Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:30:32 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The most violent film you have seen? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The most violent film you have seen?  (Read 11377 times)
DrSimonCowell
Dedicated Viewer

« on: May 22, 2014, 02:49:02 PM »

Hello hello hello, bad movie lovers!  I have a question for you all

As the title of this post suggests I am asking you, what is the most violent film you have seen?  I am talking movies of extreme violence.  You see dozens of characters killed in violent ways and many characters seriously injured through acts of violence.

For me?  The most violent film I have ever seen is 1990's Total Recall (Not its 2012 remake as I have never seen that one.)  Total Recall's use of violence is very gratuitous.  The whole film is a rain of violently killed dead bodies.  Its never more than 5 minutes of nonviolent breaks.  But I have only seen it once.  Don't care to see it again.  I honestly think Total Recall could have been a good story without so much use of gratuitous violence.

But tell me, bad movie lovers.  What is the most violent film you have seen and did you enjoy it or not and why?  Also if you can, please give a body count of the film.  You don't to watch it and count the number of characters who are violently killed.  Just give you estimation of the Body Count.

That is all.  ::Gives cans of beer to everyone.
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 03:24:05 PM »

Errrr I think you don't want to go down this road chap if the most violent movie you have ever seen is Total Recall (no offense mind, it's actually for the best). Like... I honestly am wondering if you are trolling right now.

1. A Serbian Film (2010) - a real "draw the line" moment where people who strongly believe in no censorship will reconsider
2. Irreversible (2002) - just truely horrific like all of Gasper Noe's films but some fantastic cinematic techniques
3. Probably some new age grindhouse thing.. maybe Six Pack Movie, Father's Day... something like that, I mainly like the Tarintino-esque black exploitation parody things instead of the ultra violence.

semi-related: my favourite opening credits of all time are on a Gasper Noe film
Gaspar NoƩ's ENTER THE VOID - Opening Credits (HD)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 03:38:11 PM by Josso » Logged

Bushma
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 05:35:07 PM »

Transformers 1986. So many beloved character brutally murdered, and many new characters brutally murdered.

Other than that I'd say Robocop 1987. From the slaying of Alex Murphy to the various revenge killings of his cyborg-self.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 05:46:06 PM »

Dead Alive is practically wall-to-wall with gore, but very comedically so.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 05:54:03 PM »

STAR WARS. It was as if a million voices cried out and were suddenly silenced.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 05:57:04 PM »

Probably Dead Alive but I didn't find it nearly as repulsive as Last House on the Left (1972)...know there are many, many others far worse, some I've seen only bits and pieces of...most H.G. Lewis films are very gory (not always convincingly so though), recall The Wizard of Gore (1970) being one of the most disturbing ones I've seen...that's probably the worst I've personally watched right through that was both gory and repulsive. Know there's much worse than that out there....

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 06:43:53 PM »

this is (or at least was) the most violent film ever

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087985/?ref_=tttr_tr_tt

The film made the Guinness Book of Records for having the most acts of violence of any film up to that time. According to their calculations, 134 acts of violence occur per hour, 2.23 per minute.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
VenomX73

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 07:49:30 PM »

Bigfoot aka Night of the Demon (1980)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 09:02:18 PM by VenomX73 » Logged

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 09:57:04 PM »

Errrr I think you don't want to go down this road chap if the most violent movie you have ever seen is Total Recall (no offense mind, it's actually for the best). Like... I honestly am wondering if you are trolling right now...
Was thinking the same thing myself. TOTAL RECALL?  Violent? TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE has a much more serious reputation for violence, though it doesn't deserve it.  MAKE THEM DIE SLOWLY?  Or is it CANNIBAL FEROX?  LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT?   I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE?  DAWN OF THE DEAD?  THE TOXIC AVENGER?  Uhm, that's merely a scrape.  

STAR WARS. It was as if a million voices cried out and were suddenly silenced.
BounceGiggle  You're an idiot. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 10:00:18 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 01:15:23 AM »

The Adventures Of Elmo In Grouchland  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 07:27:19 AM »

Errrr I think you don't want to go down this road chap if the most violent movie you have ever seen is Total Recall (no offense mind, it's actually for the best). Like... I honestly am wondering if you are trolling right now...
Was thinking the same thing myself. TOTAL RECALL?  Violent?

I can't believe WyreWiz.... erm I mean 'Dr Simon Cowell' would be trolling  Wink

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 08:48:13 AM »

I vividly remember walking out of the theatre after seeing the original "RoboCop" in 1987 and saying to my buddy, "Holy cow, that was the most VIOLENT movie I have EVER seen in my LIFE! F*cking AWESOME!!!!!" 

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 01:32:19 PM »

The Rambo films have to rate pretty high in terms of violence...actually many 70s- 80s action films probably deserve a mention. How about the late 70s, early 80s slashers? The Terminator films? Some of the Troma movies...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2014, 03:12:32 PM »

If you're talking just the most disturbing or gory violence, then these wouldn't apply, but if you're just talking sheer AMOUNT of violence, I gotta say you can't beat a double feature of Deadly Prey and Deadliest Prey.  The violence is all pretty cheesy, but they probably have just about the largest number of violent acts you could find.  Now, as to the number of people killed in them, that's a tricky question.  TONS of characters died, but when you look closely enough, you'll see that many of them are played by the same people with a different hat, so...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
VenomX73

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2014, 08:12:38 PM »

The Rambo films have to rate pretty high in terms of violence...actually many 70s- 80s action films probably deserve a mention. How about the late 70s, early 80s slashers? The Terminator films? Some of the Troma movies...

Rambo (2008) Yes - the last part was SUPER violent 200+ kills - 50 cal, tons of blood and guts everywhere.

I vividly remember walking out of the theatre after seeing the original "RoboCop" in 1987 and saying to my buddy, "Holy cow, that was the most VIOLENT movie I have EVER seen in my LIFE! F*cking AWESOME!!!!!" 

I was thinking the same after the EVIL DEAD remake (2013)
Imo that was over the top violent - lots of gore!

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The most violent film you have seen? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.