Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:15:17 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  RIP Al Feldstein « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RIP Al Feldstein  (Read 6979 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: May 03, 2014, 01:21:12 PM »

Al was the editor of MAD magazine from 1955 untill 1984-but most recall him from his insane art-like this

Rest well,Al-your art was a BIG inspiration for what I do.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 10:02:37 PM »

That s**t is amazing.  Cheesy subject matter but done with panache and 100% commitment.  You don't see that much these days.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 04:01:17 PM »

He certainly had a distinctive style of art.

R.I.P. Al!
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 02:22:18 PM »

That's a bummer. MAD Magazine was a must read when I was a kid in the 70s. In addition to loads of the magazines, I had tons n' tons of the Super Specials, reprint paperbacks, etc.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 11:26:04 AM »

I had all of those issues in re-print. The first cover art you see had a hideous story about a kid addicted to heroin and a very sad ending. The story, if I remember, was called "Monkey On My Back".   

My favorite EC  cover was the one with the guy with the meat cleaver in his head coming back to life as a zombie and confronting his killer.  Truly classic artwork, and on par only with the underground artwork of Eerie publications magazines such as "Weird" and "Tales From The Tomb."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 05:35:25 AM »

That's a bummer. MAD Magazine was a must read when I was a kid in the 70s. In addition to loads of the magazines, I had tons n' tons of the Super Specials, reprint paperbacks, etc.

Me too-along with Mad and Famous Monsters and Jack Kirby Captain America and the Falcon!

What a way to warp!  Wink

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 05:42:59 AM »

I had all of those issues in re-print. The first cover art you see had a hideous story about a kid addicted to heroin and a very sad ending. The story, if I remember, was called "Monkey On My Back".   

My favorite EC  cover was the one with the guy with the meat cleaver in his head coming back to life as a zombie and confronting his killer.  Truly classic artwork, and on par only with the underground artwork of Eerie publications magazines such as "Weird" and "Tales From The Tomb."

Oh dam-I got lotsa them old mags-vampires cutting off heads-guts and gore-some evil stuff-my Dad thought I was crazy for buyin that s**t.
But he didnt stop me-he couldnt-and he knew it.

Lotsa eye ball popping in them old Eerie Pub mags.And neck bones-blood squirting-gross s**t!  Twirling

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 08:42:30 AM »

Oh dam-I got lotsa them old mags-vampires cutting off heads-guts and gore-some evil stuff-my Dad thought I was crazy for buyin that s**t.
But he didnt stop me-he couldnt-and he knew it.

Lotsa eye ball popping in them old Eerie Pub mags.And neck bones-blood squirting-gross s**t!  Twirling

YES!!! Remember this little tale of decapitation? My mother saw this one when I was little and took the magazine and threw it in the trash. Didn't stop me from finding it later at a local farmer's market a few years back  Smile

Anyway, I present to you in all it's B&W gory (or umm..gloryI Chopped Her Head Off!

http://thehorrorsofitall.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-chopped-her-head-off-i-coffin.html
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 01:56:26 PM »

Believe it or not-the artist for lotsa that s**t was Sgt Furys very own Dick Ayers working undercover! Including the f**ked up s**t you posted! Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 08:30:14 AM »

Believe it or not-the artist for lotsa that s**t was Sgt Furys very own Dick Ayers working undercover! Including the f**ked up s**t you posted! Thumbup

Well, whadda 'ya know? Pretty neat, I'd say  Smile
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 07:08:01 PM »

You two are deeply disturbed.   BounceGiggle  Wish we could get together and look at sick violent crap like them mags!   TeddyR

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2014, 02:22:41 PM »

You two are deeply disturbed.   BounceGiggle  Wish we could get together and look at sick violent crap like them mags!   TeddyR

Ha ha, so you too have fallen under the spell of Eerie pubs, eh, old friend?

Here's a nice page that has some reprints, one of which, "The Thing In The Cellar" was one of my faves, and one I still have in my surviving set of magazines.  Enjoy!

http://books.google.com/books?id=60Q2iGJRMxUC&pg=PA286&lpg=PA286&dq=Eerie+publications+story+scans&source=bl&ots=ENJbVOlRO5&sig=OxbU-OCNLOPrJiWhdKMDb379Eis&hl=en&sa=X&ei=4B1xU6rJO7SysQSEi4HYBA&ved=0CHcQ6AEwDg#v=onepage&q=Eerie%20publications%20story%20scans&f=false
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 05:27:37 PM »

Oh,me,too! MAD was so much a part of my childhood.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  RIP Al Feldstein « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.