era), which a lot of people don't realize.  Some of the latter games are also technically incredible considering the extreme limitations of the system.

Small | Large

I still have my 2600 and 7800. 

But there's a reason the market crash.  There's such a crapton of awful releases, and the bad games are soooo hard to even understand in many cases (admittedly, the Intellivision and Colecovision's bad titles have the same problems).  Say what you will about Nintendo's monopolistic hold on the NES, but their licensing restrictions really helped.  The NES itself has plenty of stinkers, but almost all of them are at least playable. 
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2014, 05:20:24 PM »

I still have my 2600 and 7800. 

But there's a reason the market crash.  There's such a crapton of awful releases, and the bad games are soooo hard to even understand in many cases (admittedly, the Intellivision and Colecovision's bad titles have the same problems).  Say what you will about Nintendo's monopolistic hold on the NES, but their licensing restrictions really helped.  The NES itself has plenty of stinkers, but almost all of them are at least playable. 

Yeah, I still have my 2600 upstairs.  I think it still works but there's no joysticks, no way to plug it in to the TV, nor do I know where the power adapter is.  I occasionally play some of the games via emulator and some of them can be just as entertaining, if not so, than modern games.  Warlords is one that comes to mind - it may have been pretty simplistic but damn it was still enjoyable.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  The ET landfill stash has been found! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.