Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:50:34 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  My Fourth of July Musings . . . . « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: My Fourth of July Musings . . . .  (Read 6545 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2014, 12:36:34 PM »

Is there any point to this public argument? You two could insult each other through PMs. Or, even better, just forget about it and avoid responding to each other from now on.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2014, 12:41:20 PM »

Is there any point to this public argument? You two could insult each other through PMs. Or, even better, just forget about it and avoid responding to each other from now on.
Look at his posts.  Look at mine.  I never insulted him and have no interest in arguing with him.  There is no argument. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2014, 01:09:17 PM »

I didn't throw the first punch, my friend. I made an honest point about the dark side of the American welfare state. AHD decided to get flip again and here we are, back in the past.
I never said America was a bad place, but as we celebrate the good things (of which there are many), we also need to start examining the impact of the actions of those who feel "entitled" to things. This isn't to say that there aren't people working hard to get out of that arena, but we can't deny the fact that we've become a handout nation.   And when illegal aliens, welfare mothers, and others get things they didn't work for and don't use them for their intended purpose, all the while our veterans who served America are dying every day from being on extended VA waiting lists, yes, I'm going to say something about it, whether anyone likes it or not. I pay my taxes too.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2014, 01:34:37 PM »

I didn't throw the first punch, my friend. I made an honest point about the dark side of the American welfare state. AHD decided to get flip again and here we are, back in the past.

You're missing the point. Only you and Allhallowsday care who "threw the first punch." To the rest of us, this is just unpleasant noise. You don't have to defend yourself publicly, because the public doesn't care one way or the other. Since the issue is only of interest to you two, you should discuss it in private, if at all. My advice is to show some restraint and stop airing your grievances in public. Yes, my advice to him is exactly the same.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2014, 01:35:31 PM »

I agree, Rev.  It's time for this thread to die, or return to its original topic.  I did NOT intend it to turn out like this.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2014, 01:49:22 PM »

Like I said before...

You NEVER read stuff like this in any other topic about - how "great" Great Britain, Germany or Canada is'...

IMO - I think the 1st person that insults or turns rotten ANY country's topic of Holiday should have his/hers post deleted.

I'm just saying - I really dont think it's fair.

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2014, 02:39:25 PM »

I agree, Rev.  It's time for this thread to die, or return to its original topic.  I did NOT intend it to turn out like this.

Indy, neither did I expect this, trust me. I simply stated my opinion, which you yourself partially concurred with in regards to the negative impact of a welfare state, but you left it alone after that. Respect to you for that. I give credit where it's due.

AHD, however, inhis usual manner, goes ahead with full steam, p**sed off because I won't see the world thru his rose-colored sunglasses, and tells me to leave the board.  He is not the owner of Bad Movies and does not have that right. He also doesn't get to decide what stays and what goes. That's the area he screws up in, thinking he's everyone's boss and scaring people with it. And it's time it gets addressed. His tenure here is not a green light for unchecked verbal condescension and\or abuse.
I don't think he's a bad guy, but he needs to grow up and accept peoples' right to an opinion, if not the opinion itself. 

That's all I have to say.

A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 10:57:39 AM »

I'm just a little upset that I dropped my ipad in the lake over the holiday weekend. I didn't have anything groundbreaking to add.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  My Fourth of July Musings . . . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.