Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:47:20 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your Refrigerator « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your Refrigerator  (Read 4121 times)
claws
« on: June 07, 2014, 02:29:13 AM »

I made it a habit of going through my refrigerator on a regular basis, once a week (usually Saturday). I started doing this after finding way too many food past the expiration date  TeddyR
I also started to organize the food better, for example diary products & eggs are now stored in the upper half, leftovers in the middle, meat, lunchmeat, fruit & vegetables in the lower half (meat at the bottom in case of juice leak). Sauces/Condiments/Spreads/Pesto, lemon & lime juice in those little plastic bottles (basically anything small jars, tubes and bottles/beverages) on the fridge door.
I didn't go as far as labeling plastic containers with leftover food, but I use a washable marker on the fridge door to write down expiration dates. This is really helpful and won't let me forget stuff sitting way back in the fridge.

Does this sound too geeky or boring?  BounceGiggle

Who keeps your fridge neat at home? Any tips you wanna share?

« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 07:51:32 AM by claws » Logged
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 05:51:57 AM »

I have the same fridge I had in college - my parents bought it for me in 1989 - and it still works well.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 06:40:32 AM »

We put the jars and bottles in the door, the bottom shelf is for pop, beer, wine and miscellaneous stuff;  breads and misc. goes on the middle shelf, and the top shelf is pure miscellaneous.  There's a drawer were the sandwich meats, bacon and cheese go.  And a little container on the door where butter and cheese go.  Oh and lest I forget there are two bins at the bottom for fruit and vegetables - I never go in there myself  Smile

For expiration dates, well if the cheese is moldy or the bread is stale we toss it out.  Other than that we just use the smell test or the "feed it to the kids and see what happens" method.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 06:49:32 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 08:01:42 AM »

Other than that we just use the smell test or the "feed it to the kids and see what happens" method.

BounceGiggle

They say refrigerating bread makes it dry out faster. Personally I've never stored bread in the fridge, except if I'm making sandwiches for later use or have sandwiches leftover, depending on the type of food between the slices of bread.

Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 10:18:47 AM »

We have three children, so keeping the refrigerator organized can be a bit of a task.  We do tend to organize with an eye toward keeping more perishable items on certain shelves.

I also do not like to find a surprise involving any sort of vegetable in the back of that bin.  So, my norm is to check through that drawer at regular intervals.  Cucumbers become creatures from another world after a few weeks.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 11:16:52 AM »

Cucumbers become creatures from another world after a few weeks.

And there we have our next discussion for classic bad movies here at the site: "It Came From The Refrigerator"!   BounceGiggle
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 12:22:35 PM »

Other than that we just use the smell test or the "feed it to the kids and see what happens" method.

BounceGiggle

They say refrigerating bread makes it dry out faster. Personally I've never stored bread in the fridge, except if I'm making sandwiches for later use or have sandwiches leftover, depending on the type of food between the slices of bread.

Yup, I'm eating a sandwich on stale wheat bread right now  Smile

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 12:42:18 PM »

The lettuce crisper makes a great cigar humidor...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 01:02:46 PM »

It's jogging on the treadmill because it's running. TongueOut

The fridge is a weird mix of some dairy, very little meat, mostly vegan stuff since dad is vegan to lower his cholesterol, which is a mixed bag of being good or stuff that makes me feel very bloated.

yeah no.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 01:30:36 PM »

I also do not like to find a surprise involving any sort of vegetable in the back of that bin.  So, my norm is to check through that drawer at regular intervals.  Cucumbers become creatures from another world after a few weeks.

The worse is when they have plastic wrap on em, like the English ones. They totally go liquid, but keep their shape.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 02:41:53 PM »

I generally keep a close eye on meat especially....because if it hasn't started mutating Alan will eat it. TeddyR

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 02:42:35 PM »

I separate the moldy cheese from the fresh cheese.  Then I invite friends over, serve the moldy cheese, and tell them it's expensive, imported bleu cheese.  I am an ass.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flangepart

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 05:37:49 PM »

I generally keep a close eye on meat especially....because if it hasn't started mutating Alan will eat it. TeddyR
Ya'll need to heard George Carlin's 'Icebox man'. I did it for a standup routine at church once. Hey, killer material, and I did 'ol George well. Smile

Why, yes I did a touch of editing, but it didn't need that much.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2014, 02:22:43 AM »

BuggedoutTeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 03:05:38 PM »

What keeps my refrigerator organized?

I eat everything in it, before I go to the grocery store again.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your Refrigerator « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.