Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:03:09 AM
714153 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fast, Cheap, and Easy--Of course I'm talking about food « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fast, Cheap, and Easy--Of course I'm talking about food  (Read 1799 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« on: May 21, 2014, 02:31:30 AM »

What's a meal you make all the time because it's fast, cheap, and easy.

Here's something I make all the time.

Take a package of ramen, and crush it beneath the ball of your hand. All of the noodles are now bite-size pieces. Add the flavor packet and let it simmer.

You may not know, I'm an Alaskan Native, and one thing we eat is dried black seaweed. We eat it like popcorn. Well, add a good sized portion of that to the boiling ramen. Then drop an egg into the boiling mix. You're going to have to search around a bit to break up the yolk, because you want delicious yellow bits mixing it up with the rest of the soup, instead of a monolithic yolk.

Now, if you're like me, add a crazy amount of chile powder. I don't mean chili powder, with it's cumin, I mean something that is going to make eating this dish like eating hot lava. Eating hot lava is just the way I roll. Crazy amounts of cayenne pepper gives it a nice red look, but I also have dried ghost chile powder in my house. I like it hot.

If you have any meat leftovers in the house, slice it up and add it. It's not necessary, but if you've never had ramen infused with pork fat, you have not lived. Same goes with fresh peppers.

Once the noodles have boiled down to a nice consistency, take it off, put it a bowl and add even more red pepper flakes with a modicum of cracked pepper. I add some soy sauce, because why not more sodium? Make sure you have a sleeve of soda crackers to eat along with it, and enjoy.

This is one of my go-to meals. I imagine it doesn't sound all that good, but I eat it all the time. It's cheap, fast, and easy.

So what are your go-to meals? What do you make when you just can't be bothered to make anything better? (Recipes would be nice.)

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 03:39:06 AM »

I'll add my super easy recipe for guacamole even though it's not necessarily a whole meal (you need chips for that  TeddyR ).

1. Mash a couple of avocados.
2. Add salsa of your choice. Grocery stores in South Texas offer a plethora of salsa brands and types, so your choices may be more limited than mine.
3. Eat and enjoy!

This may already be common knowledge, but I thought of it only recently, so maybe someone else could use the idea, too. Aside from the chips, it's actually a very healthy dish.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 06:20:28 AM »

Chicken and dumplings!  Take some boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chop them up,  and boil them in a large pot full of water.  Add 4 cans of Pillsbury Buttermilk biscuits, pinching each biscuit into 5 dumplings.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Add a bit of milk to thicken the broth.  Feeds a family of 5.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 06:53:15 AM »

I take a big old deli bagel, and put either a slice of lebanon bologna or a slice of ham (or both sometimes) on it, then a slice of cheese or two, and a generous helping of yellow mustard. To top it off, I take a handful of finely crushed Doritos and sprinkle it on top, and microwave it.  All the flavors come together and with the added extra of melted cheese, it's a winner. 'Ya just gotta try it.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 07:17:15 AM »

Buy it, heat it up and eat it.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flangepart

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 08:05:19 AM »

Chili!
One can each Black, Red, butter (Yes!) and Pinto beans.
One can Corn Beef Hash fried till it's Juuuust crispy.
black papper and Jalapenos. (I average 8)
One box Beef stock.
One can tomato paste.
one can stewed tomato's.
One can cheap beer.

Crockpot on high for two hours, and enjoy.

Oh, and I like cornbread, crackers or good crutons (crushed) with it.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 08:50:07 AM »

1. Shoot animal.
2. Gut and skin animal.
3. Cook animal.
4. Eat animal.

Cheap and easy, and almost always fast....so shoot straight.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 01:39:35 PM »

This from the vegetarian!!!!  BounceGiggle

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 01:41:01 PM »

Thought you might like that, lol.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 02:01:32 PM »

My all-time favorite cheap, easy, quick meal, c. 1985....

One pound chicken necks (.19 at Fligner's)

One 1-pound bag egg noodles (.50)

1/2 cup Ronnie Reagan (Govt.) cheese, shredded (free)

2 oz. Govt. butter (free)

1 tsp. vinegar

2-3 shakes garlic salt

Boil water in one of those beat up, two quart saucepans that everyone seems to have. Add necks, let cook at full boil until bones soften-doesn't take all that long.

Add noodles, cook until done, with necks. Drain, reserving about 1/4 of the water. Gradually stir in the Ronnie Reagan, and the butter, adding in the vinegar and the garlic salt, mixing well.

Served me.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
cqmorrell
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 03:42:30 PM »

A good chicken recipe my mom makes fairly often:
http://www.housewivesofriverton.com/2013/03/parmesan-mayonnaise-chicken-recipe.html
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 05:24:20 PM »

Vegan hot dogs aka smart dogs are gross. One way you can eat them though is how I do it:

1. cook baked beans
2. chop up the smart dogs into bite sized pieces and stir them in

If you want, use 2 smart dogs and one real dog

It's not bad
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fast, Cheap, and Easy--Of course I'm talking about food « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.