Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:00:10 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I saw that blooper...it's a hobby of mine. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I saw that blooper...it's a hobby of mine.  (Read 5689 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 13, 2014, 08:25:57 AM »

Anyone have a range of movie mistakes you notice, because of a hobby you have?
I'm a 'wing nut'. I think flying and planes are cool.
Sooooo...

Two bloopers from THE GIANT BEHEMOUTH.

The hero gets a plane ride back to London.
They show a single seat fighter land at an airfield. a Single seat Shrike JET fighter...and the sound is of a Prop motor! Shades of AIRPLANE!

Later...
The weird plaleo guy is in a chopper over the Thames river.
In a 3 wheeled Sikorski S-52.
When the monster blows up the chopper, it's a 4 wheel S-55. Sure, you don't have to be a wing nut to realize 'them choppers don't look the same', but it helps.

Your turn! /color]

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 08:42:43 AM »

I always look for the boom mike or the camera crew reflected somewhere or being where they shouldn't (like in shot):

www.moviemistakes.com/picture108191

BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 11:01:25 AM »

Being a bit of a car guy I tend to notice that sort of stuff.  Wasn't there a scene in the big chase in Bullet where he upshifts like 8 times in a row?  Those Mustangs only had 4 gears.  I also notice whenever a car goes sliding or spinning in a movie, there are ALWAYS tire marks on the road from when the stunt driver practiced it before the shoot.   Or of course cars squealing their tires...on gravel.  

There was some English movie I watched where a guy had a 1970 Mustang Mach 1 (I own one of those).  The funny part was the dubbed-in engine sound was from a 4 cylinder Fiat or something.

Oh and in Mad Max where he pulls that little knob on his shifter and the supercharger starts spinning.  The belt that drives that runs off the crankshaft and therefore it runs whenever the engine is turned on.  It's hard to imagine how it could be set up to disengage at any point, as the rotors that compress the air going into the engine would pretty effectively block any airflow if it they weren't turning.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:05:32 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 01:39:47 PM »

In THE VALACHI PAPERS, there is a scene that is supposed to take place in the 1930s that involves a car driving through traffic.  You can clearly see a car driving in the background that is a late 1960s or early 70s model car.

In the same movie, when Charles Bronson gets attacked in the prison shower, you can catch a glimpse of a bathing suit or pair of underpants he is wearing when he is supposed to be naked.  And don't ask me why I was looking at Bronson's ass while I was watching this scene.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 03:03:45 PM »

eyes flickering on corpse, or breathing by supposedly dead bodies.

this really annoys me actually. whenever there's a close up of a dead body in a movie all I can do is subconsciously look for little movements, especially eyelid flickers from the actor. I wish I could just accept that it's supposed to be a dead body and move on but I can't! it's like I have to do it  Bluesad Smile

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 05:39:40 PM »

Dead bodies still breathing/moving I also pick out.
One good example is Friday The 13th Part VII: The New Blood.  Jason buries a hatchet in a girls' head.  He then grabs and throws her, and as he grabs her the actress wasn't too keen on being thrown, so she grabs onto him a bit before being flung.  TeddyR

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Lyedecker
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 06:49:37 PM »

In Diamonds Are Forever, Bond drives a car tilted on an angle into an alley. When he comes out of the opposite end, the wrong side of the vehicle is tilted up.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 12:46:32 AM »

Being a bit of a car guy I tend to notice that sort of stuff.  Wasn't there a scene in the big chase in Bullet where he upshifts like 8 times in a row?  Those Mustangs only had 4 gears.  

TeddyR

I watched that chase scene last night: that major upshifting happens when Steve McQueen is chasing the bad guys outside of San Francisco and he's gunning his car up a hill after them.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 03:21:07 AM »

My wife enjoyed watching Bones, but I had to stop after watching a few episodes where the murder was blamed on the smashing of the hyoid bone. The first time this occurred, Bones claimed that the murderer was a chiropractor who used an activator to pop someone behind the ear, smashing the hyoid bone and killing the person. The problem here is two-fold: 1. An activator doesn't exert enough pressure to break any bones in the skull, and 2. The hyoid bone is in the throat (it's the only bone in the body not attached to any other bone). This kind of thing happened again on the show, with the hyoid bone moved somewhere else. It became a running gag with me whenever I'd walk in and see my wife watching the show. It annoyed her that I made fun of the show, but it annoyed me that a show claiming such a grand skeletal expertise couldn't even keep basic anatomy straight.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 07:40:39 AM »

My wife enjoyed watching Bones, but I had to stop after watching a few episodes where the murder was blamed on the smashing of the hyoid bone. The first time this occurred, Bones claimed that the murderer was a chiropractor who used an activator to pop someone behind the ear, smashing the hyoid bone and killing the person. The problem here is two-fold: 1. An activator doesn't exert enough pressure to break any bones in the skull, and 2. The hyoid bone is in the throat (it's the only bone in the body not attached to any other bone). This kind of thing happened again on the show, with the hyoid bone moved somewhere else. It became a running gag with me whenever I'd walk in and see my wife watching the show. It annoyed her that I made fun of the show, but it annoyed me that a show claiming such a grand skeletal expertise couldn't even keep basic anatomy straight.

BINGO.  I minored in physical anthropology.  Bones lost me when they showed a radiograph of an arm whilst discussing a leg injury (or vice-versa: it was a while back). I was so disgusted I have not watched it since.

As for my current main area of interest or expertise (things equestrian): I always notice when the horses are changed (eg: guy riding through the desert is on a completely different mount in the next scene, still out in the middle of nowhere) or the equipment changes or when the person on horseback either can or cannot ride well.  My personal favourite being in an old b+w western (I cannot recall specifically which one: I suspect it happened more than once!) where during the chase scene several different characters were shown riding the same horse around the same rock outcrop - chasing each other!   BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 07:52:40 AM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Flangepart

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 08:18:33 AM »

YES, I know it's a DC comic...but one of my old school faves. And a TBF Avenger CAN'T do that! And the turret only has ONE .50 machine gun. Damm comic book universes...

ARGHHH! Okay...maybe comic book bloopers...if ya think it fits...kinda...

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 06:21:43 PM »

I'll sometimes notice in a movie when an animal does something it shouldn't be able to do.  For example, snakes blinking.  Snakes don't have eyelids, but in movies, you see them blink.  Another example is somebody getting eaten by a whale, then escaping through the blowhole.  A whale's throat and blow hole are not connected, therefore escape is impossible.  
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:28:06 PM by WingedSerpent » Logged

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Flangepart

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 08:00:52 AM »

Another example is somebody getting eaten by a whale, then escaping through the blowhole.  A whale's throat and blow hole are not connected, therefore escape is impossible.  
Waaa?...Well, learn ya somethin' new...what flick did this happen in?

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2014, 10:14:38 AM »

I don't know but that's going n my sig  TeddyR

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
claws
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2014, 12:07:06 PM »

Two bloopers from THE GIANT BEHEMOUTH.

Your turn! /color]

I found one mistake in your title, it's Behemoth  Wink
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I saw that blooper...it's a hobby of mine. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.