Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:58:43 AM
714208 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Truck Turner (1974) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Truck Turner (1974)  (Read 3141 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 31, 2014, 09:11:21 PM »

Truck Turner is a bounty hunter.  As such, he deals with rough people, people like Gator.  Gator is such a rough person that Truck and his partner Jerry have to kill him to bring him in.  All in a day's work for Truck.  Gator has a girlfriend, Dorinda the Pimp.  Dorinda is a bit upset about Gator's death, so she hires some hitmen to take out Truck.  Truck has little trouble taking them out, instead.  Desperate, Dorinda turns to Harvard Blue, another acquaintance of Gator's.  See, Gator once stole Harvard's #1 b***h, and Harvard never quite got over that.  He wanted to kill Gator himself, and Truck deprived him of that, so Harvard is more than happy to take care of Truck for Dorinda.  The hitmen Harvard Blue has on call are much scarier than anyone Dorinda could get a hold of, let me tell you.  Seems like Truck is going to have a tough couple of days ahead.  Harvard Blue's hitmen beat the s**t out of one of Truck's most reliable clients.  Oh, well.  Harvard Blue's hitmen kill the ever-loving hell out of Jerry.  Hey, that's kind of mean.  Harvard Blue's hitmen kill Truck's cat.  Oh, it's on now, you mother-f**kERS!

It was at that exact moment that I fell in love with Truck Turner.

Sure, sure, it drags a little between scenes of Truck kicking people's asses, but I've put up with a lot more dragging to get to a lot less ass-kicking.  This is the movie that every other blacksploitation action flick wishes it could be.  Truck Turner may not have the depth of Superfly's story, it may not have the outstanding central performance of Black Caesar, it may not have the sheer goofiness of Black Samson, but by damn it's got ass-kicking and sheer badassery almost unmatched in the annals of cinema.

Isaac Hayes, as Truck, comes across as quite possibly the baddest motherf**ker to ever walk the Earth.  Hell, this movie left me believing that he'd have made a credible on-screen adversary for Bruce Lee!  I came out of this movie thinking that Escape From New York should have been about The Duke instead of Snake Plisskin.  I'm not sure how Isaac Hayes didn't become an action superstar based on this movie.  Yaphet Kotto, as Harvard Blue, is every bit the villainous match for Truck that he should be.  He comes across as too intelligent to ever outsmart, too strong to ever outfight, and too greasy to ever pin down.  Harvard is seriously one of the best villains I've ever seen in a crime film.

If you haven't seen this, stop whatever you're doing and watch it now!

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
major jay

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 06:54:07 AM »

I love this movie. Besides being badass, it's very funny. There's the Naval base stuff, Gator's funeral, his boss Nate Dinwiddie and just the s**t talking between Truck and his skip-tracing partner.
And what a great soundtrack! I especially like "Pursuit of the Pimpmobile".

Truck Turner - 1974 - Isaac Hayes - Pursuit of the Pimpmobil

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 09:20:21 PM »

Yup.  This is part of my vast blaxploitation collection.  I watched it again, along with a few Pam Grier movies, Shaft, and Superfly, just a few months ago.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 03:03:11 PM »

I wasn't into Blaxploitation films til I married Alan and he turned me onto them. Now I'm hooked on Truck Turner,anything with Pam Grier and many others....like Black Samson. Too cool!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 03:07:18 PM by tracy » Logged

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 03:25:23 PM »

For some HIGHLY entertaining blaxploitation, check out THE GUY FROM HARLEM:

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,105004.0.html

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Truck Turner (1974) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.