Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:40:34 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So I went to the lake today . . . « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So I went to the lake today . . .  (Read 2105 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: June 02, 2014, 11:47:48 PM »

I have to share this story somewhere, and it's too embarrassing to go on my FB page, where many of my students hang out.

I went to the lake with my friend Ray to look for points today, and we got there around 10:30 or so.  I backed my boat down into the water, pulled up the ramp to park, then realized that I had left the gas tank and hose in my shed at home!  It was about 45 minutes one way to the house from the ramp, but about 15 minutes to the nearest Wal-Mart . . .  and every boater should have a back-up fuel tank, right?  So I blew $70 on a new tank and hose, filled it with gas, and headed back to the ramp.  We spend a very pleasant afternoon on the lake, each finding some good things.  Then we headed back to the ramp, and
I left Ray to hold the boat while I went up to the truck and changed into my dry clothes before backing the trailer down.  I left my wet duds on the ground where the truck had been parked, planning to toss them into the boat once we had pulled out.

Here comes the embarrassing part.

As I was backing down the ramp, I saw two things.  First of all, Ray had strolled up the beach to a little point next to the boat ramp, hoping to pick up one more arrowhead before we left. Second, the boat was about 100 feet offshore and slowly drifting across the cove.  Ray has a bum shoulder and can't swim worth a flip; I am an excellent swimmer . . . but I just changed into my only set of dry clothes and had NO desire to drive home wet!  Also, I should add there was NO ONE besides me and Ray in line of sight in any direction.  NO other boats, no one in the nearby park, no one pulling up to put their boat in the water.  All this ran through my head in a matter of seconds, and then my clothes went flying onto the front seat of the car and I took off after the boat.

I got to it, no problem.  But, the gunwales on this boat are pretty high, and there was only one way to board the boat in the middle of the cove - swing a leg over the side and pull myself up.  The problem was that A: I could not do this without mooning the world; and B: I could not do this without dragging a rather sensitive, dangling part of my anatomy right across the very hard, metallic sides of the boat.

So I grabbed the rope and swam BACK across the cove, towing my 16 foot deep hull V bottom behind me. All the way across, all I could think was, here I am, 50 years old, a Christian schoolteacher and church leader, SKINNY DIPPING at a public boat ramp at 5 o'clock on a Monday afternoon! 

Ray met me at the shoreline with a towel, three steps to the truck and back into my dry clothes I go - and about 1 minute later, a boat comes pulling up to the ramp.  Disaster averted.

So how was your day?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 02:03:22 AM »

The problem was that A: I could not do this without mooning the world; and B: I could not do this without dragging a rather sensitive, dangling part of my anatomy right across the very hard, metallic sides of the boat.

So I grabbed the rope and swam BACK across the cove, towing my 16 foot deep hull V bottom behind me. All the way across, all I could think was, here I am, 50 years old, a Christian schoolteacher and church leader, SKINNY DIPPING at a public boat ramp at 5 o'clock on a Monday afternoon! 

Ray met me at the shoreline with a towel, three steps to the truck and back into my dry clothes I go - and about 1 minute later, a boat comes pulling up to the ramp.  Disaster averted.

So how was your day?

Woke up at 4 am, got dressed, shaved, ate, drank a liter of coffee, walked to the bus, got on, got off twenty minutes later, bought a pie at the service station, walked a mile or so to work, called Mom, worked until 12h30, had lunch, worked until 16h00, walked a few miles to the bus stop, went home, bathed, ate, watched Fox and MSNBC, watched Mythbusters and went to bed.

Pretty much my usual day.  Wink TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 05:51:25 AM »

Yesterday was fine but now today it's not even 6:00 AM and I've already got visions of a naked Indy running around on a boat dock.  I can't wait to see what happens next  BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 06:08:00 AM »

Yesterday was fine but now today it's not even 6:00 AM and I've already got visions of a naked Indy running around on a boat dock.  I can't wait to see what happens next  BounceGiggle

TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 08:21:26 AM »

TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR
Wonder if that scene will 'end' up in a Sy-Fy original? TeddyR

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 10:13:22 AM »

The news has been showing a video shot by a group of elderly nuns who were picnicking at a Texas lake yesterday and took footage of some crazy streaker, and oh my gosh, indy, you mean that was you????

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 11:07:44 AM »

All the way across, all I could think was, here I am, 50 years old, a Christian schoolteacher and church leader, SKINNY DIPPING at a public boat ramp at 5 o'clock on a Monday afternoon! 

You, sir, have been listening to entirely too much Katy Perry.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 12:25:09 PM »

Indy, you made my day.  Thanks man,
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 02:48:56 PM »

Indy,my dear, you are a gem. Wink

I am presently at our newly built,state-of-the-art.....well,for Mayberry BFE.....library where there are better than the old computers and lots of space.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 02:53:15 PM »

That story should make it into THE BIG BOOK OF BAPTIST FOLKLORE, dude.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 02:21:52 AM »

The news has been showing a video shot by a group of elderly nuns who were picnicking at a Texas lake yesterday and took footage of some crazy streaker, and oh my gosh, indy, you mean that was you????

LOL  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 01:13:25 PM »

LOL  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Ya' can't blame him, he just wanted to show the nuns that everything is bigger in Texas....
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So I went to the lake today . . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.