Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:20:14 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy  (Read 24841 times)
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 10:57:54 AM »

It's the battle of the century, as . . .

the Guardians and the Avengers take on Thanos, Ronan, the Other, Nebula, Loki, Korath, and the Red Skull in Marvel's "The Avengers : War of the Two Universes."

And I don't know whether this is some fan boy's wish list, or there is some meat to this rumor, but between now and then, the following Marvel films are expected to be released.

Ant Man

Captain America 3

Doctor Strange
Thor : Ragnarok
Black Panther

Black Widow
The Inhumans

Of course, a lot can happen between now and then.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 07:50:49 PM »

If that happens, it'll be epic.

I'd love another Hulk film with Mark Ruffalo but I don't see it happening.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
snowman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 10:50:45 AM »

the Guardians and the Avengers take on Thanos, Ronan, the Other, Nebula, Loki, Korath, and the Red Skull in Marvel's "The Avengers : War of the Two Universes."

And I don't know whether this is some fan boy's wish list, or there is some meat to this rumor, but between now and then, the following Marvel films are expected to be released.

Ant Man

Captain America 3

Doctor Strange
Black Panther

Black Widow
The Inhumans

Of all the coming movies listed, the only that I'm interested in seeing is Dr. Strange which was one of my favourite comics when I was growing-up.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 03:34:22 PM »

Ant Man

Captain America 3

Doctor Strange
Black Panther

Black Widow
The Inhumans

Of all the coming movies listed, the only that I'm interested in seeing is Dr. Strange which was one of my favourite comics when I was growing-up.

You may get your wish, snowman, as the film is one step closer to being made. Do you see Joaquin Phoenix as Dr. Strange? He, or, I should say his agents are in serious negotiations with Marvel for him to play the title character. Of all the actors mentioned for the role, and nothing is definite yet, he is the one I'd most like to see in the role.

Already we have . . .

Guardians of the Galaxy easy reader
Guardians of the Galaxy junior novelization
Guardians of the Galaxy reusable sticker book

So much for its rating of PG-13.

If anyone wants to make some money, and if anyone has some old Marvel comics stashed away somewhere, one might (emphasis on might) want to see if any of them contain Rocket Raccoon, or Rocky Raccoon, as he was known earlier, as he is considered to be the breakout star for "Guardians of the Galaxy." And he was originally such a minor character and made such few appearances and his comics had such a small run, that the demand for his early stuff might (again emphasis on might) exceed the supply.

I just hope no one gets the idea of actually trying to turn a wild raccoon into a pet. They are not pet material, but a wild animal.

All things Marvel.

Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch are scheduled to appear in the next Avengers film.

Sequels make enough money to spawn another sequel, but they normally make less money than the previous sequel. Marvel has turned that formula on its head so far. Each sequel made by Marvel making more money than the previous sequel.

And we shall see what we will see.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2014, 08:01:40 PM »

Dr. Strange is a great comic and I'll be happy to watch that in theaters. 

I was always a Marvel fan as a kid, but the movies were dominated by DC heroes.  Now it's the opposite. 

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 11:02:06 PM »

I am Groot

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 07:53:45 PM »

Howard the Duck is now in the official Marvel movie universe.  This makes me happy.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2014, 09:38:57 PM »

Watched the show tonight.

VERY good.  a solid 4 out of 5, possibly 4.5 out of 5.  Funny, offbeat, fast-moving.   Great to watch, go and see it.  :)

Lucy, however, was a 3.  The first half was entertaining, but the more high fantasy it got the less the director was able to pull it off.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2014, 06:03:57 PM »

I really enjoyed this when I saw it. It was much funnier than I expected. And on a personal note this was the first ever movie I saw in 3d  Cheers Cheers Cheers

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 02:46:16 PM »

I was surprised at how interesting I found it at the moment I saw it, but that was only for the moment, and I am interested in something longer than the moment, so I am mainly interested in what came before, and what comes after.

1. A Film That Brings on Amnesia.
Before the release, there were predictions that it would fail at the box office, because . . .
a.) The characters were unknown.
b.) The star could not carry the film.
c.) The director had never done anything this big.
d.) The tone was too jokey.
e.) Pick a reason. Any reason.

But . . .?! Now that the film is a success, more or less, people who made the prediction that it'd fail, have developed amnesia and forgotten their prediction.

2. More Little Known Characters.
I can pretty much assure everyone that if this had failed, we'd not have seen more films that featured such little known characters--relatively speaking, but . . .?! Now we are likely to see more films featuring lesser known comic book characters. Not only from Marvel/Disney, but also from Sony Columbia, Warner Bros., and 21st Century Fox, who also do films based on comic books. The one I'd like to see is a film featuring the Young Avengers, if only to see who would be cast for some of the youngest heroes in the comic books.

3. Produce and Promote
This is not a knock on Marvel, which can produce a quality product, but with the success of Sony Columbia's next Spiderman, which has been pushed back from 2016 to 2017 or 2018, which is not good. Though, they are filling the space with another comic book film, and while 21st Century Fox's X-men series has been more successful, it has not been as successful as the films Marvel has made for the Walt Disney Company. For whatever you may think of the Company, they know how to promote these films.

4. The Hero, But Not the Villain
We think of the hero in these films, but seldom the villain. So, what is it like to play the villain in something so big? For without the villain, there is no hero.

5. Success Breeds Success
There are big name actors now coming to Marvel asking to be put into a Marvel film. Which may be why Joaquin Phoenix, or his agents, who up to this time has been making--for the most part-- independent films with small paychecks, is in talks to play Dr. Strange in the upcoming film. If it is successful, and nothing is assured, a film every 2 or 3 years, with a large paycheck, especially if he can get a piece of the box office gross, will give him the time and money to appear in the films he wants to make.

6. And Let Us Not Forget "Maleficent."
Which at last time had grossed over $600 million, most of it from the foreign box office, and without the support of the critics, who gave it mixed reviews. Which raises 2 more questions.

7. How Much Will This Film Earn Overseas?
Now it is a hit at home.

8. And What is Wrong with Critics Today?
While the film critic for the "New York Times," like most American critics gave it a mostly positive review, she opened her review and spent much of it criticizing what she saw as the sexual stereotypes in the film. Would someone explain to me, what does that have to do with whether a film is good or not, especially this type of film?

9. You Take the Recognition. I'll Take the Money.
It always amuses me that the names Marvel and Disney are seldom mentioned in the same breath. Not even as Marvel slash Disney. Even if Marvel is not a partner with the Walt Disney Company, but a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company, which means--for the most part-- it owns Marvel lock, stock, and barrel. Thus any money earned by Marvel, which is a lot so far, will eventually show up on the Company's books.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2014, 04:22:10 PM »

It lived up to my expectations to say the very least.

So far it's my favorite film of 2014 (How to Train Your Dragon 2 at a close second)

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2014, 01:26:32 PM »

Howard the Duck is now in the official Marvel movie universe.  This makes me happy.
It amuses me greatly that DC hasn't managed to get Wonder Woman, one of the most famous superheroes ever, onto the big screen and marvel's got Howard the Duck into theaters twice.   TeddyR
Jim H

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2014, 11:40:14 PM »

Very much enjoyed this one.  I didn't see anyone else note it, but Lloyd Kaufman has a cameo in this one.  Very brief, so keep an eye open for it.  Who'd have thought we'd see him in a $200 million dollar summer tent pole in 2014?

A lot of fun, every hero gets a moment to shine, great humor, good action, a bit of real pathos to it.  This one has a bit more individuality to it, it feels a bit less by the numbers than the other Marvel flicks.  It still has some of the same problems (especially towards the end, where the massive climax gets overbusy), but it's definitely a superior film...  Possibly better than the Avengers.

Also, there's a great character cameo, and I think it's a bit of a shame a bunch of you here are spoiling it.  I'd suggest adding spoiler tags.  Just my two cents.

9/10.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2014, 07:21:57 PM »

Just saw this last night: it was FUN!   

(I swear that raccoon was at the Scout camp all last week.)

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2014, 07:39:38 PM »

Did somebody say...Howard the Duck?   BounceGiggle

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.