Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:23:15 AM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Animes in general « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Animes in general  (Read 8189 times)
Amano
« on: May 07, 2002, 05:48:17 AM »

What is the weirdist anime you have ever seen?
Or the best anime you have ever seen?
I thought the Overfeind series was the s**t! It was so funny! Read  my comment in the review section if you wanna know what I really liked about it.
I also like Dragonball Z and am currently watching the series on cartoon network... I consider myself an anime buff so e-mail me if you have any questions in which to test my vast knowage!!
By the way, please visit my site
Animesruleall@communities.msn.co.uk
Please! :)
Ludovico
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2002, 08:50:58 AM »

Weirdest anime I have seen must be Ghost in the Shell, which I saw yesterday for the first time. But it was a good movie.

The best anime I've seen must be Akira or Princess Mononoke.

I've only seen few anime movies, because I just recently became interested in anime.
Flangepart
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2002, 10:34:43 AM »

Don't have access to a lot of Anime, but i'm getting what the library has when it comes in. How about...mentioning favorite theme tunes, and over all music scores? The Themes to Gunsmith cats and Cowboy Bebop ar way cool Jazz, and i realy like Tenchi Muyo and Gundam 0083. The overall scores for Akira, Macross and Patlabor work for me too.
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2002, 10:42:03 AM »

I also like Dragonball Z

I consider myself an anime buff

I'm trying to reconcile those two sentences in my mind, but it isn't easy

Anyway...best anime?

Lessee...."Ghost In The Shell" definately ranks, as well as "Perfect Blue", "Iria", "Battle Angel", "Ninja Scroll", "Galaxy Express 999" and the "Ranma 1/2" series.  There's others, but those usually pop to mind when I think 'anime'
The Honn
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2002, 11:29:01 AM »

My anime experience is:
Akira (classic, deep, meaningful, beautiful)
Ghost in the Shell (same as Akira)
3x3 Eyes (1-5. This series will always be my favourite of them all series or movies. Im not sure why but I love it above all the others.)
Battle Angel (short but sweet)
Fist of the North Star (awful, in a very entertaining way)
Street Fighter 2 (see FOTNS)
Wind of Amnesia (I only managed to watch it once then the VCR chewed it up.)
The Guyver series (hilarious, whether its meant to be or not)
Judge (Good...thats it)
The Heroic Legend of Arislan (1-3, 4 doesnt seem to exist here in the UK. The first part is absolutely beautiful, the art and the music are stunning. Quality declined as the series goes on but still good)
X (I cant decide if this thing is good or bad. The music is great, the visuals are great but....Jesus)
Ultimate Teacher (AWESOME :-D)

Ive never seen the more twisted stuff, like Legend of The Overfiend and in all honesty I dont really want to. As for what Ive seen, X is probably the weirdest although they all have their fair share of surrealism.
Sven A
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2002, 12:39:05 PM »

Urusei Yatsura, especially the first and second movie
Perfect Blue
Mononoke Hime
Akira
Flower Bascet
BlackAngel
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2002, 12:43:57 PM »

Here's my list of good animes:

Akira (the best)
Ghost In The Shell (also the best)
Ninja Scrolls (ever seen a sword like that?)
Fatal Fury2 (nice fighting scenes)
Vampire Hunter D (the first)

As for the weirdest, I have two that can probably fit that catogory:

F3 (Frantic, Frustrated, Female)
Rei-Rei

I'm fairly new to this as well, so if any of y'all have any suggestion on good feature length animes (no 30-45min. snipets) post some, or evenb e-mail.  It's all good.

C-ya
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2002, 12:44:11 PM »

Glad to see another admirer of "Perfect Blue"

Was "Urusei Yatsura" by the same guy that did "Ranma 1/2" about a student studying for his school  tests and living in a boarding house and getting (or trying to get ) romantically invovled with the person who managed the house?  Or am I thinking of a different series?
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2002, 12:47:18 PM »

oops...sorry, the series I'm thinking of is called "Maison Ikkoku", which was written by the same guy who wrote some of the Ranma and Urusei anime
Lee
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2002, 01:17:15 PM »

Some of my faves:

Tenchi Muyo(can't explain why it just cracks me up.)
The Guyver
Akira(bizarre bu some cool moments)
Ninja Scroll

Plan on checking out Metropolis soon just to see if what everybody says is true.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2002, 01:22:30 PM »

Jay O'Connor wrote:
>
> oops...sorry, the series I'm thinking of is called
> "Maison Ikkoku", which was written by the same guy who wrote
> some of the Ranma and Urusei anime

That guy is actually a woman.

An anime that is very weird and very good, check out NEON GENESIS: EVANGELION.  One of the best series I've seen.  However, I haven't seen all of the episodes, and I hear it craps out at the end.  If you don't mind a whiny main character, you should be entertained.

AKIRA, GHOST IN THE SHELL, and NINJA SCROLL are classics.

SERIAL EXPERIMENTS: LAIN is also seriously bizarre.  It's about a little girl who's dead classmate starts talking to her through her computer.

The best anime I've seen recently would definitely be METROPOLIS, which I was lucky enough to catch in the theater.  It's based off a comic by the "God of Anime" Osamu Tezuka.  I recommend this movie to everybody, even those who don't like anime, or movies.  Top notch.
Jay O\'Connor
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2002, 01:27:36 PM »

> That guy is actually a woman.

I'm from the northern United States...'guy' is gender neutral :)

>NEON GENESIS: EVANGELION

I've heard it's great but since most of my sources are places like "Hollywood Video" and "Hastings" I've been leery about getting into it unless I know I can get all the episodes

>SERIAL EXPERIMENTS: LAIN

Thanks...that's at the local Hastings and I've been curious about it
Vincent Price
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2002, 01:55:44 PM »

The weirdest ever? The F3 series.
The best? Either Akira or Vampire Hunter D.
Erik J
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2002, 09:33:39 PM »

I like some of the older stuff
Crying Freeman is a great series
I also loved Starblazers is my absolute favorite

I noticed everyone mention japanese anime
Why not some american anime?
Heavy Metal and American Pop were great
Neville
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2002, 06:23:32 AM »

Im not watching many anime these days, but I remember some of them with pleasure...

Films: Battle Angel & First of the North Star, both excellent.

TV Series: Ranma 1/2 made me laugh constantly, but it can't beat Dr. Slump wild imagination and humour. Oh, and how could I forget Lupin III !!!
The first seasons of Dragon Ball were great as well, before all that weird sci-fi twists and neverending battles.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Animes in general « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.