Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:45:32 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER (2014) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER (2014)  (Read 7305 times)
MrMari
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Keepin' my pimp hand strong since 1975.

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2014, 01:36:54 AM »

Mr Mari.  If you see it again, pay close attention to Fury's tombstone.

I got it now thanks. Had to look it up.  Found some other tidbits about the movie here: 

SPOILER ALERT. DO NOT CLICK BELOW IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE

http://www.fatmovieguy.com/captain-america-the-winter-soldier-easter-eggs-secrets-and-trivia/

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 01:22:33 PM »

Besides my interest lies not in films themselves, but in the financial and business aspects of films.
I suppose everybody needs a hobby.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2014, 02:04:45 PM »

Saw it on Saturday and really enjoyed it.  Loved seeing the familiar sites when they filmed a large part of it here in Cleveland. 

I'm from Lorain originally, and lived in Cleveland for a while....I got a big kick out of the Cleveland shots in AVENGERS,  and am looking forward to CA:TWS.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2014, 02:53:58 PM »

If that is the aspect of film that interests you, cool beans.
For me, only one question matters with a movie.
Did it entertain me?

If the answer is "yes", I don't care if it's a DTV piece of shlock from the Asylum or the blockbuster film of the year.
If I am entertained by it, it gets my money.

Actually, Indy and I are not that far apart, as "like" forms part of my like, too, but . . . (and we'll ge to that later) "like" is not the chief determinate of whether a film is made. It's "BOXOFFICE!"

Only when "that" person decides that a film has a chance to earn a respectable profit at the boxoffice will a film be made. Only when he or she, and there are more and more shes, decide that there is enough demand to earn a respectable profit will a film be remade. Only when the last film did well enough, and there is enough demand for another film will a sequel be made.

Not whether I like the film nor Indy likes the film nor anyone of us likes the film, and with the cost of a film today, not even if all of us on this board like a film, will a film be made, unless what we pay for a ticket, a rental, or a purcchase, or however we see a film, increases expontentially, will a film be made. "Boxoffice" trumps "like."

Sequels
I am not totally opposed to all sequels, just most seuqels. Though, I'd like to see and be interested in seeing a sequel to . . .

"Dog Soldiers" called "Dog Soldiers : Fresh Meat."
"Lair of the White Worm" called "Return of the White Worm"
and "Hansel and Gretel : Witch Hunters."

A remake of John Christopher's "White Mountains."

A film made from the series . . .

"Shannara"
"Dragonlance"
"Artemis Fowl"

And if they were still all alive, a film from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's "The White Company" w/ John "The Duke" Wayne, Lord Laurence Olivier, Sir Alec Guinness and directed by John Ford.

But . . . ? (Here we go.)

That is not likely to happen. Not because everyone is dead, who'd be in it, but (there's that word again) because the fastest way a filmmaker can go bankrupt is to take my "like" into consideration without taking into consideration "the like" of everyone else. And I accept and understand that.

And yet . . . ? and yet . . . ?

It was more likely to happen yesterday than today, because while my "like" has not changed in almost 60 years, the "like" of the general movie going public has changed.

And for a long time, I just accepted that, then I realized that I could not only accept that, but (there's that word again) I could also try to understand that, which is why I went past "like" to the financial and psychological and etc. that made up the components of filmmaking and "boxoffice." And I find them both fascinating and interesting.

And it is not only films . . .

If anyone has been involved in any type of entertainment, as I have, one knows that what goes on behind the scenes, the curtain, the camera, etc. can be as fascinating and interesting as what goes on in front of the scenes, the curtain, the camera, etc. For example . . .

Ballet
Why does a boy take ballet?
What happend to the group/the individual dynamic, when two or more boys take ballet in the same class?
Why don't more boys take ballet, when it is one of the most muscular activities a boy can do?

Which is why boys and girls don't compete against each other, except when partnering, as boys being more muscular than girls, at that age, would win more than their fair share of competitions.

Broadway
Last month was the Actors' Fund, which is basically a welfare organization for people who work in the theater in New York City, and has been in existance for over 132 years, biggest event: The Gala.

They like to put on something that people might be interested in attending, so this year's gala theme was "20 Years of Disney on Broadway."

Who'd that thought that someone would like to see excerpts from . . .

Newsies -- Mary Poppins -- The Little Mermaid -- The Lion King -- Beauty and the Beast -- Aida -- and the latest one "Aladdin."

Apparently, someone did, as while the $100 tickets were still $100 at the end of the day, the $200 tickets were $250, and the $20 tickets were $50.

Twenty years ago, Disney Theatrical Productions brought something called "Beauty and the Beast" to Broadway and nothing has been the same since.

Not Broadway
There are a number of reasons for Broadway's revival, but when people saw you could put $2 or $3 million into a Broadway play and get your money back. People began reinvesting in Broadway.

Not the Walt Disney Company.
Besides those plays already names watch for a possible . . .

Alice in Wonderland: the Musical -- Father of the Bride: the Musical -- Freaky Friday: the Musical -- Frozen: the Musical -- The Jungle Book: the Musical -- and The Muppets: the Musical.

And not even the movies.
As producers caught on to the fact that people who had seen a film would then pay to see a stage adaptation of the same film on the stage. So, recently, we have had . . .

Spiderman -- Rocky -- Matilda -- Hedwig and the Angry Inch -- Heathers -- and Bullets Over Broadway.

The Gala also raised a number of what I thought were interesting and fascinating questions. To whit . . .

Who was there? How many kids?
As Broadway has finally got smart enought to realize, that if they put on something that kids' might want to see, such as "Matilda." Something that'll put the kids' seats into the seats, then maybe the kids will continue to come back as adults.

How much did it make" How many will the midtown Manhattan Marriott hold?
Even if they restrict the number of tickets to the after gala to the number of people who saw the show in the theater, that is 1800 or 1800 x $1500 per ticket for the after gala. That is $2.700,000 + the show tickets or around $250,000 or $2,950,000 in one night.

Taxes?
You can bet that most of those involved, who bought tickets, will write off the cost of the ticket from this year's tax bill. Which means it has to be made up someplace, and some of that someplace is out of your pocket. But, I can hardly begrudge them, since I, or more accurately, my tax preparer, makes heavy use of my charitable tax deduction each year.

How one hand washes the other?
The Walt Disney Company by donating the cast memebers and the 111 year old New Amsterdam Theater, which had been closed for a decade, when the Company bought it and rehabbed it for $8 to $10 million, they not only advertise their product, but (there's that word again) they generate goodwill for the company, which they can bank and then use later. And it probably writes off its donation from its tax bill.

No, "like" will always be part of my like, but (there's that word again) there's so much more out there, then just "like," that is fascinating and interesting, and which I hope I can continue to share with you all.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER (2014) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.